No announcement yet.

Next Gen Advent Calendar II: Playstation 5 Release Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My word, this daily countdown just gets me excited... I think it’s the fact we are all sharing this countdown to something we are all looking forward to, makes it even more exciting... it’s like Christmas, as a child

Comment

I think we will need a Cyberpunk countdown after this...

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        What non-PS Plus Collection games are you looking forward to playing on your new system?
        TLoU2. Looking forward to picking up on my second play-through. Even thought there's no game boost the little controller touches can only add to it. And maybe some PSVR faves if there's any improvements going on.

Will you be buying Spider-Man: Remastered?
        Yes. I was just playing it when the remaster was announced so thought I'd wait for the definitive version.

Which of the Collections games are you most focused on downloading?
        God of War first and foremost. I hardly touched it on PS4 as in my heart I wanted a trad GoW game and didn't give the new approach much of a chance. It also worked the fans so hard I thought it was going to break the system. Then Days Gone. Never got round to getting it but it sound like it's grown into something special so I'll definitely be giving it a go.

Comment

I have to say, there are still quite a few PS4 games I’ve yet to play, so the PS5 would give me more reason to explore the existing PS4 catalogue.

Some worthy of note are -

Ghosts of Tsushima
          The Last of Us 2
          Resident Evil 7
          Fist of the North Star, Lost Paradise
          Mortal Shell
          Control

Last edited by 112; 17-11-2020, 10:34.

Comment

Games im most looking forward too

Cyberpunk 2077, just hope the PS5 update isnt too far away.
            Ratchet & Clank.
            God of War Ragnorok, love the PS4 one, hope it builds on that.
            Gran Tourismo 7, but only if its a full on proper game like the first few were and it doesnt feature all the irratating hipster nonsense that Forza Horizon is riddled with.
            Horizon Zero Dawn 2, i just hope the PS4 version doesnt hold it back.
            Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2, this is a long, long way off but cant wait to see what Square do with it.

Arguably the most exciting factor is that most of the above, baring FF7 Remake, are hopefully not all that far off.
            Last edited by gambit6613; 17-11-2020, 12:00.

Comment

I'm hoping for an update to FFVIIr Part one! I havent played it yet and would love to see some PS5 enhancements.

Thursday I'll be jumping between Astro, Fist of the North Star and Miles Morales though. I think Astro might receive the bulk of my play time initially. I just hope it gets delivered in the morning. I have to return some stuff to work in the afternoon.

Comment

The big PS4 titles that I'm looking forward to playing are Death Stranding and TLOU2.

The former I got a short way into then bounced off. I really want to get back to it as I'd just gotten the bike. Does anyone know if save files will transfer?

The latter I haven't touched, as I thought I'd just hold off to play on PS5. I'm not the biggest TLOU fan, but I'm still keen to play this one.

Comment

Ratchet and Clank for me. After I've completed Spider-man and sackboy I'm going to play through Ratchet on ps collection again

Comment

Who is looking forward to feeling like gravel is flowing through their controller?

Any minute now...

Comment

01 Day till Playstation 5

Arguably the only real next-gen game launching this year, this remake of a PS3 game is still not a full blooded holder of that title but it is a visually strong yet niche title holding the torch for the arrival of next-gen gaming: Demon's Souls

Is Sony right to lean on this game at launch and will you be prioritising this dark adventure?

Comment

Graphically they are absolutely right to us DS as the PS5 poster child. It's stunning to look at!

Not sure it's a game to shift mega-units but it doesn't need to. It's more a statement of intent.

Comment

TOMORROW!!

I think it's become the poster child but I don't think it's Sony that pushed that. It's just a good looking game and it stands out from the launch games. It's quite a niche game but it's a strong one for Sony to have up its sleave.
                          I've got it sitting on my desk next to me right now ready to go. Although the graphics helped, I actually got it because I like the souls games and I know I'll play through it more then once with different builds.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            Graphically they are absolutely right to us DS as the PS5 poster child. It's stunning to look at!

Not sure it's a game to shift mega-units but it doesn't need to. It's more a statement of intent.
                            I think it really shows what Bluepoint can do and whilst I don't it's the right genre to be a system seller it's definitely a statement of what we should expect from other developers.

The main thing I think it has going against it is that horrific £70 asking price. If it was £50 you might be swayed more but £70 is a tough sell for me. I know Sony is trying to justify that price hike and said it won't go any higher but right out of the gate it's a bitter pill to swallowm

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                              I think it really shows what Bluepoint can do and whilst I don't it's the right genre to be a system seller it's definitely a statement of what we should expect from other developers.

The main thing I think it has going against it is that horrific £70 asking price. If it was £50 you might be swayed more but £70 is a tough sell for me. I know Sony is trying to justify that price hike and said it won't go any higher but right out of the gate it's a bitter pill to swallowm
                              Yeah, I read that Jim Ryan interview. They can shove those prices where the sun don't shine.

Comment

I only bought this for £70 because I take souls games slow and I'm likely to get a good 50hours out of it, plus multiple play throughs. Would I spend £70 on a one off play through game? No.

Comment

Working...
                                X