This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    So Hades has sold 93% of its total sales on PlayStation. This article echos my thoughts.

Edit: reading again its Box sales vs Game pass... Not exactly a direct comparison.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...h=6b96c605a1b2

They get into during this chat, same guy who wrote the Forbes article.

Comment

I'd rather it be digital sales numbers on both sides vs GP downloads.

Its much more risk/reward on GP. You'll get a flat fee and players, but also reduces the need to buy the game on Xbox.

Comment

Yep, I imagine it can be hard for companies to evaluate if they'll make money on Xbox when Game Pass seems to slaughter your sales on the system. Essentially the decision is down to how much MS will offer for Game Pass appearance if your game isn't MTX orientated. Must be hard to pre-emptively guess which of the two options will bring back the most money.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          Yep, I imagine it can be hard for companies to evaluate if they'll make money on Xbox when Game Pass seems to slaughter your sales on the system. Essentially the decision is down to how much MS will offer for Game Pass appearance if your game isn't MTX orientated. Must be hard to pre-emptively guess which of the two options will bring back the most money.
          This is what MS would like, though, when you think about it - to be the kingmaker on their own platform.

GamePass is another way of making them everyone's publisher.

Comment

But it's also going to push developers down the DLC/Loot box root, like mobile gaming, so they can claw back cash.

Comment

Only if MS let them. I imagine they police that extremely strictly, considering how heavily curated Game Pass is.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  Only if MS let them. I imagine they police that extremely strictly, considering how heavily curated Game Pass is.
                  They all already do this, don't they?

Comment

Who already does what? A lot of developers do DLC for games and therefore are incentivised to put them on GP in order to create a bigger addressable market?

If that's what you mean, yeah, you're totally right.

I guess what I had in my head was more the bull**** gem purchasing/lootbox type of DLC. What I meant is that I'm assuming Microsoft will only ever want a limited number of games on GP that offer this type of MTX, since it's hardly a great look to have the service full of them.

Comment

The Titanic Mod for Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven aims to put the RMS Titanic in Mafia - the team is working towards m…

Mafia's Titanic mod is departing the docks after 15 years of development

Comment

SouljaBoy (the rapper that some time ago started a line of consoles that were actually chinese knock-off systems bought from Alibaba and resold) has published a video stating he owns Atari.
                        Wade Rosen, CEO of Atari, disagrees.

Comment

**** me, is he actually mental or something?

Comment

I've never heard about the guy before he started to sell consoles, so maybe (well, scratch the maybe) he's trying to get some attention.
                            Or, who knows, someone sold him "Atari Company Holdings Co.Ltd. Totally Not Fake" and he thinks he's bought Atari, Inc. or Atari SA.

Comment

I've got a bridge available he might be interested in buying...

Comment

You know that's really strange because I own Sony.

Comment

Working...
                                X