No announcement yet.

Let's Get Physical (Physical)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ray'z as well, though to a more generic "early 2024".

Comment

Snap! I had updates for all of these this morning too, all with the very (not) specific and re-assuring "Spring 2024" update.

For Snow Battle Princess Sayuki, the development unfortunately needed more time to finalize and test the ROM.
      or Dezatopia & Mecha Ritz we unfortunately screwed up and underestimated the production timing.
      For Eschatos we unfortunately screwed up and underestimated the production timing.
      For Shinobi non Grata, we unfortunately needed more time for the development and QA of the ROM.
      For Steel Empire Chronicles, the development unfortunately needed more time to finalize and test the ROM.
      But whaddya know, they did manage to get another note out earlier this week with details of the games on the 3rd Irem Collection release.
      • Dragon Breed (Arcade M-81)
      • Battle Chopper (Arcade M-72)
      • Mr. HELI no Daibōken (Arcade M-72)
      • Mr. HELI no Daibōken (PC Engine)
      • Mystic Riders (Arcade M-92)
      • Mahou Keibitai Ganhooki (Arcade M-92)

Comment

"Q1 2024" is the best that LRG can do for the physical release of Radiant Silvergun (announced and put up for pre-order A WHOLE YEAR AGO) that only needed to have extra audio included in it.

The whole thing is a f-----g farce.

Comment

The Shinobi Non Grata excuse doesn't quite add up, the game is already available on digital storefronts, I've encountered just one glitch but it's stable and playable, unless they added stuff to it.

Comment

Limited Run!!! More like "Excessively long sit down with a cup of tea some biscuits and maybe a nap" its not as catchy but it more reflects the snail pace they operate at.

Comment

I'm glad i gave up ordering from LRG it's a joke. If there is a physical from them that i simply MUST own i just patiently wait till it appears on ebay from a reseller i don't care if it has a £20 markup i refuse to have money held hostage anymore for a year plus if you are lucky especially when they are rushing time & time again to devote resources to releasing utter Z grade shovelware trash. Stretching themselves thinner & thinner i have a feeling they will keep doing this till they eventually fold.

3 stooges, jurassic park and the latest release a 3DO turd, plumbers don't wear ties which they are going all out on, because it's become a youtube meme game and giving it a lavish collector edition. Meanwhile games that really deserve a physical are ignored for crap like that instead.

I mean really? who asked for 3 stooges it's literally the crap that ended up in the landfill.
              Last edited by importaku; 14-10-2023, 15:27.

Comment

The three stooges thing is weird as you can get a CIB original copy off ebay for the same price with no year wait. Its also a release then never made it to PAL territory's on the NES as its very US centric show and never did well over here. I can imagine Angry video game nerd loving this re-release as he seems to be all over these sort of games.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                  The three stooges thing is weird as you can get a CIB original copy off ebay for the same price with no year wait. Its also a release then never made it to PAL territory's on the NES as its very US centric show and never did well over here. I can imagine Angry video game nerd loving this re-release as he seems to be all over these sort of games.
                  Avgn has already done this one. It may have been part of his Christmas special.

Comment

The biggest con, beyond all the shovelware, was the “port” of Night Trap for the GBA which proudly proclaimed “Night Trap is on a playable cartridge for Gameboy Advance. This is an open pre-order for a limited time.” And then you read the small print to discover it’s just a movie that plays all the scenes in sequence, not a playable game after all (use of “playable” in the loosest sense when describing the original release!)

Comment

There was a similar set for the PS4 before across a number of discs, but this version of the Annapurna Collection from iam8bit is now containing more games (ones in bold ones below are also appearing on physical for the first time) and contained entirely on a single Switch cart. Worth noting though that you don't have Wattam, Outer Wilds, or Telling Lies from the PS4 set though.
                      • Donut County
                      • Gorogoa
                      • Hindsight
                      • I Am Dead
                      • If Found...
                      • Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition
                      • Neon White
                      • Sayonara Wild Hearts
                      • Solar Ash
                      • The Artful Escape
                      • The Pathless
                      • What Remains of Edith Finch

Comment

$200? Wow. I'm kind of impressed if they all fit on a cart without an additional download though.

Comment

Think part of that $200 is because they will be using one of the more expensive higher capacity switch carts. I'm very tempted as it's got a lot of titles i'm interested in.

I already adore sayonara wild hearts,

Comment

$5.55 for "route shipping protection" and $73.99 for shipping & customs to the UK; $279.53 all in. I know for... reasons.

Comment

It's worded weirdly but it seems like special reserve games might be shutting shop, if anyones got anything outstanding might be time to start chasing things up. They seem to be committed to getting everything shipped out but i'm guessing they wont be taking any more projects on now. Just glad i got all my outstanding orders.

Comment

My first thought was wow are they still going? Buts it’s a different Special Reserve! Not the ubiquitous adverts in 90s gaming mags mail order firm.

Comment

Working...
                                X