No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Leon Retro Unfortunately they announced back in the summer that no further games would be brought to the BC programme for the Bone. However, hopefully they build on it on the Sexbox.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      However, hopefully they build on it on the Sexbox.
      Yeah, would be great if they continue on the Series X. I won't get my hopes up though.

Comment

There were a bunch of games that they tested which never made it, so beyond licensing issues, perhaps we shall see a few more that the S/X couldn’t handle.
        I’d like to think a few more resolution bumped titles too for the same reasons

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
          I now realise why MS have to worry about copyright issues, so they can't just get more and more OG Xbox games on the system if there is copyrighted music etc... But at least we know the chosen OG games will run well and look really nice.
          Well, that's that and also these days emu seems to be done via software and not by including the old CPU of the previous system. I would have thought that maybe MS and SONY would have looked to include the Jaguar CPU's of the One and PS4 to handle BC and maybe OS functions in the new systems (so the New CPU are just focused on the game side) Given how cheap and reliable the Jaguar CPU's must be now

We probably won't see JSRF or OutRun 2006 though.
          OutRun 2006 nope, I do live in hope SEGA will make an HD version of JSRF with new music added for the tracks SEGA can't get the rights too. I'm sure Hideki Naganuma would be up for making new tracks for the game since he always talks highly of JSRF

Comment

Providing on-line computer games; Providing a website featuring non-downloadable game software; Entertainment services, namely, providing an on-line computer game; Providing temporary use of non-downloadable game software; Organization of electronic game competitions; Organization of games; Organizing and arranging exhibitions for entertainment purposes; Organization of exhibitions for cultural or educational purposes; Entertainment information; Provision of information relating to electronic computer games provided via the Internet; Providing a web site through which people locate information about tournaments, events, and competitions in the video game field; Entertainment services, namely, providing interactive multiplayer game services for games played over computer networks and global communications networks; Providing information on the video game and computer game industries via the Internet; Providing information on computer games, video games, video game consoles, and accessories thereof via the Internet; Arranging and conducting exhibitions in the nature of computer gaming tournaments

Microsoft have registered the marketing phrase 'Power Your Dreams' for XBX. Xbox Series X will be the next Dreamcast!... err....

Comment

I always advise a pinch of salt, but apparently the series X will only have exclusive games one year after launch. In the mean time they will be cross gen.
              If this is true what could possibly motivate someone to buy a series X? The games are on the One and on PC, so why would I buy one at launch?
              Sony have a good opportunity here to launch with some big 'only on PS5' games here and kill the competition before its begun.

Xbox Game Studios head Matt Booty recently confirmed that Xbox Series X exclusive games created by Microsoft Studios will only come at a later time

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                I always advise a pinch of salt, but apparently the series X will only have exclusive games one year after launch. In the mean time they will be cross gen.
                If this is true what could possibly motivate someone to buy a series X? The games are on the One and on PC, so why would I buy one at launch?
                Sony have a good opportunity here to launch with some big 'only on PS5' games here and kill the competition before its begun.

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-exclusives-launch/
                Its sharing a game disk all over again. Here you go, thanks!.

Comment

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-exclusives-launch/
                  I suppose the argument is that it doesn’t matter where you play the games, just that you can

Comment

Sounds great to me.

It’s even better than forward-compatibility for accessories, because the games themselves will be upgraded for free.

And it’s not as though they’ll be gimped that much - most early games are developed cross-gen anyway(like MGS5 and Tomb Raider) - but XBO owners won’t need to re-buy the games when they upgrade to Xbox.

Sure, there are the occasional games that just wouldn’t work on the previous generation(like The Last Guardian). I’ll be interested to see how those fare.

Comment

Now that yakuza made the jump to pc, I can’t think of many ps only games that would make me buy a playstation.

Comment

The thing that concerns me is that MS seem to think a new console mean simply an increase in graphical fidelity. Its alot more than just an increase in polygons.
                        For example, the new consoles will have SSD which means that any environmental effects that are steamed from the drive will be instant. This in turn means that developers are not limited as they are now, environments can be bigger and or contain more effects or life. This then means developers can think of new games and effects that wouldn't work on the current generation.
                        Having cross gen exclusives will gimp the games. It'll look better sure, but it's not going to offer anything new. It'll be Forza, but prettier.

Comment

For example, the new consoles will have SSD which means that any environmental effects that are steamed from the drive will be instant.
                          I would imagine MS knows this and since you talk of Forza and enviroment effects . It could be a lot like Forza Horzion 2 on the One and 360. Where the 360 version losses the environmental effects and weather?

At a guess I think it be a lot like Mega Drive and the Master System. Same games, but where vasytly difference experiences due to the power difference

Comment

Re the jump to solid state, MS probably wont make (as much of a deal) about this jump on console as they are used to this on pc, Sony will probably again jump on this marketing wise.

SSD really is going to be a game changer for consoles in general, especially if the rumours of them using the SSD as a type of extra ram to load stuff through quicker.
                            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 11-01-2020, 08:27.

Comment

Thinking hypothetically, let's say a developer has the idea for a game that uses Ray Tracing to move beams of light around and solve puzzles. It's not something that could be made on the One so they don't bother to make it. It could be the next Tetris but because it doesn't work in the One MS don't give a ****. It's limiting to developers to keep one foot in the past for a year or more.

Comment

I think there will be a few 3rd party exclusives but without 1st party leading the charge, 3rd parties are hardly going to pick up the baton and expense of new next gen exclusives.

Comment

Working...
                                X