No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battle Pass and map updates and stuff are good. They keep things fresh. I’ll take that any day over something like Mario Kart 8, where the MP has basically been frozen in aspic since about 2014.

Comment

Battle passes suck. Or at least 'most' implementations do.

They are in way too many games now, and they aren't helping that feeling of falling behind, if you don't play that game for a bit. I'm also not a fan of paying for something and then having to play for 150-200hrs just to unlock that content I've already paid for.

I wouldn't mind if it was something like you pay £10 for the battle pass, and then you pay £10 to unlock everything. But of course it isn't like that.

Comment

How about we find out what the battle pass is and what it contains before dismissing it as being ****.

If it's content like we saw in Halo 5 with the REQ packs the cosmetics were suited to the universe and not just gaudy tack like cowboy hats.

I can understand it being free to play as well. I firmly believe gold as we know it is going and online play is free from now on to align to the PC.

Comment

Can't wait to gun you all down in my new pink cowboy hat.

Comment

It's the 120fps that's grabbed my eye... I mean, given the last few weeks fallout from the campaign footage I would much rather they concentrate on 60fps and more finesse in the graphics department. Or as I'll keep saying give us options...

I note it says "up to" so let's see what they give us...

Comment

It's just the current buzz point to help make the systems sound better than the current machines. 99.99% of buyers won't give a monkeys about 120fps and within a year or two support for it will dry up as games start coming out that actually begin to use the systems power. If anything being 120fps highlights how resolutely current gen the game is. It's still a better look than Ubisoft though with their 'next-gen versions of current gen games will be 30fps and you'll like it' approach

Comment

The rumours intensify that Microsoft are doing away with mandatory multiplayer fees.

Although it's something that was relatively easy to spot (and has been talked about here), bravo Microsoft. That's a huge move.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                  Battle passes suck. Or at least 'most' implementations do.

They are in way too many games now, and they aren't helping that feeling of falling behind, if you don't play that game for a bit.
                  I really enjoyed it on CoD as it seemed fair that you could make enough points from the season to pay for the next pass. I did this for 2 seasons and during the 3rd, I felt burnt out. I felt like a slave to the battle pass. I was enjoying the game, but I wasn't enjoying that feeling of falling behind. Yeah, I didn't need to get the battle pass at all, but it was presented to me in an enjoyable way. You can buy the next battle pass if you save the cod points you saved blah blah. I gave up.

I see my kids doing it now with Fortnite. Inevitably, they spend an Fortnite credit they get during the battle pass on skins etc, so I end up paying for 3 battle passes every season.

Comment

Axing Gold would feel like the first truly outright good aggressive move against Sony and also work wonders in getting all those paying Gold subscribers to take up Game Pass by making them feel like they weren't spending much more. They won't but Sony should merge PSNow and Plus and follow suit with online play.

Comment

Does this mean that GamePass Ultimate will be renamed GamePass? Will the price be reduced? Considering the Gold membership is included in that £10.99 a month?

Comment

Nah I think gold will simply cease to exist and there will just be Game Pass and Game Pass Ultimate...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                            https://www.resetera.com/threads/jef...e-free.259233/

The rumours intensify that Microsoft are doing away with mandatory multiplayer fees.

Although it's something that was relatively easy to spot (and has been talked about here), bravo Microsoft. That's a huge move.
                            Nice to see more confirmation. To me this is just them simplifying things... Having silver/gold/game pass/ultimate... Something has to give and now PC is in the mix as more than an afterthought where online play has always been free it just doesn't measure up anymore.

It's a lot of revenue to give up but I'm sure they're aware of how they will replace it.

Huge news if true (which it seems very much to be at this stage).

I guess they'll just come out and confirm it at the August showcase

Comment

Its pretty obvious that gold is being replaced by gamepass, they are not suddenly going to make online play free and leave gamepass to languish.

Comment

Might be a hold your horses moment, in that the Resetera thread is going into immense debate on whether this is just f2p games being free on Live (like PSN and Switch). So yea probably need official acknowledgement.

To me it sounds like free multiplayer on Xbox, full stop.

EDIT: that thread is going faster than me. Back to rumours it's free multiplayer, full stop. So ignore me!
                                Last edited by Digfox; 31-07-2020, 14:11.

Comment

Working...
                                X