Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers, TA!

Comment

They’re so expensive though, I’m looking at £35 for a pair. I was considering Eneloops as an alternative, is this a good idea?

Comment

Totally worth mentioning the official Xbox play & charge is a 1400mAh cell, you can get some eneloop pros with 2500 mAh for about £13, you just need to get a stand alone charger to charge them, they will definitely last a lot longer than the play and charge.

Panasonic Eneloop Pro AA 2500mAh Eneloop NiMH Ready to Use Rechargeable Battery BK 3HCDE/4BE (4 Eneloop Pro Batteries) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JWC40..._ENpkCbQ9N682X

I have now owned a total of 8 pre charged batteries over 5 years.
        Since you get 4 in a pack, only need two in the pad and two as back up.

Comment

Got 2 for a tenner from Sainsbury’s and they’re great

Comment

Thanks Fry and Brad.

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            Got 2 for a tenner from Sainsbury’s and they’re great
            What brand was this?

Comment

Guys, what’s the best way to setup the Xbox UI? Just pinning games to the homescreen? Any other tips and tricks? It’s needlessly confusing compared to PS4, everything seems hidden away.

Comment

Guide button via pad has most of the short cuts you need now. I would always say just have a look around and get used to using everything but you can do quite a lot from just the guide now. You can go straight to my games and apps or the store, it will also show your previous played apps/games.

I would say make some groups via my games and apps, they are a bit like folders on PS4. For example I have an Apps group and a Games group, I’ve put my most played apps in one and games in the other, once you make them if you press start (3 lines) button on pad you can + add to home which means they will basically be at the bottom of the home page. Also once you have put them into groups when click on my games and apps these will be the first things you now see.

Comment

I just created a few folders under the games and apps tab, namely Microsoft Studious, Xbox/Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Does the job for me. Don't really spend much time outside of games and the store. I never shut the console off completely so when I turn it on it's either already in a game or in my games tab.

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys. I’ve got it mostly sorted now I think. I created a group for Spotify, Netflix, YouTube and iPlayer and placed at the top of the home screen. Games I’m placing on the home screen in their own slots.

Quite happy with it. I might eventually fold all the games into a group but I only have a few currently.

Def requires more management than PS4 though. I also find it really odd how it’s not at all obvious how you access non gaming entertainment apps like Netflix. They should be on a tab at the top really.

Comment

The UI is a shambles. There's a menu at the top of the screen that nets you know you can use the L1 R1 bumpers to go to the appropriate sections... until you scroll down a bit and then that menu disappears. I find myself hammering the B button to back out of where I am and nothing happens because I'm actually at the top level already, but in a different section. Ridiculously crap. Every Xbox UI is worse than the last. And so laggy! For a console that's so powerful (and it is insanely powerful considering the size, amazing engineering here) their UI manages to utterly cripple it.

Comment

All the modern console UI’s are f*****g atrocities.

Comment

It’s really weird. It feels very much like it’s designed to put Microsoft’s interests first, rather than the user’s. There’s nowhere I can see what disc I have inserted if it’s a BR, but I’ve got an advert for Games with Gold and McDelivery front and centre, and Mixer a tap away.

None of which I’m likely to be as interested in as the Blu-Ray I’ve inserted or the games I already own.

I don’t mind it now I’ve organised my games and entertainment apps onto the home screen, but I’m going to have to manually shift every game to the home page from here on out, which is an unnecessary level of management versus PS4’s simple list in order of recent opening.

After Microsoft’s big thing about entertainment and the OneGuide etc, the strangest decision for me is to hide Netflix etc away.

Comment

I was trying to run Netflix on the PS4, but it was taking forever, so I thought I'd fire up the Xbox One and run it there.

It really is an awful UI.

Even the 360 blades interface was better than this monstrosity!

One of the biggest draws on the One is the monthly free games.
                            There should be a big splash at the top saying "Getcha free games 'ere!", but I always end up some convoluted route like:
                            Scroll > Scroll > Join Gold > Games with Gold > Join Gold > Gold Game offers > Free Games > buy this game > get this game
                            What a kerfuffle!

I could go on, but if you have a One, you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              I was trying to run Netflix on the PS4, but it was taking forever, so I thought I'd fire up the Xbox One and run it there.

There should be a big splash at the top saying "Getcha free games 'ere!", but I always end up some convoluted route like:
                              Scroll > Scroll > Join Gold > Games with Gold > Join Gold > Gold Game offers > Free Games > buy this game > get this game
                              What a kerfuffle!

I can always get to the games with gold and Gold special deals from one click from the home screen. It's normally the tile with gold in the corner and encouraging you to either renew your gold membership (age before it runs out) or try Game Pass.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

What a kerfuffle!

The guide has an area at the bottom dedicated to games with gold and there is a dedicated section in my games and apps

Comment

Working...
                                X