No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom start up and shut down sounds as well, probably the best special edition ever done.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      No one use the quick start mode on OneX? Pretty quick that way. Or is that a OneX option not on the OneS?
      Mine is in low-power, quick start. That way you can download stuff over the internet through the mobile apps as well as patches and stuff when they are released.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        There's a simple solution to that, just leave it on sleep mode. You know what, I may do a side by side boot up to show the the PS4 interface isn't all that great. I'm not saying it's bad, far from it but people seem to think it's light years ahead of the Xbox One. I don't agree. Use both an equal amount but always find the Xbox faster and easier to use. On the other hand I love the folder options to store groups of programs on the PS4.
        It's still slow and also gets stuck from time to time and hangs quite a lot (something the PS front end doesn't have issues with) I find the Xbox much better for viewing and uploading clips, better for downloads and also so much easier when it comes to syncing your games, when you log in on a different Xbox

The Switch front end is so much better than both. Still, when you got about 3 features to offer on the front end, I guess its much easier

Comment

Am i right in thinking that the downloads on Xbox are now the complete file, so if I download a few games from gamepass to gwt me started, then that runs out, i can buy the disk and that acts essentially as a product key and unlocks the file on the hd as a purchase?

Comment

I'm not terribly excited about the Digital Direct method for redeeming digital content that Xbox has debuted with this console's release. I was planning on selling the included Cyberpunk 2077 code and buying a physical copy and this makes it much more difficult to do so.

And yes, I'm aware of how uncyberpunk-like forfeiting digital in favour of physical is.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              Am i right in thinking that the downloads on Xbox are now the complete file, so if I download a few games from gamepass to gwt me started, then that runs out, i can buy the disk and that acts essentially as a product key and unlocks the file on the hd as a purchase?
              Correct, and the reverse is true as well, i.e., if you have installed a game from a disc and afterwards you get access to a digital licence for it, no download is necessary.

Comment

I didn't know that was the case. That's cool!

I could see myself buying RDR2 down the line, as I bet it'll get pulled from GP before I finish it. Good to know I won't need to bother installing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                  Correct, and the reverse is true as well, i.e., if you have installed a game from a disc and afterwards you get access to a digital licence for it, no download is necessary.
                  Yep unlike the PS4

Also, any BC 360 game bought digitally is automatically added to downloads too. And you don't have to be a Gold/Plus member to save to the Cloud either

Comment

That's a great touch.

Comment

Nice. That saves a whole lot of hassle in a month or two.

Comment

That is wicked. You could buy a digital game, borrow the disc from a mate, install it and then give it back. Could be a lot faster than downloading it if your internet isn't fast enough or you have download caps.

Comment

There are a couple of things done better on Xbox than on PlayStation. Another one of those would be the ability to 'buy to own' games already claimed as part of Games with Gold. To do that on PlayStation, you'd have to let your PlayStation Plus subscription lapse or contact customer support and ask for your existing licence to be revoked.

I've just done the whole Xbox Game Pass Ultimate song and dance. Bought two 12-month Xbox Live Gold codes and had a 3-month one laying around. With the month that can be had for £1.00 when you join for the first time and convert your existing subscriptions, I'm good until October of 2022.

Microsoft has me by the backlog...

Comment

I've just done the whole Xbox Game Pass Ultimate song and dance. Bought two 12-month Xbox Live Gold codes and had a 3-month one laying around. With the month that can be had for £1.00 when you join for the first time and convert your existing subscriptions, I'm good until October of 2022.
                            I didn’t know that was still possible. Quite tempted to jump on board.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              I didn’t know that was still possible. Quite tempted to jump on board.
                              If you've never previously been an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriber, make sure you redeem as many months of Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass as possible (up to a combined total of 36 months) before you join.

Those will convert on a 1:1 ratio. If you redeem any afterwards, the conversion ratio will be much worse (have a look here, it's the last entry of the FAQ).

Comment

Xbox is a really good package these days. If it launched in its current condition it would have kicked ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X