Xbox Game Pass (Xbox / PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    You can make all the effort in the world and they still don't work on a controller (and I'd wager there about 6 people who plug in a MKB into their XBox) - the experience is always horribly horrible - some games just work better on PC.

Gears Tactics is NOT an RTS, it's a turn based strategy game.
    Yeah I know Tactics is turn based but it's a good example of how they made the controls work pretty well on current consoles and it also released 6-9 months after PC to give it extra time to do so.

I don't think there's any doubt PC is where its at for RTS but it can be ported to consoles snd controller input with some level of success.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      HW2 works just fine on controller, some actions can be done quicker on controller, some quicker on m&k.

We don’t need Starcraft2 world champ meta levels of control here.

Again, the console has m&k support so thats no excuse.
      Sounds more like salty tears - people would be complaining that they need to use a MKB on console, so there's no win there. HW2 works horribly horribly with a controller IMO - the biggest issue of all with console RTS is to make them work effectively, you need the quick hot-keying and even with the ultimate control design, this simply does not work with controllers, just as games like Planet Coaster and City Skylines don't either, you just end up with radial menus (eugh) or multiple button modifiers (eugh) or a combination of both (double eugh).

It's eating soup with a fork.
      Last edited by MartyG; 20-10-2021, 09:45.

Comment

I give up.

Comment

Some new Game Pass titles for November 2021

November 2nd

Minecraft: Java and Bedrock Editions -- PC
          Unpacking -- Console, cloud, PC

November 4th

It Takes Two -- Console, cloud, PC
          Kill It With Fire -- Console, cloud, PC

November 9th

Football Manager 22 -- PC
          Football Manager 22: Xbox Edition -- Console, cloud, PC
          Forza Horizon 5 -- Console, cloud, PC

November 11th

GTA San Andreas - The Definitive Edition -- Console
          One Step from Eden -- Console, PC

Comment

That's a killer month... and then of course next month there's Halo.

Really eager to play It Takes Two with the wife. I've heard great things about it and nearly bought it a few months back.

Comment

First impressions on gamepass for pc are pretty favorable not sure why certain titles are omitted maybe its to not canabalise their sales on PC but not sure their is any evidence for that so its a baffellng and a bit annoying as i really wanted to play Deaths Door but that's console only exclusive.

I'm reminded of why i hate PC gaming, of the three games ive tried so far all of them have required a fair bit of fiddling to get them balanced right between graphical fidelity and framerate. but hey ho thats not a gamepass issue thats just how pc gaming is. if anything its making me seriously consider picking up a series s just for game-pass as a secondary system to my PS5.
              Last edited by Lebowski; 11-11-2021, 12:05.

Comment

Death's Door is fantastic but it isn't in game pass on console either. You have to pay for it old school, but it's worth it.

There's always been a bit of disparity between game pass on PC and Console but it has improved a lot over the past 6 months.

Personally my PC is so under powered I don't use it for gaming but you can tell looking at the releases recently they're improving it all the time. I still think it's fair to say an Xbox Series console is the best place to experience game pass though...

As for picking up a Series S. This is exactly what I ended up doing for my study. It was either spend £££ on a PC upgrade or just use rewards and grab a Series S and that option won out easily.

The only downside to that is limited SSD space but it's workable.
                Last edited by nonny; 11-11-2021, 09:37.

Comment

Dunno if it's spec dependent. I only use GP PC for first party stuff and with the exception of some tweaking for FH5 MS's benchmarking auto-selection has typically been pretty on the money

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    Dunno if it's spec dependent. I only use GP PC for first party stuff and with the exception of some tweaking for FH5 MS's benchmarking auto-selection has typically been pretty on the money
                    I think it was more that the games i tried took a fair bit of messing, Forza took an age to start and had me run a benchmark race which was pretty easy to do just time consuming. The next game i tried was sable which is notoriously buggy and i wasn't sure if it was my gaming laptop struggling with it or the settings being wrong it wasn't either its just a buggy badly optimized game Its just so easy to start tinkering with pc games though and messing about in a way you cant do on consoles.

Comment

Unpacking is quite fun - if you enjoying moving house, this house-em-up has your back.

Comment

Download this for my partner. She was loving it until certain items just flashed constantly and the levels wouldn’t end so she couldn’t be bothered and gave up, seemed glitched, shame.

Comment

This will help matters on PC

Comment

That will be a good development. MS has been slowly lowering its restrictions and security tightness on games because presumably the piracy hit is minimal and not worth the offset in issues and complaints the current set up attracts.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              Download this for my partner. She was loving it until certain items just flashed constantly and the levels wouldn’t end so she couldn’t be bothered and gave up, seemed glitched, shame.
                              The items are flashing because they're in the wrong place, nothing glitched about it - just not a very good organiser

Comment

Ha. Na, she spent a good 30 mins reorganising it all and they wouldn’t go anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X