Next Gen Advent Calendar II: Playstation 5 Release Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

04 Days Till Playstation 5

With the continued support of PSNow and PSVR in additio to near complete PS4 software compatibility the PS5 is more backward compatible than had been feared.

What non-PS Plus Collection games are you looking forward to playing on your new system?

Comment

Probably No Man's Sky to see the improvements. Its a game that would really benefit from a hardware upgrade.
      I want to see Witcher 3 as well, but again once the update drops.

Comment

Dark Souls 3 running at 60FPS. Mainly because I'm currently playing through it. Apparently locked at 30FPS on Series X.

Comment

I'm intrigued to see if Judgment gets a 60fps bump.

Seeing footage on Digital Foundry of Killzone Shadowfall running at 60fps makes me want to play that again.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
            Dark Souls 3 running at 60FPS. Mainly because I'm currently playing through it. Apparently locked at 30FPS on Series X.
            Is it not frame rate locked on PS then? Plus is this the original or remastered?

To be honest I've not checked on Xbox.

Comment

Yeah unlocked on PS5. Source

However, Bloodborne locked at 30FPS.

Original. Only DS1 was remastered.
              Last edited by hudson; 15-11-2020, 11:51.

Comment

Ah I thought you said Dark Souls... I missed the 3 entirely!

Comment

It's largely backlog stuff other than one or two replays for me so likely things that won't benefit tons beyond loading times:

-Gran Turismo Sport
                  -Yakuza 3: Remastered
                  -Yakuza 4: Remastered
                  -Yakuza 5: Remastered
                  -Fist of the North Star: Forbidden Paradise
                  -Lego Dimensions
                  etc
                  Last edited by Neon Ignition; 15-11-2020, 16:27.

Comment

I have Demon Souls on the way, but I am yet to play Dark Souls Remastered, so I am hoping I will be pleasantly surprised playing it on the PS5, once I’ve had enough of the new Demon Souls.

I also, want to finish Resident Evil 7, so playing that on PS5 will be interesting.

In this brief lull I have, whilst waiting for the PS5 release, I’ve just finished Outer Worlds and randomly decided to finish The Order 1885. My word, this game looks incredible, considering it’s a 5+ year old game. It may not play great, but looks on par with the latter releases on the PS4.

Comment

03 Days Till Playstation 5

The dying days of the PS3 also proved to be the dying days of the Littlebigplanet series and yet at the dawn of the PS5's launch he rises again free from the level creation approach of the original games and in spite of his more modern rival Astro coming included with the system itself.

Will you be picking up Sackboy and if not, why not?

Comment

3 days!!
                        No I won't be getting sackboy, I really never got on with LBP and I don't think hes a good character. It's probably good as a platformer as long as he doesn't feel as floaty as LBP.

Comment

Sackboy seems like the kind of game you'll find for bargain bin prices in a few months. Its not interesting enough for me to shell out for at full price but perhaps further down the line when its a bit cheaper.

Comment

I gotta say, it's Monday and I'm getting excited for you lot waiting patiently... Nearly there!

Comment

I really want Sackboy, looks fun and the reviews etc have been decent, just not sure I want to shell out £60 for it, you just know the price will drop for this shortly or I will just buy a used copy.

Comment

Definitely not. I seem to have bought and played practically every LBP for some reason, and as platformers they’ve always been really poor. The floatiness, that’s what gets me. Now, granted, I didn’t make any levels, which is the main point of the earlier games. But it doesn’t inspire confidence for this entry.

Comment

Working...
                                X