No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grounded looks really good, and that's out in a few days! My xbox list is growing, so may end up getting an X at launch!

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      PS4 Killzone looked pretty great. So did Ryze.
      man, that was great. Not in gameplay, but in textures. Really stood out against PS3 titles. Horizon is likely to be the game to do that this time around.

Comment

The jump to PS4/Xbox One was huge because the PS3 and Xbox 360 generation went on a tad too long.

Infamous 2

Infamous Second Son

3 year difference across those two games.

Comment

Yep. The jump from this gen to PS5/SeriesX is huge as well, the massive power bump and ssd’s will make mincemeat of this gen. Just as long as its not a new halo 🤣
          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 26-07-2020, 19:22.

Comment

Second Son is a great example - that was definitely a game where I thought ah, yeah, OK, that does look way better than a PS3 game.

For the most part though, it took a while for this gen to get to a point where it really had stuff that felt like a big step up. The first proper one for me was Witcher 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
              Infamous Second Son
              You could tell me that this was a PS5 game, and without scrutinising the resolution or depending on a DF breakdown to let me know that those reflections are not ray-tracing you'd easily have me convinced, and genuinely quite impressed at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                The jump to PS4/Xbox One was huge because the PS3 and Xbox 360 generation went on a tad too long.

Infamous 2

Infamous Second Son

3 year difference across those two games.
                And remember at the start of this gen. Many said the jump wasn't there, Fifa 16 looks just the same or with so many good games on the 360 or PS3. No point in getting a PS4, how Mobile gaming was the future and under the TV consoles was an outdated concept.

I bet on day one, Anyone who buys the next-gen consoles, will see the jump straight away and like with most consoles... 2 to 3 years down the line they'll be handling stuff way beyond this current gen. Which for all the crap over Jaguar cores have been doing remarkable things and plenty of fab games to boot

Comment

Yeah but come on... There's only far you can take a football game. Do you really think that the new FIFA games can benefit greatly from ray-tracing? It'll take time for improvements to evolve. It doesn't help that these things are annual releases. I highly doubt sports game will see any kind of revolutionary jump ever again. Maybe some form of intense AI driven skeletal animations? I don't know...

Comment

Really the culprit of this gen was the quite weak CPUs which were holding back 60fps or even unstable 30fps in some cases.

SSDs are a huge leap forward and something that should have happened with the PS4 and Xbox One IMO.

Comment

Yeah but come on... There's only far you can take a football game..
                      If you're going on just the Switch version maybe.... The recent Fifa games look better than anything possible last-gen and play very nice to boot.

Even if you don't buy a new NextGen game, playing the likes of Gears V on the Series X is going to offer graphics and performance not possible on the One X. Ok, sure... Get The PC willy out, if one must, but for console games 60 FPS, 4K and Raytracing are going to be leaps

Every console gen is a leap, even for this gen, which was held back but not the best CPU's.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                        If you're going on just the Switch version maybe.... The recent Fifa games look better than anything possible last-gen and play very nice to boot.
                        Yes, recent FIFA games. That was my point. It takes the course of a generation for visuals to improve. Especially so for sports titles, and that margin is going to be further narrowed this time as there's not a great deal that can be done with the new tech to immediately benefit said games, outside of doubling the frame rate perhaps. And yes, 120fps FIFA on the Series X should easily be possible.
                        Last edited by dataDave; 27-07-2020, 13:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                          And remember at the start of this gen. Many said the jump wasn't there, Fifa 16 looks just the same or with so many good games on the 360 or PS3. No point in getting a PS4, how Mobile gaming was the future and under the TV consoles was an outdated concept.

I bet on day one, Anyone who buys the next-gen consoles, will see the jump straight away and like with most consoles... 2 to 3 years down the line they'll be handling stuff way beyond this current gen. Which for all the crap over Jaguar cores have been doing remarkable things and plenty of fab games to boot
                          Your enthusiasm is refreshing, TA

It's easy to forget negative attitudes towards XBO/PS4 in light of 360 and PS3 games coming out at the time.

It's the same thing again: we now have great-looking games on XBO/PS4 which make the generational jump appear less dramatic and also make us forget what the majority of launch games actually looked like.

Personally, I'll be holding out for a few years but I'm still excited to see what's to come.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                            Your enthusiasm is refreshing, TA

It's easy to forget negative attitudes towards XBO/PS4 in light of 360 and PS3 games coming out at the time.

It's the same thing again: we now have great-looking games on XBO/PS4 which make the generational jump appear less dramatic and also make us forget what the majority of launch games actually looked like.
                            I remember negativity to the 360 launch. Then it was how all the games look 'brown' or just have 'shiny' graphics

Comment

Yes, recent FIFA games.
                              No even recent. There was a night and day difference from Fifa 14 on the 360 to the Xbox one version. Never mind how much visually Ryse looked so much better than anything possible on the 360 on day one and that's before one looks at Killzone 4 on the PS4

Comment

Even domino's pizza are taking a dump on halo infinite now, can someone link it please as its pure gold.

Comment

Working...
                                X