X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect - cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      Not sure if you want to wait / pay more, but if so there's a physical version of Grindstone coming, posted more about it over here.

Quick question: does anyone know how moving Switch data from one SD card to another works? Can I just stick one into my computer, copy everything to a new one, and it'll behave ok in the (same) Switch? I know that was the case with the 3DS. Just went to download something yesterday and realised I've ran out of space...
      I moved everything over via PC but the Switch wouldn't recognise it. I think someone else had better luck.

Comment

Somewhat embarrassing but Ring Fit Adventure just murdered me. I was ****ed after just 20 minutes. I knew I'd lost a lot of my stamina but man... I went into this expecting to do an hour lol.

I think 30 minutes a day to start of with is a good starting point.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
          Somewhat embarrassing but Ring Fit Adventure just murdered me. I was ****ed after just 20 minutes. I knew I'd lost a lot of my stamina but man... I went into this expecting to do an hour lol.

I think 30 minutes a day to start of with is a good starting point.
          Enjoyable though?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
            Enjoyable though?
            Yes! I like the way they've incorporated exercises into an RPG. I actually went back to an earlier level at the end of my session and blitzed through it by running at a much faster pace, just as a challenge/for XP.

I'm knackered but it left a good first impression

Comment

I bought Ring Fit earlier in the year. Absolutely killed me and made me realise just how unfit I actually was. Doing it daily my stamina improved quickly day by day though. But for some reason I flaked off it like a big failure I should get back to it as I get practically zero exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                I bought Ring Fit earlier in the year. Absolutely killed me and made me realise just how unfit I actually was. Doing it daily my stamina improved quickly day by day though. But for some reason I flaked off it like a big failure I should get back to it as I get practically zero exercise.
                That's my hope, and to combine it with some better eating habits to drop a few pounds.

Comment

I wonder if I could lose some weight using ring fit. It sounds great. Is there a lot of content?

Comment

I wonder if I could lose some weight using ring fit. It sounds great. Is there a lot of content?
                    It's 35 hours long according to HowLongToBeat (70 for 100%) which I'm assuming is for the RPG side of it, so pretty beefy considering you probably won't play it for more than 30-60 minutes a day. You can also do the exercises separately but I haven't looked into that yet.

-edit-
                    There's a quickplay mode where you can do sets and challenges and also a rhythm game mode which I wasn't ware of/now want to try. Plenty to keep you going after the main story has been beat.
                    Last edited by Cepp; 28-12-2020, 19:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                      It's 35 hours long according to HowLongToBeat (70 for 100%) which I'm assuming is for the RPG side of it, so pretty beefy considering you probably won't play it for more than 30-60 minutes a day. You can also do the exercises separately but I haven't looked into that yet.

-edit-
                      There's a quickplay mode where you can do sets and challenges and also a rhythm game mode which I wasn't ware of/now want to try. Plenty to keep you going after the main story has been beat.

Thanks. I've ordered it.

One last question. I have severely drifty joycon sitcks. Do I need to buy new ones or are the stick not used?

Comment

Thanks. I've ordered it.

One last question. I have severely drifty joycon sitcks. Do I need to buy new ones or are the stick not used?
                        No worries. It uses motion controls but you can also use the sticks to navigate in menus. Might be worth seeing how manageable it is before ordering new ones though.

Comment

Just a heads up on joycon drift for [MENTION=4957]hudson[/MENTION] and everyone else. I don’t think it works in every case and, for me, has been a temporary fix each time but electrical contact cleaner under the rubber of the sticks has really helped me. You just lift the rubber parts with tweezers or whatever, squirt in a tiny amount and roll the stick around for a bit and then leave to dry. It has really helped me, at least for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Just a heads up on joycon drift for @hudson and everyone else. I don’t think it works in every case and, for me, has been a temporary fix each time but electrical contact cleaner under the rubber of the sticks has really helped me. You just lift the rubber parts with tweezers or whatever, squirt in a tiny amount and roll the stick around for a bit and then leave to dry. It has really helped me, at least for a while.
                            Cheers. I've just given that a whirl. Worth a shot.

Comment

I can confirm that Ring Fit isn't affected by drift. I use defective joycons when I play it

EDIT: Just to update; I have a defective pair from a while back, and I exclusively use these for RFA, and it's never caused problems. If your drift is exceptional it might make the menus hard to navigate but it'd have to be REALLY bad.

I can also confirm that [MENTION=6808]Cepp[/MENTION] is right in theory, but it's 35 hours if you literally speedrun it from start to end. You can redo levels as much as you want; I actually spend each session redoing levels and save new levels for the end, and I'm at well over 30 hours and less than halfway through.
                              Last edited by Asura; 28-12-2020, 21:33.

Comment

My drift was too severe. I'd forgotten how bad due to swapping them out for Hori attachments. My joycons immediately push up on their own, so on OS my switch goes to the profile icons. I've gone and bought new ones now. 70 quidonga *gulp.

Comment

Working...
                                X