Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I remember negativity to the 360 launch. Then it was how all the games look 'brown' or just have 'shiny' graphics

360 launch was actually quite good, PGR3 was a system seller for me, Condemed was great, Kameo was much better than the press made out, xbox live was unrivalled for online. It had a decent line up all said and done.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        360 launch was actually quite good, PGR3 was a system seller for me, Condemed was great, Kameo was much better than the press made out, xbox live was unrivalled for online. It had a decent line up all said and done.
        I enjoyed the launch , but it wasn't a great line up and only PGR 3 made any serious use of the system . Many though made out it was more of the same , no colours, brown and shinny graphics and far better games on the PS2 , OG Xbox . Little unrealistic to expect AAA games on day one .

I also remember the press having issues with the games on show at E3 2005, graphics issues and poor frame rates . That all changed when one actually had the system on launch .

Comment

Compare Halo 5 to Infinite. You'd think the screens were reversed.

Many though made out it was more of the same , no colours, brown and shinny graphics and far better games on the PS2 , OG Xbox . Little unrealistic to expect AAA games on day one .
          I don't remember that. Maybe when targeting certain games like Gears/ArmyManSim2000, but not the hardware as a whole.

Comment

That Domino's ad might be good for a laugh, but there is a deeper meaning here. It means its entered the social consciousness. People see that ad and know what it means, which is bad for MS.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              I don't remember that. Maybe when targeting certain games like Gears/ArmyManSim2000, but not the hardware as a whole.
              I seem to think you were one of them and how the next gen (then) was just the same games but with shinny graphics and how Nintendo are so much better, 480p more than good enough ....

Let's also remember than when MS 1st showed off Gears Of War at E3 2005, it was running on a PC and a lot of games that were running on 360 Mac development kits had all sorts of issues with frame rates .

Like EDGE said , SONY shows MS how to do E3 . Shame nothing of what SONY showed off was real mind.

Comment

The lack of impact on new gen visuals would have been discussed anyway but it's what brings me back around to how I feel the Pro and X where reasonable mistake from both Sony and Microsoft in the end. Neither generated sales like a Super Slim would have and both took away from the impact of the new machines.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  That Domino's ad might be good for a laugh, but there is a deeper meaning here. It means its entered the social consciousness. People see that ad and know what it means, which is bad for MS.
                  Yep. Damage is well and truly done now.

Comment

I seem to think you were one of them and how the next gen (then) was just the same games but with shinny graphics and how Nintendo are so much better, 480p more than good enough ....
                    Right, okay. Whatever. You probably missed the posts where I continually stated Perfect Dark Zero as being my most anticipated video game of all time, with region-free Ridge 6 being around the corner. All that coming off the back of the entire year being dedicated to religiously playing Halo 2 online with forumites.

Selective memory, and all that.

Comment

Like you know... whatever *rollseyes*

Comment

Greenberg admits that Game Pass is a long game in terms of being a decent profit earner for Microsoft assuming the short term costs pay off.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xb.../1100-6480241/
                          Greenberg admits that Game Pass is a long game in terms of being a decent profit earner for Microsoft assuming the short term costs pay off.
                          With a massive emphasis on the “game”.

Comment

Right, okay. Whatever. You probably missed the posts where I continually stated Perfect Dark Zero as being my most anticipated video game of all time, with region-free Ridge 6 being around the corner. All that coming off the back of the entire year being dedicated to religiously playing Halo 2 online with forumites.

Now come on, I'm sure TA, like all of us, can remember exactly what other people were posting on here 15 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              The lack of impact on new gen visuals would have been discussed anyway but it's what brings me back around to how I feel the Pro and X where reasonable mistake from both Sony and Microsoft in the end. Neither generated sales like a Super Slim would have and both took away from the impact of the new machines.
                              1000% this.
                              When I posted the infamous comparison above I was trying to highlight there was a big generational difference between PS3/PS4. What I didn’t say was I feel Xbox One X and PS4 pro bridged that gap a bit too much, people are already playing 4k games which makes selling 4k games a much harder prospect.

As for the dominoes tweet it’s an odd one, I spoke to a friend who’s got a PS4 and doesn't game a lot outside of FIFA and CoD he didn’t even know the new halo was shown and he asked me what that specific tweet was all about. As said, that tweet gets people curious and then they look at a YouTube for an explanation and see some douche with a 45 minute video about how Halo looks like garbage.
                              You can also like and subscribe if you want to see further videos of said douche slating Brie Larson for existing.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                                Now come on, I'm sure TA, like all of us, can remember exactly what other people were posting on here 15 years ago.
                                Like it was yesterday mun; I was even able to take the pee out of LEEDS fans and able to drink 15 pints no worries... How I miss them

Comment

Working...
                                X