Possible Cps2 collection coming ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still chuckling at

I didn't take the "Big Capcom Announcement" literally enough.
    (credit)

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Nobody would let the 31st anniversary go without a huge celebration though, right? Maybe they are holding back a big 31 year surprise for that.
      Street Fighter 31st Anniversary Collection.

Digital download only in the West.

Calling. It. Now.
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 18-04-2019, 10:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
        Digital Download only in the West.
        Probably but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get an empty box with a code in it for the Switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Probably but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get an empty box with a code in it for the Switch.
          Nah. That would be pushing the boat out way too far, even for Capcom.

Comment

Still amazed at how much effort they put into the resi 2 remake.

Comment

FB Alpha emulation inside....

Shenanigans are going on with the Capcom Home Arcade and FBAlpha. Lets find out whats up

Comment

Oh hey, I didn’t know that guy at all until a few days ago when he got upset that Nintendo didn’t take kindly to his video on hacking the Switch. Not sure he’s the pinnacle of gaming morality or legality but that video is all I know about the guy.

Comment

The FB Alpha stuff appears to be up in the air going by Twitter stuff I’ve seen!

Comment

The idea of somone being upset that Capcom have somehow crossed the line using an emulator designed to play their games illegally has me in stitches.

How dare they violate the FBA's teams property!

Comment

I don't know if FBA is being used on the sly though, as it's specifically mentioned on the product home page. If they'd slipped it in without asking/telling the dev, they wouldn't be so brazen would they? As I mentioned earlier though, whatever the case including an emulator in this with actual roms runs totally counter to the ethos of emulation.
                      Last edited by endo; 19-04-2019, 09:05.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                        I don't know if FBS is being used on the sly though, as it's specifically mentioned on the product home page. If they'd slipped it in without asking/telling the dev, they wouldn't be so brazen would they? As I mentioned earlier though, whatever the case including an emulator in this with actual roms runs totally counter to the ethos of emulation.
                        @FBalpha twitter account clearly states that FBA has been licenced to Capcom, and a lot of users (and other FBA developers) are questioning how this is legal at all.

Comment

It's certainly a mess, and there seems to be MAME code in Final Burn (before it became Alpha): https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/c...l_with_capcom/

I thought this might mark the end of FBA as a project because no-one will want to contribute to it anymore, but having read some further comments I'm not sure. But it is probable they went with FBA over the easier to license MAME because it is easier to run, i.e. cheaper SOC hardware.
                          Last edited by Digfox; 19-04-2019, 13:21.

Comment

Seems bananas for anyone involved in FB Alpha, a project designed in part to emulate Capcom games and systems (pretty sure without express permission) to object to Capcom then using that emulator themselves to run the games they own. That would be hypocrisy of the highest order.

Comment

You got to admit though the cps 1&2 roms, run amazing well though.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                                This thing is like something from the 1990’s.

Well this is actually from the 90s and a billion times cooler.

There's nothing cool about the Capcom logo turned into a slab of contorted plastic.

PS2 owners got 42 Capcom games if they bought these compilations. There's no excuse to only include a paltry 16 games with this new monstrosity.

This Capcom arcade stick for the SNES is also much more attractive. Maybe more colourful buttons would improve the look.
                                Last edited by Leon Retro; 19-04-2019, 14:24.

Comment

Working...
                                X