Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    I use Chrome as a browser so I'm guessing that's going to severely limit my earning potential?
    No, you can complete the daily tasks, 90 + additional tasks from Chrome (or any other browser) but you need EDGE for the 12 pts and mobile Bing (or the app) for the 60 mobile searches.

Personally rather than stop using a competent search engine. I just do the tasks at the start of each day. Takes 5 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
      [MENTION=345]Neon Ignition[/MENTION] [MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION] I'm on 7,400 MS Reward points for the month so far, and that's just through doing the daily task via a browser; three trivia/poll questions, 35 EDGE browser searches and 20 mobile searches. You only get 182 - 212 MS reward pts from these daily searches, but usually have another 30-50 pts on offer from 'more activities'.

So you won't earn enough from the daily browser searches. You can earn more from Xbox Game Pass quests and digital purchases. I imagines most people are still enjoying their 'free' Gold to GP Ultimate conversion time, but then it will be a chore to earn extra monthly Game Pass extensions from Game Pass.
      I'm currently on 61,800... I think the most I've had is 205,000 before which I used against an Elite Series 2 controller.

Seriously if you just stick edge browser on your phone, sign into it and flick between mobile searches and desktop searches to hit your daily bing limits and do the daily rewards you'll start raking it in.

There's also rewards on the console for weekly stuff and it rotates each week. So once you get the pattern it's easy to start that ticking over as well. Finally there's game pass rewards which are usually just for playing a game pass game daily or opening the mobile app... But then there's weekly challenges around other things on top.

I'm holding this credit to basically use against the Series X but be aware when you cash in the rewards there's a 3 month expiry unlike buying gift cards.

Comment

I didn't even think about the mobile app, definitely installing that later to use going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          I didn't even think about the mobile app, definitely installing that later to use going forward.
          Used to be, the first time you installed the mobile Bing App that's 500 MS Reward pts.

Comment

This all sounds like a tremendous amount of work to save £4 a month

Comment

[MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION] Save £10.99...do keep up

Comment

All sounds very profitable for MS 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  This all sounds like a tremendous amount of work to save £4 a month
                  It's a good bit more than that but yes it's still a monotonous daily task to net peanuts. Thing is the Bing side of things takes 5 minutes tops, the game pass and weekly rewards stuff I basically achieve just through normal play so the reality is it's fairly non intrusive.

I just tend to forget about it and then within a few months I've got some extra credit to spend on game sales.

When you're getting quite a few new releases through game pass and you're doing this as well it's all adding up. I reckon I'll have put in £160 towards Series X which is a lot of time doing this crap but it's added up and it's significant.

Comment

Halo: Infinite
                    's multiplayer will be Free 2 Play

Comment

I wonder if this mean MS will be getting rid of the ridiculous requirement for Xbox Live Gold to play free to play games? Or even getting rid of Xbox Live Gold all together?

So it looks like multiplayer will be a separate download from the campaign.

Comment

Battle Pass? So ongoing transactions to unlock new content?

Comment

"Customisation options completely new to Halo".

Aha. Premium hats available I take it.

TBH this will prob be really good. I've been such a CoD crack addict this year that I'm def going to be sampling this (although I'll have my PS5 by then so playing this on the One S will feel a bit of a downgrade, but oh well!).

Comment

Thank GOD for LG C9 .

Comment

It could be a battle pass like the one in Halo Master Chief Collection, although since it’s free to play I would imagine the season pass will be like every free to play season pass.
                              1-100 levels that unlock cosmetics/characters that are not gameplay altering.
                              Free maps, gameplay modes added or altered every season.
                              The usual gubbins.

Comment

I'm out.
                                Its basically going to be like every other online shooter now. Do I really want to play Halo against a bunch of people in rainbow coloured suits and electric blue guns? Am I going to get excited about putting a cowboy hat on the master chief?
                                Battle pass in a first party game too?

Comment

Working...
                                X