This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Builder Garage:
    "Stop moaning that we only release a decent, official game every six months and make you own bloody games, if it's so easy."

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      New game builder garage trailer just dropped it's basically the jp trailer in english.

Looking forward to messing around with this it's been so long since we had something like this mario maker is kind of not the same as you were always limited to what you could do. This is closer to warioware diy as you can design your own graphics.
      That's an absolute masterclass in UI/UX design. You can tell from that video that building the games is probably going to be more fun than playing them. I wish the software I'm forced to use for 60 hours a week was like that.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
        No stick drift would be nice.
        I actually sent my launch Switch's joycons to Nintendo a few weeks back and got one fixed, the other replaced. No charge, which is really the way it should be, considering.

Comment

I can't see me upgrading to new Switch (I only quite recently got the last 'stealth' upgrade one, with slightly better battery), as long as the announced games are compatible with base model. I'm assuming there will be some actual games announced, right?

Comment

Making it not run Switch games or have games incompatible with the existing models would be the dictionary definition of dumb. This is a DSi equivalent/New 3DS. Frankly, unless the behind the scenes components are the sole driving cost the idea of replacing the existing model at all is insane if the rrp is higher given how huge its current sales are. Hardware revisions are only useful if you need a sales booster or components are going out of manufacture, this Pro is deadset to disappoint Era.

Comment

I agree in principle but both DSi and New 3DS had a small number of exclusive games. It was pretty pointless in the end but they did have them. So if the New Switch has exclusives, my assumption is that once again they’ll be very few in number and not especially worthwhile.

Comment

Yep, maybe something to showcase it has some extra power like how the 3DS couldn't run Xenoblade Chronicles. Loads seem to be expecting a lot from BOTW2 but personally I think the final game would also probably run on WiiU if Nintendo wanted it to.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                  I actually sent my launch Switch's joycons to Nintendo a few weeks back and got one fixed, the other replaced. No charge, which is really the way it should be, considering.
                  Meanwhile, in Japan…

Comment

On Era there's a supposed leak being discussed (can't link atm) which apparently states the specs of the New Nintendo Switch:

-Same size machine as the standard model
                    -OLED screen with almost no bezel
                    -Uses the same Joycons as standard model
                    -Surface device style flap for holding it up during tabletop play
                    -Micro SD slot behind the flap
                    -Dock is slightly thicker with 2 USB 3 slots
                    -4K TV output
                    -EU release in November

No information about graphical power

Comment

All sounds pretty plausible.

I wonder if they will issue it in any interesting colours.

Comment

I just saw someone say imagine how peeved EU people would be waiting an extra 2 months for BOTW2 on Switch Pro. It's absolutely insane to me that people are can still be so naive about how Nintendo operate and what this system actually is.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          I just saw someone say imagine how peeved EU people would be waiting an extra 2 months for BOTW2 on Switch Pro. It's absolutely insane to me that people are can still be so naive about how Nintendo operate and what this system actually is.
                          What does the EU have to do with anything? I'm not following.

Comment

He means that people on Era think that this machine is a full generational upgrade for which BOTW2 will be an exclusive. And because Europe is rumoured to be getting the machine 2 months later than the US, Europeans will be upset that they get BOTW2 2 months later. I think.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              because Europe is rumoured to be getting the machine 2 months later than the US
                              That's the bit I was missing

Comment

Like the olden days

Comment

Working...
                                X