No announcement yet.

SNK NEO GEO MVS Console....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6-slots are kinda unreliable. Mainly because of how large they are and the fact that they have little support between the two boards. If you add some extra legs in they are fine. 4-slots are perfectly reliable in my experience. The FT2 is much smaller than the original one too. It’s only slightly larger than a 2-slot, but still large enough to house an internal PSU.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Thanks for the responses...appreciate them all and certainly have some lively MVS debate !

No. I'm not Shozuki..whoever the heck he/she is ! Show boating what ??? (speedlolita / Zaki Matar)

Went ahead an placed an order for one, and had great comms with the seller...order a black case version - should ship in about 20 days. I'm in no rush for it....We'll see what turns up in the post...

As for building my own...Yes, I certainly could, I've got the experience and knowledge to do it...but when you have a large family to take care of and a business to run, I don't have time / patience to put one together anymore...just want to game-and-go...besides, I can afford it !

Investigating MVS multi-carts....I see there are 161-in-1, 150-in-1, 138-in-1 and 120-in-1 carts available...any experiences of these multi-carts folks can share, here !

Cheers.

Comment

Multi-carts are hit and miss IMO. I’ve had ones where they have odd Mugen-style hacks of KOF titles in the past. Some allow you to hide certain titles, which is a good option. Certain games won’t function correctly. An example is Geese Howard having no audio in SVC. I guess they are a cheap way to try out some of the more expensive titles, but personally, I’d shell out for a NeoSD and just have official games in whatever number suits you.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
          It's £199.06 for just the case with EMS delivery. That is indeed nuts.
          Jesus, that is crazy. The guy is going to loose a lot of custom doing that, especially when he was doing the whole system for that or a little less depending upon when it was bought.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
            Nah - best pad there is.....

**** yeah, battle of the pads I'd also take a Saturn arcade stick (Astro City cabinet parts) over the AES stick any day
            Last edited by Yakumo; 27-06-2018, 06:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              **** yeah, battle of the pads I'd also take a Saturn arcade stick (Astro City cabinet parts) over the AES stick any day
              Apart from the fact that AES joysticks and the Sega Astro City CP both use the same Seimitsu sticks of course.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                Apart from the fact that AES joysticks and the Sega Astro City CP both use the same Seimitsu sticks of course.
                That is true but the button layout and the buttons themselves are also different. I'm more of a fan of three on top and three below. I have short fingers so using an AES stick is areal pain in the arse for me.

Comment

I've looked and looked but could never find one so I've made my own.
                  So here it is. As far as I'm aware this is the first video on YouTube in English that shows how to replace the battery on the Neo Geo MVS MV-1C board.

Comment

Working...
                  X