Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
    Assault Suit Valken gets two editions by 8BitMods

8BitMods - Retro and modern console games and accessories. Inventors of the MemCard PRO series of PRO grade memory cards.

https://8bitmods.com/assault-suits-v...-pal-for-snes/
    I bet it will be the ****ty western censored version.
    There be no cigs or president shooting him lfnin the head and the ending will be cut.
    Or we could be surprised and actually get the full blown Japanese release.

Comment

From 8BitMod's description:
      "Japanese version of Assault Suits Valken officially localized to English"

It's most probably the excellent port that was made a few months ago in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
        From 8BitMod's description:
        "Japanese version of Assault Suits Valken officially localized to English"

It's most probably the excellent port that was made a few months ago in Japan.
        Nope. It's the SNES/SFC original. It's getting the repro-cart treatment.

No plans for a physical version of "Declassified" on the Switch at this time.

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 04-10-2023, 05:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
          Nope. It's the SNES/SFC original. It's getting the repro-cart treatment.

No plans for a physical version of "Declassified" on the Switch at this time.

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2...eissue-on-snes
          But it seems by all accounts that it’s the SFC original, not SNES original (Cybernator). That’s an important distinction.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
            But it seems by all accounts that it’s the SFC original, not SNES original (Cybernator). That’s an important distinction.
            Technically you're correct, but it isn't really all that important a distinction in the here and now.

The censorship and aesthetic gaps between Cybernator and ASV have long since been bridged so to my mind they might as well be the same game now. On top of that, the upcoming repro will be made available in SNES (NTSC-U) cart form as well as SNES (PAL) and SFC (NTSC-J) cart form so again there really isn't that much of a marked difference in the here and now.

Comment

Technically you're correct, but it isn't really all that important a distinction in the here and now.

The censorship and aesthetic gaps between Cybernator and ASV have long since been bridged so to my mind they might as well be the same game now. On top of that, the upcoming repro will be made available in SNES (NTSC-U) cart form as well as SNES (PAL) and SFC (NTSC-J) cart form so again there really isn't that much of a marked difference in the here and now.
              I’m sorry but I don’t get your argument… if I wanted to buy a SNES cart right now then my options would be Cybernator USA/PAL (censored/nerfed) and Assault Suits Valken SFC (in Japanese). The Retro-Bit release is the Japanese version in all its glory with English text in-game which is a big plus for me over a simple repro of ASV in Japanese or repros of Cybernator. Hence why I remarked it is an important distinction to make (to me at least, albeit clearly not to you).

Comment

I’m sorry but I don’t get your argument… if I wanted to buy a SNES cart right now then my options would be Cybernator USA/PAL (censored/nerfed) and Assault Suits Valken SFC (in Japanese). The Retro-Bit release is the Japanese version in all its glory with English text in-game which is a big plus for me over a simple repro of ASV in Japanese or repros of Cybernator. Hence why I remarked it is an important distinction to make (to me at least, albeit clearly not to you).
                Not trying to be funny, but my argument is perfectly clear.

On a pure point of pedantry, you've pointed out that ASV is Japanese and Cybernator is western - not sure why, but well done, we all knew that.

My point is that, to my mind, there is no difference between the two now since there isn't really any discernible difference in the content given the work done to uncensor Cybernator and bring it in line with ASV. Whether you can buy uncensored Cybernator officially is neither here nor there. The fact remains that it was eventually uncensored unofficially. Only the name differs at this point.

Quite simple to grasp.

Comment

Whether you can buy uncensored Cybernator officially is neither here nor there.
                  Oh but it does matter - and was the point I was trying to make in the first place. This is the first time a translation of the Jp version has been released officially on cartridge. At least as far as I am aware - feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

As an aside it is possible to respond without being condescending. My intention was not to start a flame war, it was merely understand your point better.

Edit: I also had no idea there was a hack which added all the stuff back in to Cybernator. I don’t really use emulation or Everdrives and play mostly original hardware save for the odd NSWO back catalogue. Not an elitist thing - it’s just how I roll. Carts and a big old CRT.
                  Last edited by samanosuke; 05-10-2023, 18:09.

Comment

Oh but it does matter - and was the point I was trying to make in the first place. This is the first time a translation of the Jp version has been released officially on cartridge. At least as far as I am aware - feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I am sure you will.

As an aside it is possible to respond without being condescending. My intention was not to start a flame war, it was merely understand your point better.
                    Sorry, I don't agree that it matters at all. ASV got fan-translated aeons ago and people knew about it. People also knew that Cybernator got the same treatment, albeit unofficially, to bring it up to parity with ASV. This wasn't ever top-secret. If anything, an official repro of one or the other was only a matter if time in this era of independent physical publishing. It was inevitable IMO. It just happened to be ASV when it could've easily been Cybernator. Again, there is no discernible difference between them in my opinion. My points still stand in my eyes.

We'll have to agree to disagree and digress.

Also, maybe check your own responses if you don't want condescending replies going forward and I say that respectfully.
                    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 05-10-2023, 18:11.

Comment

On my weekly search of releases i have found 3 games that are on amazon uk as regular releases for anyone that doesn't want to deal with limited run/iam8bit/fangamer and the additional import/shipping costs.

Switch physicals of.....

Bombrush cyberfunk

TMNT shredders revenge with the additional dlc.

world of horror

That's all till i spot anything else of interest

Comment

Oh but it does matter - and was the point I was trying to make in the first place. This is the first time a translation of the Jp version has been released officially on cartridge. At least as far as I am aware - feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Edit: I also had no idea there was a hack which added all the stuff back in to Cybernator. I don’t really use emulation or Everdrives and play mostly original hardware save for the odd NSWO back catalogue. Not an elitist thing - it’s just how I roll. Carts and a big old CRT.
                        The last few pages of posts gave me that warm Fuzzy glow of NTSC UK, its been a long time since Ive seen pedantry and elitism about a releases and its correct Name/Version for quite some years now. makes me all misty eyed

Do you by chance know anything about the Capcom cps changer, its a system I've been meaning to get into.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post

Do you by chance know anything about the Capcom cps changer, its a system I've been meaning to get into.
                          There's only one person who could possibly fill you in on all things CPS Changer (as far as he is concerned), but you would have to #JoinTheElite...

Comment

its the ultimate borders down put down for when someones getting a bit up themselves,

you could also use

"you don't know someone really until you have skated with them"

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                              "you don't know someone really until you have skated with them"

Comment

I've just had a bunch of e-mails from Strictly Limited about a load of games delayed until Spring 2024

Those they've contacted me about are:

Snow Princess Sayuki
                                Eschatos
                                Mecharitz & Dezatopia
                                Steel Empire

What a pain

Comment

Working...
                                X