This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post

Also dived in headfirst at the deep end with Capcom Arcade Stadium, but honestly? Pack 3 is the one to get excited about: Tenchi wo Kurau 2, 19XX, Giga Wing, Progear, Hyper Fighting and Super Turbo? That's the ticket.
    I dunno. I like the look of Pack 2. Carrier Air Wing/US Navy having never been ported is worth the ticket alone.

DLC pack prices are a disgrace tho.

Comment

Project Triangle Strategy, Legend of Mana, and Skyward Sword for me. Although I'll wait for the latter to be discounted as I'm not keen on paying full price. I've got MHRise pre-ordered already.

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      Your honestly trying to compare Nintendos output to Sony?
      I can't figure out who you're offended on behalf of.

Comment

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, to be honest mostly just because it stands as the only entry I haven't actually finished so its timing is good and it'll be nice to finally clock this one. No More Heroes 3 looked pretty weak visually in the video but it feels rude not to. Monster Hunter: Rise is very nice looking, not sure how much interest I have to play another entry at the moment but it looks well made. Mario Golf looked pretty naff, the series always looks and feels half baked. Otherwise, and given this gave dates through till August... it's looking pretty bad for new releases but good for clearing the backlog again this year. As always, marked more by what it missing than what's there.

Side notes - No time for the glut of JRPGS, massive meh at boob-bait Smash DLC character choice, still no Galaxy 2.

Comment

I checked to see what japan was getting to see if there were any ones releasing that didn't come to the west. JACKPOT they only went and made a crayon shin chan boku no natsuyasumi game, just looking at it gives off boku natsu vibes seeing as millenium kitchen no longer make these types of games this is as close as i'm gonna get. Totally looking forward to getting this one it's very me.

Crayon Shin-chan "Ora and Dr. Summer Vacation" -A Seven-Day Trip That Never Ends-

Oh and probably famicom detective club that one was a total surprise, own those 2 on famicom mini on gba but they were too hard going in japanese. This time i stand a chance of properly understanding them my japanese only gets me so far.
          Last edited by importaku; 17-02-2021, 22:49.

Comment

Second side note - Splatoon 3 was interesting just to actually see a Switch first party sequel to a Switch game, even if I'm only in it for the single player adventure at this point and it looked...less appealing than the previous two.

Third side note - First major Direct in a year and half and the absence of major Switch first/second party titles is deafening at this point. As discussed before, it feels we can put to bed the idea that Nintendo's pipeline is in any danger of improving now they have just one system to plan for.

Comment

Considering this is the first direct in over a year , I was hoping for some megaton announcements

Comment

Not gonna lie - a small part of me is glad that Nintendo didn't opt to go the Ocarina/Majora/WW/Twilight route yet again.

I wouldn't be surprised if Splatoon 3 arrives earlier than BOTW2...and by that i mean arrive late in 2021 instead of 2022 as they've said. I mean, everybody knows that Splatoon 2 is basically Splatoon 1.5 DLC. What exactly is Splatoon 3 gonna offer that is vastly different this time around to warrant long dev time?

Comment

Seems my guess of shin chan boku no natsu yasumi was totally bang on it's directed by Kaz Ayabe the same director who made the original boku natsu games.

Comment

Hmmm, all in all, I think there were disappointing absences but a few good titles there.
                    Last edited by Asura; 18-02-2021, 07:15.

Comment

I agree with Neon, after a year and a half of silence this is what we get? A void of first party titles.
                      It's pretty poor. Compared to what MS and Sony have announced and released in the same space of time. Nintendo are riding hard on nostalgia and ports.

Comment

What I found odd is that when initially announced wasn't it for games due the first half of this year?

Was there then a realisation that "oh, we haven't got much!" so they decided to chuck a few late '21 / early '22 games in there too?

Comment

I did laugh when they wheeled Eiji Aonuma out, just to troll. Get ready for Zelda just kidding we have nothing to tell you at this time but enjoy some paid dlc byeeeeeee.

There's still a lot of stuff already released that i haven't picked up on switch so i'm still fine with the anaemic release schedule as it gives me chance to catch up a little when i purchase a few more piles of switch games, add in the fact that the shin chan boku natsu game coming in summer that's me with something to look forward to.

Comment

I was happy enough with it. I mean there was only new game announced for this year that I'm interested in but there's still Mario 3D World to get through and Pokemon Snap, plus games from other systems.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              I checked to see what japan was getting to see if there were any ones releasing that didn't come to the west. JACKPOT they only went and made a crayon shin chan boku no natsuyasumi game, just looking at it gives off boku natsu vibes seeing as millenium kitchen no longer make these types of games this is as close as i'm gonna get. Totally looking forward to getting this one it's very me.

Crayon Shin-chan "Ora and Dr. Summer Vacation" -A Seven-Day Trip That Never Ends-

Oh and probably famicom detective club that one was a total surprise, own those 2 on famicom mini on gba but they were too hard going in japanese. This time i stand a chance of properly understanding them my japanese only gets me so far.
                              What is Crayon Shin-chan all about? It looks lovely.

Comment

That Crayon Shin Chan game looks like a licensed take on Boku no Natsuyasumi. My guess is it will consist of different minigames?

Comment

Working...
                                X