This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    On Era there's a supposed leak being discussed (can't link atm) which apparently states the specs of the New Nintendo Switch:

-Same size machine as the standard model
    -OLED screen with almost no bezel
    -Uses the same Joycons as standard model
    -Surface device style flap for holding it up during tabletop play
    -Micro SD slot behind the flap
    -Dock is slightly thicker with 2 USB 3 slots
    -4K TV output
    -EU release in November

No information about graphical power
    Yay same joy cons... How wonderful.

Comment

I'll be getting the Jimmy Savile edition, myself.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
        Yay same joy cons... How wonderful.
        Mmm...drifty...

Comment

Didn't even think of this before, but really hoping a new dock doesn't mean the new console won't work with old ones. Have been quite on board with the idea of an upgraded unit provided I can still use the old dock on a secondary setup.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            Didn't even think of this before, but really hoping a new dock doesn't mean the new console won't work with old ones. Have been quite on board with the idea of an upgraded unit provided I can still use the old dock on a secondary setup.
            You'd hope not but this is Nintendo we're talking about. I know a mate of mine swears by the Genki covert dock which is a universal charger unit so I'd figure that's bound to work with any new unit.

Plus there's also those kits that let you rip out the internals of the current dock and stick them in a more universal 3d printed stand.

If it is the same dimensions as the current unit and just less bezels for a bigger screen then you're hope that means it's compatible...

Comment

Apparently it's still speculated that the 2D DK game is real so if that's the case it seems this year would rest on that, Pokemon and BOTW2. Hopefully, they announce the Pro soon, my thirst for the disappointment that will flow through Era is strong now

Comment

Hold hands with me and let's hope Metroid Prime 4 will be shown some day by liking this post.

Comment

I'm still hoping they don't announce a minor hardware revision. Can't...justify...the...expense...

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                    I'm still hoping they don't announce a minor hardware revision. Can't...justify...the...expense...
                    Wouldn't really call 7", OLED and DLSS minor!
                    Last edited by Nico87; 29-05-2021, 16:17.

Comment

Apparently it's still speculated that the 2D DK game is real so if that's the case it seems this year would rest on that, Pokemon and BOTW2. Hopefully, they announce the Pro soon, my thirst for the disappointment that will flow through Era is strong now
                      Their rage and disappointment sustains me, let it flow!

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                        None of those things matter to me, which is probably why I feel the way I do. If there are games that can only run on it that I want to play, I'll get one.

Comment

The 7" is the main thing I'd say, OLED is nice but I've never taken issue with the picture of the existing screen. DLSS, as big of a fan as I am of it, will be a bit like having the option of playing a better running version of Wolfenstein's port. Personally, I don't think we're going to see it used to herald an influx of previously unported games exclusively to the new model barring maybe in the initial window. Especially when it's porting to a system with an immediate playerbase of zero, a theoretical userbase cap because it's not Switch 2 and most of the games people want are titles from brands of companies who just aren't interested in Nintendo platforms full stop. Once again Nintendo's evergreens will stunt software.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                            I would.

None of them change the fact that the "Switch Pro" will still essentially be running off of a mobile chipset.

Comment

If I'm right... and I'm probably not, wouldn't DLSS essentially allow the Switch Pro to say play a port of a Switch game at a consistent 30fps/60fps/resolution when the standard Switch couldn't... but you couldn't really use it to port a game the standard hardware fundamentally isn't up to the task of running?

Like, it could ensure Breath of the Wild 2 runs at 60fps/4K but you can't use it to boost performance so a port of Horizon would run?

Comment

If I'm right... and I'm probably not, wouldn't DLSS essentially allow the Switch Pro to say play a port of a Switch game at a consistent 30fps/60fps/resolution when the standard Switch couldn't... but you couldn't really use it to port a game the standard hardware fundamentally isn't up to the task of running?
                                DLSS needs to support the games, as the filter is AI-based and has to be trained to do its magic. This could be added via new firmwares, the same way nVidia are doing with driver releases for their discrete GPUs.
                                [edit] Or via game patches, to avoid firmware sizes getting huge.
                                Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 29-05-2021, 21:51.

Comment

Working...
                                X