No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to imagine MS will improve their UI design next gen, their approach across devices is so uniform they'll probably just do another rejig of what we have

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      As I said, there's never a dedicated link to the Games With Gold at the top, you have to go some indirect, convoluted route.

As I said, there's never a dedicated link to the Games With Gold at the top, you have to go some indirect, convoluted route.
      I didn't realise a stationary button on the first home page (where the console goes on boot up and where the home button takes you) that is ALWAYS there is indirect and convoluted. I'll give you the fact that it sometimes advertises Gamepass or 'renew xbox live' is silly but once your know that's the button to click there's no running in circles to get to it.

Comment

So you're saying a button that is labelled to do something else isn't convoluted?

Comment

The one on the far right? Sometimes on that button it shows a McDelivery advert for me

Now I have my games and apps organised, I don’t mind the system. Being able to bring up the guide and overlay it on the game is quite nice, although it would make more sense if the guide WAS the homescreen. I don’t really see why there have to be two systems.

To to add some positivity, I don’t find it that slow. In fact, I find jumping between a game and Netflix a bit faster than on PS4.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            To to add some positivity
            How dare you...

Comment

Haha. I do think performance of OS is an issue for next gen though. Neither is particularly smooth. Also, it’s interesting just how off-base MS were with their concept of Bone as the definitive media hub for the home. I can’t help but feel the importance of consoles for doing anything but playing games is greatly diminished due to how much smart TV operating systems have improved.

Comment

It's like they didn't expect TVs to become good.

Comment

I hope MS sorts out the dashboard for the new console. The one on One is slow and laggy and has a mind of its own

Comment

Originally posted by HailMary View Post
                    I hope MS sorts out the dashboard for the new console. The one on One is slow and laggy and has a mind of its own
                    That's the worst part is when the dash hangs or gets stuck for a few secs. I do love the Amazon ALEXA support and huch easier it is to see peoples gamer vids and pics and mixxer streaming service is utterly brilliant.

Comment

"During AMD’s CES press conference, Xbox Division Head Phil Spencer joined the graphics giant’s CEO Lisa Su on stage to talk about the partnership between the two companies.

Spencer pledged his support for the collaboration between Microsoft and AMD for “future platforms,” also mentioning that he looks forward to showing them in the future.

As a company, we look at the opportunity in gaming and one of the things I want to say is when we think who our partners are, we think about great companies that do great work, but also do it in the right way.

You’re somebody that I respected a ton in this industry and I’ve seen the way you’ve led AMD, and I think having a partner like AMD that works so collaboratively with us on our future technology, but also as a cultural level I think fits so well, it’s awesome to have you as a partner.

[…]

As we look forward to future platforms that we’re building and work that we’re doing, the partnership and the innovations that we’ve seen in the past have led to what we’ve been able to do today, I think they’re going to be critically important to our future endeavors.

I’m really looking forward to showing those to people more in the future.

Spencer also explained that over the next decade investment needs to focus on three components: content, community, and cloud, and that’s exactly what Microsoft has been doing recently with the acquisition of new studios, its focus on the Xbox Live community, and the upcoming launch of Project xCloud.

Back in December, Spencer mentioned that 2019 is “Lined Up to Be Another Better Year.” He also talked further about the upcoming Next-Gen hardware.

Comment

Talk about a next gen Xbox always reminds me that I need a new PC in a couple of years time. I adore they decision to dual release their games on PC, eradicates the need to ever buy and Xbox again and gives you the best version of their games for the princely sum of about £15 a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                          Talk about a next gen Xbox always reminds me that I need a new PC in a couple of years time. I adore they decision to dual release their games on PC, eradicates the need to ever buy and Xbox again and gives you the best version of their games for the princely sum of about £15 a year.
                          Just think of the money you'll save on those games!

PC gaming is definitely the frugal choice!

Not including the £2K outlay, £3k upkeep and the loss of man hours configuring blades of grass to render in 4K 60fps.

Comment

True, I need to do the maths one day of how much the machine has cost me vs how much it's saved because games etc are so much cheaper on it than console. It'll largely pay for itself in the end I think... I save nearly £100 for every 2 Xbox games they release

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              I save nearly £100 for every 2 Xbox games they release
                              How!?

Comment

The wonders of Game Pass, you can get a month for about £3.99 shopping around at times and with so few games worth playing you only need two a year. It's a false statement as you can do it on Xbox as well I guess but I still saved £450 on getting an Xbox One X for a similar experience so getting there

Comment

Working...
                                X