No announcement yet.

Death Stranding (Kojima Productions) PS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve held off patiently for a PS5 version - so I guess it will soon be time to see what all the fuss is about.

In fact Ive held off on a lot of games lately… not a fan of double dipping, if I can help it.

I didn’t even know who the main protagonist was, even the reveal at the end of PT, was lost on me (I had never watched Walking Dead until recently). NOW, I understand what the fuss about him is all about

I’m looking forward to this directors cut version.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      Poor Kojima. I can see why he'd need a Director's Cut after those merciless restrictions from the suits at *checks fact sheet* Kojima Productions. When do we get the "First Editor's Recommended Cut"?
      I'm waiting on the Snyder Cut.

Comment

Glad we've cleared that up.

Comment

$9.99 for the upgrade with save game compatibility. Think I'll go for it since I really don't want to have to sit through the story cutscenes again but do need to finish the roads and I want to hang out with the robot pal.

Comment

So I just walk from here to over there?
            Yep
            With all this **** on my back?
            Yep
            If I fall over I lose half of it, even if I'm meters from the finish line?
            You know it
            Can I explore any buildings on the way at least?
            Not really
            OK, but I get some cool combat or something right?
            Nope

So I just walk and fall over?
            Great right?!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              So I just walk from here to over there? - You don't have to walk
              Yep
              With all this **** on my back?
              Yep
              If I fall over I lose half of it, even if I'm meters from the finish line? - No
              You know it
              Can I explore any buildings on the way at least? - If you want
              Not really
              OK, but I get some cool combat or something right? - Indeed you do
              Nope

So I just walk and fall over?
              Great right?!
              Not sure if just being humorous or if you think the above is correct, so just in case...

That's not all you do. The game you describe would be rubbish!

You also:

Rebuild roads
              Get to drive vehicles
              Fight monsters
              Fight an army of undead soldiers
              Get robbed by scavengers and have to fight them to get your cargo back using a huge array of weapons and gadgetry
              Deliver pizza, and it must't get cold or damaged

Last edited by Brad; 12-07-2021, 12:52.

Comment

Also, the on foot locomotion in this game is a world away from the walking in other games. It is a true walking simulator in that you are very carefully picking a path and planning a hike and adapting to changing conditions. If you are falling over and losing all your stuffa lot, you really aren't engaging with what's there enough.

I did get annoyed at one point when I got ambushed by monsters and had to fight them off in a river and my cargo floated away out to sea, lost forever. HOWEVER, once you realise that everything you do in most games is trivial nonsense that is just there to distract you from the fact that you are born just to wait for death and if you're playing a game your time isn't really all that precious in the grand scheme of things, having to repeat a failed delivery in an extremely deliberately crafted game, learning from your mistakes and getting better at the game is actually Quite Fun.

Comment

I think it was a pile of old ****e to be honest

Comment

You're entitled to not enjoy it! People like different things. I just wanted to let anyone reading know that there was a lot more to the game than what you described.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                      Also, the on foot locomotion in this game is a world away from the walking in other games. It is a true walking simulator in that you are very carefully picking a path and planning a hike and adapting to changing conditions. If you are falling over and losing all your stuffa lot, you really aren't engaging with what's there enough.

I did get annoyed at one point when I got ambushed by monsters and had to fight them off in a river and my cargo floated away out to sea, lost forever. HOWEVER, once you realise that everything you do in most games is trivial nonsense that is just there to distract you from the fact that you are born just to wait for death and if you're playing a game your time isn't really all that precious in the grand scheme of things, having to repeat a failed delivery in an extremely deliberately crafted game, learning from your mistakes and getting better at the game is actually Quite Fun.
                      Great post.

I really need to go back to this game, as I bounced off it relatively fast, but I loved the movement of the main character. The way that walking is an actual mechanic is genius.

Comment

I see Kojima is saying this director's cut isn't a director's cut... Ok glad that's cleared up!!

Comment

I found it completely tedious and paying £20 for it was too much - I can't see a director's cut changing it fundametally or make it worth paying £70 for.

More power to you if you got more out of it than I did - don't shoot me, but I find Kojima overated - think a lot of his work was so he could enjoy watching animated boobs

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                            HOWEVER, once you realise that everything you do in most games is trivial nonsense that is just there to distract you from the fact that you are born just to wait for death and if you're playing a game your time isn't really all that precious in the grand scheme of things
                            I'd have been all over this if I was still living in the middle of a concrete jungle. I think that's why aimlessly wondering around Skyrim may have lost some of its appeal since moving back to a rural location.

Imagine living in the Scottish Highlands while also trying to enjoy this game.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post

Glad we've cleared that up.
                              He's called it "Director's Cut" because that was the most movie-like name he could think of for some DLC? Despite the fact that he doesn't like the term and thinks it's irrelevant here?

Makes sense.

Comment

Sony own the Death Stranding IP so they will have named the game Director’s Cut, in line with Ghosts of Tsushima and more than likely TLOU Part 2. Kojima is talking about how he doesn’t think it should be named that as he had complete creative control with Death Stranding, everything he wanted in there was there to start. This content is being newly developed and is new content.

Comment

Working...
                                X