No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would make more sense for it to be free other wise Halo just undermines both Gold and Game Pass. Scrapping Gold means more people are likely to keep Halo Infinite MP installed whether they have Game Pass or not, no-one's going to keep resubbing Game Pass for the campaign and paywalling the MP behind Gold and GamePass just limits numbers. It means there's slightly less value to GamePass also which may actually be good as it might force them to keep the super cheap costs in place for consumers for longer whilst they cream off the MTX revenue from Halo MP. I'd expect Gears of War 6's MP to follow.

Comment

Yes, I think it is all multiplayer will be free and Gold is being removed. Just confusion eminating from the original tweet. We should know soon, but still rumours for now.

Comment

So no subscription required to play any game online, well that’s a pretty bold move.

Comment

That's cool if true. One of the best things about ps3 when it launched.

Comment

120fps... who is that feature aimed at? Less than 1% of people. Good they’re getting rid of pay to play online. That never made any sense and I hated that Sony joined in that nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              120fps... who is that feature aimed at? Less than 1% of people. Good they’re getting rid of pay to play online. That never made any sense and I hated that Sony joined in that nonsense
              Nice to have the option of 120fps as more screens will support it throughout the generation.

Comment

Indeed. As an option it's great.

The further we get away from 30fps the better.

People that have never seen beyond 60fps before are in for a treat.

Comment

More screens will support it... but less games ;p

Comment

Now 100% confirmed with MS tweeting:

Halo is for everyone. We can confirm #HaloInfinite multiplayer will be free-to-play and will support 120FPS on Xbox Series X. More details will be shared later!

Comment

Maybe this is the generation of the increased frame rate finally!? Are new TVs supporting 120hz then? I had no idea

Comment

Maybe this is the generation of the increased frame rate finally!? Are new TVs supporting 120hz then? I had no idea
                        I hope so. I don't really care much for 120fps unless it's something that needs a higher response rate. 60 is fine for more stuff.
                        I think some of the higher end TVs support 120fps. I definitely saw a Panasonic with 120fps support.

Comment

Yeah basically anything with HDMI2.1 should support up to 4K120 as well as VRR (variable refresh rate).

Most TV sets now outside of the LG OLED line that offer HDMI 2.1 will get this as part of a firmware update.

Sony are also branding some of their TVs as (ready for PS5) which I believe means they're capable of the above.

Right now if you wanted a decent non OLED TV for gaming the best seems to be the Sony XH900 series.

Comment

Bear in mind that there's been some hoo-hah about LG removing certain 2.1 features from this year's "X" sets. The 48gbps has been reduced to 40gbps.

No idea what that means for gamers...

Comment

120fps support will be like 3D support on PS3, a mooted feature that flares and burns out in no time at all. We're not getting common 60fps performance let alone above that

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                                Bear in mind that there's been some hoo-hah about LG removing certain 2.1 features from this year's "X" sets. The 48gbps has been reduced to 40gbps.

No idea what that means for gamers...
                                It basically means it won't be able to produce the full bandwidth experience of 12bit colour (HDR) @ 4K120 which means more than likely they will reduce the colour range (10bit) to compensate for it.

What does that mean? In real terms I've no idea, and from a gaming perspective I doubt you'd notice your HDR reproduction isn't quite top notch when **** is flying past at 120fps...

But people are pissed with LG for even making such a reduction from previous models. If you're going to support a standard and all that.

I don't think it's worth crying about really but it does mean not all TV sets are equal in their support so it pays to keep an eye on reviews etc...

Honestly I think OLED is amazing tech but I'm still weary of it for gaming when I've got kids in the house. They can turn the TV on, my console on and generally leave **** on 24/7 so chances are I'm a house just asking for burn-in issues. So I'm personally steering clear of the tech... Even though it's currently unrivalled.

Comment

Working...
                                X