This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    You never know but I'd read some peeps speculating Super Mario Party 2 might be announced soon and it feels more like this update leans to that not being the case and SMP is now another 'evergreen' series to add to the pile
    If that's the case, here's hoping that Nintendo re-up the game + Joy-Con bundle.
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 27-04-2021, 13:33.

Comment

I'm actually surprised they've been so reserved with SMP, I'm so used to getting 3-4 per gen. I think MP10 and SMP are the only ones I haven't tried to some extent but SMP always came across as less characterful for some reason. I did like the idea of the vids where Switches were placed together for some mini-games

Comment

Who makes them now is it Nintendo themselves as it used to be Hudson that made them in the past as a collaboration thing.

It would be cool if they made a Mario party where it’s a mix of real board game but it had amiibo cards that you’d draw from a pile and scan into your switch to choose the mini games/effects I bit like how the e-reader version worked.
        Last edited by importaku; 27-04-2021, 14:05.

Comment

Did anyone else see that free 99 lives thing on the switch news channel section for captain toad?, I have the captain toad channel subscribed to and there was a thing that if you put in your cart and clicked the button on the news page it would start up your game and add 99 lives. I have never seen this done before on any switch game till now.

Comment

On the topic of Nintendo board games, I'm probably in the minority but I would be absolutely over the moon if there was a new English language Itadaki/Fortune/Boom Street announced for the Switch.

Me and my mates played that into the ground on the Wii. We all lived together at the time and on a lazy day after a big night out, there was nothing better than firing that bad boy up for a solid 5+ hours of Monopoly-style fun. A seriously great board game.

Mario Party I've never really gotten on with. It also feels a little bit too random and shallow, and the games are too short. The setup in principle is great, but it's always somewhat underwhelming in practise. I've never put much time into one. The WiiU entry was especially poor.

Comment

Mario party’s main flaw is the ending where you can be in first place and the game starts handing out star awards that can totally screw you over the same as that hot garbage event that swaps your entire star count with another player. Especially rage inducing when you have spent the best part of an hour playing a long game and the cpu cheats the hell out of everything.

Closest thing to itadaki street is momotaro dentetsu games, while not exact they share the same monopoly style mechanics. I have the switch version ordered just waiting for rtype final 2 to be shipped then I can get everything posted off together.
              Last edited by importaku; 27-04-2021, 14:52.

Comment

Interesting, thanks for the tip. I vaguely recall seeing the Momotaro Dentetsu box art before but I didn't know what it was. Looks like it might be a bit of a struggle for a group of people without a shred of Japanese between them though :/

Comment

Just a heads up it’s pretty brutal if you don't know the basics of how it works and there a LOT of kanji. I have only ever played the ds versions and there’s a good chunk of the more subtle rules that go over my head. The advantage with the switch version is you can play online against strangers so I have been led to believe. Not sure how that works for continuing a game though as you can save and resume a online game. I’ll most likely be playing against the cheating cpu as Japanese players would destroy me.

If I have time at some point I may do a quick start guide to the basics.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    Did anyone else see that free 99 lives thing on the switch news channel section for captain toad?, I have the captain toad channel subscribed to and there was a thing that if you put in your cart and clicked the button on the news page it would start up your game and add 99 lives. I have never seen this done before on any switch game till now.
                    Breath of the Wild did that a few times with items.

Comment

I never knew that, it's pretty neat that nintendo can use the news page like that.

Found another game i want that is just quietly sneaking out, i swear 3rd party stuff is getting pretty big now in volume. More and more devs are putting stuff out. Since switch is destroying everything in japan they want to get their stuff on switch i have already seen quite a few ds games been reworked for the switch and bundled into compilations.

The one i spotted that took my fancy is a simple minigame arcade budget title called obake no shatekiya, shateki is a festival game where you use cork powered guns to knock down small prizes that you then get to keep. From the screenshots it looks fun and it's pretty cheap plus it has yokai in so it's already won me over lol. Based on an arcade game.

for 4000 yen i'm not going to say no

Managed to find a video of the arcade, hmm wonder if i can get Andy at arcade club to get one in hehe
                      Last edited by importaku; 27-04-2021, 19:33.

Comment

Override is 298yen on the eShop as part of the Golden Week sale.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                          Breath of the Wild did that a few times with items.
                          You could also claim ARMS badges by liking their news posts.

Comment

The amazing mind warping puzzle game manifold garden is getting a physical release in japan on switch & ps4 already have it on ps4 but in digital form. Going to double dip and get it on switch too preorder already in, out may 20th.

Comment

That obake no shatekiya looks pretty fun great @importaku. You're a mine of information on this quirky shiz. What other upcoming cheapo Japan-only left-field weirdness would you recommend?
                              Last edited by Golgo; 28-04-2021, 19:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                                That obake no shatekiya looks pretty fun great @importaku. You're a mine of information on this quirky shiz. What other upcoming cheapo Japan-only left-field weirdness would you recommend?
                                Haven't seen too much yet but i have only started browsing the switch section on amazon j more frequently now for about a week or so, but as i come across quirky stuff i'll post it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X