Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm doubtful over Elden Ring that it'll warrant the fuss being made about it. The Martin connection is something I couldn't care less about and something about the idea of FROM nailing an open world enthused Souls approach feels... shakey.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      Got to be, hasn't it? It bombed pretty catastrophically. It's not even you see a full price game get reviews that damning these days, even if it does apparently have some redeeming qualities.
      Not just that it bombed, it's simply a bad game. It has redeeming qualities because nothing that expensive could possibly have no redeeming qualities (e.g. just like Sonic 06, the production on the music/cutscenes is fantastic and there's some great visual design at work).

I think this is yet another reason for why we should reject efforts by publishers to market large-scale games as an auteur medium; a video game is a group effort which might be led by an individual, but shouldn't be called their work. It minimises the huge amount of effort undertaken by so many people.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        Not just that it bombed, it's simply a bad game. It has redeeming qualities because nothing that expensive could possibly have no redeeming qualities (e.g. just like Sonic 06, the production on the music/cutscenes is fantastic and there's some great visual design at work).

I think this is yet another reason for why we should reject efforts by publishers to market large-scale games as an auteur medium; a video game is a group effort which might be led by an individual, but shouldn't be called their work. It minimises the huge amount of effort undertaken by so many people.
        So are films, though - would you also reject those as an auteur medium?

Comment

Touhou Castlevania-like Koumajou Remilia: Scarlet Symphony is coming to Steam and Switch. Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            So are films, though - would you also reject those as an auteur medium?
            Gah! I lost a longer reply to this.

The gist of it had to do with production size, i.e. whether a single creator can claim ownership of a huge production, whether that's as meaningful as it is, or just a self-promo/useful marketing thing.

Comment

Comment

Phil just informed me of this very cool extra secret level on tetris effect

Just tried it out on PS4 version and it does work but it's pretty mental you need to also plug in a keyboard to unlock it but once you do it's permanently unlocked. Makes me wonder how the hell anyone found this out in the first place and why it was hidden away as it's soooo good that it's mad that nobody would have gotten to play it if it hadn't been found. Now makes me wonder if there's other levels hidden in the game.

Comment

Waaay too expensive but... hot damn.

Comment

Electronic Arts got hacked, and now the source code for FIFA 2021, the Frostbite engine, and more, are up for sale.
                    Apparently user data is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

It just needs a CRT screen and an FPGA solution installing and it might be worth considering.

Comment

How about it having a decent game, or not having half the players with their buttons BEHIND THE STICKS

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

I can't wait for it to not be available outside North America like the vast majority of Arcade1Up's other products!

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                            I can't wait for it to not be available outside North America like the vast majority of Arcade1Up's other products!
                            Yep. But at least you have a fighting chance of getting it. We have zero chance over here.
                            Wish some bugger would do an Astro City around the size of the Neo Geo mini cabinets. I could fit one of those in to my room with ease.
                            Man, I miss my Astro City. Just to to think it was mint and only cost around 50 quid (10,000yen) back in 1999. Worth a small fortune now. Should have told the wife to do one when I was forced to sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                              Yep. But at least you have a fighting chance of getting it. We have zero chance over here.
                              Dude, that "fighting chance" is highly likely to be paying extortionate import prices for the privilege at best!

Comment

I'm not sure why you guys are so keen - it seems a bit naff to be honest, I'm not sure you're missing much. Much cooler to have an original machine that's been refurbed, like the sort of stuff Escape to 88 does

For me, anyway!

Comment

Working...
                                X