This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    Just a warning to those upgrading their microSD cards: you have to redownload everything - copying from card to card didn't work for me and wasted ~4 hours of my life. FYI.
    Someone on Reddit did this:

I tried it on my Macbook Pro, and after copying the existing data to my laptop, and then sticking my formatted 200GB card in the slot (which I had only needed to format by using the Switch itself), I merged (NOT replaced) the old data files with the new card and what was put on to it from the formatting. Choosing the "replace" option wipes any formatting done to the new card and makes it unreadable by the Switch. I just had to "open" the games that had previously SD-saved data, it would say that missing data needed to be re-downloaded, but for each one it literally only took a second to see that the old data was on the new SD card and it immediately added it back.
    It sounds like the Switch checks the existing files and only downloads what's missing, hence the one-second downloads.

I think what he means by "wipes any formatting done to the new card" is that replacing the entire Nintendo folder with the one from the old card causes trouble, whereas merging it doesn't replace any newer files.

Comment

I didn't replace the newer files in the folder. Everything was showing me that little cloud with an arrow to tell me to download them. Maybe firing up the game would have made it work? I formatted the card again and downloaded everything.

Comment

A breaking story from last night which Eurogamer has now run too: Nintendo will reportedly fix Joy-Cons experiencing "drift" for free - UPDATE: But not in the UK just yet.

Now, according to a report on Vice, Nintendo has told its customer service representatives to stop charging customers who are sending their Joy-Cons in for repair, and to issue refunds to anyone who's paid for previous repairs.

This comes from internal Nintendo documentation provided to Vice by a source "familiar with Nintendo's updated customer support documentation".

"Customers will no longer be requested to provide proof of purchase for Joy-Con repairs," it reads. "Additionally it is not necessary to confirm warranty status. If a customer requests a refund for a previously paid Joy-Con repair [...] confirm the prior repair and then issue a refund."
        UPDATE 3pm BST: It's unknown yet if the instructions to Nintendo's customer service to stop charging customers for their Joy-con repairs have been rolled out globally, as Nintendo UK's customer service doesn't seem to know anything about it.

After contacting the UK service chat, I was told that, “A statement was released by Nintendo of America acknowledging known issues with Nintendo Switch Joy-Con controllers. Our Nintendo UK process remains the same - to provide recommended troubleshooting and advise repair if unsuccessful”.
        Hopefully the US policy will be extended to Europe.
        Last edited by Digfox; 24-07-2019, 20:28.

Comment

Lawsuit is in USA so I bet the rest of us ain’t getting ****e.

Comment

The live chat seems to have disappeared from the Ninty webstore . Edit , they say they are unable to help or advise and suggest going through the regular service department
            Last edited by Junko; 25-07-2019, 10:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
              The live chat seems to have disappeared from the Ninty webstore . Edit , they say they are unable to help or advise and suggest going through the regular service department
              Who will obviously be unable to help or advise.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                Who will obviously be unable to help or advise.
                Just trying to find out any info or help

Comment

New special edition Minnie Mouse Switch for Japan. I like the Joycon colour combo.

Disney Tsum Tsum Festival releases on 10th October in Japan, and Nintendo has announced a special Switch bundle to go a…

Sorry on mobile so can't link to an image.

Comment

They are both coming to the UK as well [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION].

Great reviews for FE Three Houses. It really sounds like my kind of thing, I’m excited to play it!

Comment

The true genius of Joy Cons, there'll be a guy sitting somewhere in a Nintendo office thinking 'hey guys, why don't we slap this blue joy con with that green one we've been selling? Luigi Edition Nintendo Switch!" then gets a huge bonus.

Comment

Neat, that will save me bothering to import them.

Comment

Doom, Doom 2 and Doom 3 have all launched on Switch. If that wasn't enough of a surprise, get this - they are actually really reasonably priced. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...intendo_switch

Edit: False alarm. They are gone! Hope those prices were accurate though. I'd happily replay Doom 3 after all these years.
                          Last edited by Dogg Thang; 26-07-2019, 15:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                            The true genius of Joy Cons, there'll be a guy sitting somewhere in a Nintendo office thinking 'hey guys, why don't we slap this blue joy con with that green one we've been selling? Luigi Edition Nintendo Switch!" then gets a huge bonus.
                            Dude, coloured and SE controllers are as old as consoles are.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              The ‘huge bonus’ is that he gets to leave at 10pm instead of 11 that night.

Comment

Working...
                              X