This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
    They don't have to sell more than the previous two combined to increase their market share. A lot of the time it was the same people buying the console and the handheld, they weren't getting into twice the amount of homes by releasing two devices.

Releasing two consoles means two lots of research and development teams, two lots of marketing, two lots of game development. If you only need to do all that stuff once, you can sell less units than the two combined, but make more money. Why do everything twice when you don't have to? It makes perfect sense to have a combined platform,
    I made this point a month or two ago. It seems to have been forgotten.

Fanboys take number of consoles sold as the be all and end all, whereas for Nintendo, its profits.

Comment

Yep, it was never that Nintendo had to sell a bazillion units to be a success, just that the early figures the system accomplished didn't guarantee it was a successful platform for the company simply by virtue of outpacing the WiiU alone and selling merely a reasonable figure.

I'm sure they're making a mint simply on folding their portable software houses into their console ones and then having both release sod all
      They've certainly put an end to the dream that two limitedly provided for systems being combined would lead to one system with a steady supply of new content.

Comment

Hori's accessibility controller/hub, very similar to what Microsfot did a few years ago for the X Box One.

2020年11月4日(水曜日)テクノツール株式会社さんが、Nintendo Switch (TVモードのみ)とWindows10/8.1パソコンの両方に対応したゲーム用インターフェイスFlex Controller(フレックス・コントローラー)の発売をオンラインショップat-mallで開始されました。 ↑ ↑ ↑

Comment

My Switch lite keeps losing the plot with the micro SD card. I’ve tried the card in my Mac mini and it seems ok no errors that I can see. I put it back in the Switch it duly formats it then I re-download all the games again. It’s done this twice already. Generally how are loading times off external storage on the Switch? Some stuff seems to take yonks to get going.

Comment

hmm thats odd behaviour indeed, maybe it's starting to go bad or possibly a fake card?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
              My Switch lite keeps losing the plot with the micro SD card. I’ve tried the card in my Mac mini and it seems ok no errors that I can see. I put it back in the Switch it duly formats it then I re-download all the games again. It’s done this twice already. Generally how are loading times off external storage on the Switch? Some stuff seems to take yonks to get going.
              I had this. It was a fake card from bloody Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                If importaku and Jaz are right, one way to test this on your Mac is to copy stuff up to the maximum capacity of the SD card. If it’s fake, the copying will fail at some point.

First, format the SD card using the official SD card formatting software(Windows and Mac):

Then copy files to it and see how it goes. Even if it’s not fake, it might just be a bit faulty.

Regarding game loading speed: I play most of my games from the SD card but I copied Zelda BOTW to internal storage. It’s a bit quicker during loading(a few seconds, really) but it depends on how good the SD card is. My wife was dying and reloading save games a lot so all that time saved meant more time available for cooking, cleaning, etc.

Apparently the Switch’s onboard storage is very fast, though. For example, there’s some slowdown in Zelda Link’s Awakening when you enter an area. It doesn’t happen(or happens only briefly) if it’s installed on internal memory, but we get it with the cartridge version and people who install it on SD also have that issue.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                  Hori's accessibility controller/hub, very similar to what Microsfot did a few years ago for the X Box One.

http://sam-eatlab.blog.jp/archives/24177949.html
                  Interesting! It says docked mode only, but I’m sure it would work with a USB-C OTG cable. It also says you can’t use it to resume from sleep, which is like my Mayflash Magic NS. No NFC, rumble, etc, but I guess that’s expected.

Comment

Thanks for the advice lads. I hope it isn’t a fake card or Argos have been had by an iffy supplier. I’ll try it again in the Mac. May as well grab a new card today and see how that goes.

Comment

Sam & Max: Save the World Remastered is coming to NS and PC on 02 December 2020

Comment

My Game and Watch has been dispatched!

Comment

Using the Musou-Poosou calculator that means Hyrule Warriors is a solid 3/10 then.
                          Honestly, different strokes for different folks but no matter how many I try of this type of game they all feel like they're horrid to play with fan service or large numbers of characters on screen creating a get of free jail card for weak combat gameplay. The first game was dull as hell and this one being sold largely on the strength of BOTW's terrible story does it no favours. Hopefully Switch's 2021 offerings are much better than 2020's

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                            Please post impressions when you get it. I have zero need for one but man I am tempted.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                              Snap, yesterday from nintendo uk store and my other from amazon jp today.

Comment

Working...
                              X