No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to assume that Covid has made it hard to get content for these presentations.

Comment

Those gameplay reveals looked an awful lot like cinematics.

Comment

It was all pretty meh

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
          Those gameplay reveals looked an awful lot like cinematics.
          Jeff Bakalar posted the briefly displayed small print that the graphics were representative of what they think the end product will be able to do. You know, like the kill zone 2 trailer.

Comment

I quite liked the look of the new Yakuza game, but there wasn't anything that screamed to me "If you don't get a console, you'll be missing out".

Comment

Ubisoft and anyone else for that matter need to know that gameplay means "game being played"...

These cinematic "using game engine" trailers mean nothing.

Comment

It’s a hard pass from me so far

Comment

That fell flat as much as every other xbox announcement. MS are aware they have a new console to sell right? Right??

Comment

We're at the point where developers need 15 years on a single game to make it look "next gen" and astonishing. No one has that time or budget.

Comment

The Medium looks pretty cool. Ticks all my boxes, but still need you know, gameplay

Comment

Yes I thought that one looked good.

I'm also looking forward to AC Valhalla even if they overhyped this trailer. You at least know what the gameplay should be like if you've played Odyssey.

Some of the other titles looked interesting but most it's too early a look or they just were pretty boring.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          We're at the point where developers need 15 years on a single game to make it look "next gen" and astonishing. No one has that time or budget.
                          Case in point, Red Dead 2. Over 1000 people nearly 10 years. Just not doable.

Comment

It's doable. But not by many, clearly.

You can count the amount of truly 'next-gen' games on one hand, and they are all on (or at least coming to) current gen hardware.

It's going to be at least three years before anything proper next-gen is shown. Console generations might still be a thing but software generations are gone.

Comment

And to be fair, Rockstar could have easily cut a few years and some aspects of the game and it'd arguably be much better for it.

Comment

The first run of games on a new console never look the best. It takes time to learn and develop a truly next gen game.
                                Id be happy at this stage to have current gen games looking a bit better.
                                Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 08-05-2020, 10:07.

Comment

Working...
                                X