Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will try that later.

Comment

Using the Xbox UI is easy! Just come in here and ask how to do things!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        Using the Xbox UI is easy! Just come in here and ask how to do things!
        Hahaha - it really is that easy!

A confusing element for me is that there are multiple ways of viewing the same thing. You've got your homescreen, with your games and apps and stuff on. Then you've got your apps and games section, where they also live. And you've also got the guide, and they're also in there.

Once you're used to it you can zip to what you need quickly, but it's far from ideal. It would really benefit from some drastic simplification.

Comment

A screen for apps, a screen for games and a screen for pins? And an option to choose which one appears first.

Comment

Neither console has a decent UI. Microsoft should never have abandoned the blades from the 360.

Comment

I find the PS4's UI is... a bit ugly but by far the superior of the two. I literally just have to press left and right to select what I want for the most part, it's effectively an uglier version of the PS3 UI. The XBO UI though, well, Pins were always the ultimate expression of failure with it. They pretty much exist solely as an admission by Microsoft that the whole thing is so much of a mess they've given you a function so you can have a go at putting in place a workaround to minimise your need and time using it. Hopefully both systems get a ground up new design but the way MS is with its brand synergy I doubt it.

Comment

I actually like the UI and I like pins and groups. I just wish it wasn't so painfully slow when you've got tonnes of games installed. I've got an 8TB drive attached and it takes an age to load in everything now.

The UI though, as in layout and navigation I've no issue. You can also change the tab order on the guide now as well so it's pretty easy to trim the fat and have it the way you want.

I think the problem is being so used to one UI moving to another is sometimes jarring. I wouldn't say any of the console UI are amazing but it's like switching between android and iOS really. Things aren't in the place you've always looked previously.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                  Neither console has a decent UI. Microsoft should never have abandoned the blades from the 360.
                  The 360 dash was so slow. Got to give credit to NCL on this, their dash is the best on the Switch

Comment

If only there was some way to bypass the GUI and use a natural language interface instead. Maybe a peripheral with built in microphones and a dedicated audio processing unit. Oh....

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                      If only there was some way to bypass the GUI and use a natural language interface instead. Maybe a peripheral with built in microphones and a dedicated audio processing unit. Oh....
                      Kinect voice commands were brilliant and forward-thinking, looking back. Its a shame it wasn't built into the pad

Comment

The Cyberpunk-themed Xbox One X includes an hidden message which is revealed when you shine a UV light on it.

It really is full of cool little touches.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                          It's the time it takes to load up the front end on the XBox that's the biggest issue . When it's loaded up , it's much better and I like the section for players videos and pictures to be much better .
                          There's a simple solution to that, just leave it on sleep mode. You know what, I may do a side by side boot up to show the the PS4 interface isn't all that great. I'm not saying it's bad, far from it but people seem to think it's light years ahead of the Xbox One. I don't agree. Use both an equal amount but always find the Xbox faster and easier to use. On the other hand I love the folder options to store groups of programs on the PS4.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                            The 360 dash was so slow. Got to give credit to NCL on this, their dash is the best on the Switch
                            I would agree there. Its horrid on an original 360.

Comment

I'd be interested to know the actual timings. One of the most notable things when I was on the XBX was how chronically slow the UI was.

Comment

No one use the quick start mode on OneX? Pretty quick that way. Or is that a OneX option not on the OneS?

Comment

Working...
                                X