Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayonetta Origins: Cereza And The Lost Demon. Nothing special, but I like the art direction and doesn't need a particularly high level of attention.

Comment

F-Zero 99. Sheer perfection.

Comment

Bit of a slump at the moment. Lacking any real drive to play anything really

A couple of chapters of FFVII Remake, a few rounds of F-Zero 99. That's about it.

Comment

Switch - Pikmin 4
          PC - Street Fighter VI
          Deck - Max Payne 3
          Series X - The Maquette

Comment

I've been on a good Darius appreciation week this week. Playing the likes of Darius Cozmic Collection, G-Darius HD, Dariusburst CS Core and Dariusburst AC EX+. These games are wonderful. The Dariusbursts especially. The amount of content, the amazing music, plus the free play element allowing you fully discover the game. Special stuff.

Comment

Switching between Starfield and AC: Odyssey

Both very similar and yet very different

Comment

Replayed Portal 2 with the VR add on, redid a lot of the rooms with the jump pads - epic fun flying about.
                Picked up Separate Ways add on for Resi 4.

Comment

Shinobi Non Grata on Switch and Gradius V on PS2. I alwasy played the Japanese version of Gradius V, so I was surprised when options are called multiple in the US. Why am I playing the US version? I don't know, I just want to.

Comment

Samba de amigo party central hasn't left my switch since i got it. For as bad as the wii version controlled the switch release is the opposite. Controlling is so easy to do now plus they have added in a ton of new dance movements as well as tracing lines like rhythm game mai mai it means there's a ton of variety in how each song plays including the roulette note that activates some condition to try screw you up or pull you into a mini game. Thankfully you can turn that off if you don't want them in your song.

As someone who is really into rhythm games it's got a meaty challenge some of the songs are brutally hard, so far played online a few time where you face off in an elimination battle against 19 others managed to get 2nd place on my first go but theres a random element as everyone has powerups that can screw you over and send you right to the bottom mario kart style. Song list is full of bangers, a lot of variety but i bought both dlc packs to add in even more as with rhythm games the more songs the better, Never expected to see baka mitai from yakuza in there or the collaboration of good time by Carly rae jepsten/owl city. Love the fact some of the original samba tracks made it back but not too many but there's some really good latin stuff like Azukita.

sega did a brilliant job with this one, amigo has never looked as good. A literal crapton of costumes & other fun stuff to unlock as you level up there's a lot of incentive to keep me going like taiko manages to do i hope sega keep releasing music pack dlc to keep it interesting although with the 40 on the cart plus the extra handful by dlc there's already enough to stop it getting too boring.
                    Last edited by importaku; 24-09-2023, 14:50.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      Samba de amigo party central hasn't left my switch since i got it. For as bad as the wii version controlled the switch release is the opposite. Controlling is so easy to do now plus they have added in a ton of new dance movements as well as tracing lines like rhythm game mai mai it means there's a ton of variety in how each song plays including the roulette note that activates some condition to try screw you up or pull you into a mini game. Thankfully you can turn that off if you don't want them in your song.

As someone who is really into rhythm games it's got a meaty challenge some of the songs are brutally hard, so far played online a few time where you face off in an elimination battle against 19 others managed to get 2nd place on my first go but theres a random element as everyone has powerups that can screw you over and send you right to the bottom mario kart style. Song list is full of bangers, a lot of variety but i bought both dlc packs to add in even more as with rhythm games the more songs the better, Never expected to see baka mitai from yakuza in there or the collaboration of good time by Carly rae jepsten/owl city. Love the fact some of the original samba tracks made it back but not too many but there's some really good latin stuff like Azukita.

sega did a brilliant job with this one, amigo has never looked as good. A literal carpton of costumes & other fun stuff to unlock as you level up there's a lot of incentive to keep me going like taiko manages to do i hope sega keep releasing music pack dlc to keep it interesting although with the 40 on the cart plus the extra handful by dlc there's already enough to stop it getting too boring.
                      As someone who has never played the series, would this be decent to pick up as a game me and the kids could play? Is there at least easy modes etc?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                        As someone who has never played the series, would this be decent to pick up as a game me and the kids could play? Is there at least easy modes etc?
                        The lowest difficulty is normal mode there is no easy mode, however there is various modes to help you out & there is a practise mode as well although a lot of the songs on normal are pretty easy. The controls this time have been made loose enough to allow mistakes to still register as in for the tracing parts as long as you activate the motion at the right time the game is not super fussy on what direction you are moving the joycon.

If you are curious there is a demo that has 2 songs that you can try on the eshop it will allow you to try out the joycon controls & see how you do as well as seeing what normal difficulty is like.

Comment

NS - Pikmin 4
                          PC - Bomb Rush Cyberpunk
                          Deck - Max Payne 3
                          Series X - Ravenloft & Payday 3

Comment

This game is so old now it’s hard to know whether to post it here or in the retro forum, but I had a hankering to replay the Uncharted series and kicked off with Drakes Fortune today. And I did the whole thing. My wife was away on a photoshoot and I had the house to myself, so nothing distracted me from romping through it apart from the dog needing out or fed.

Enjoyed the play through as always, but I just don’t think it runs as well on PS4 as it does on PS3, which I remember thinking back when the PS4 collection was released. Couldn’t be bothered to hook up the PS3 though and to be honest I struggle with DS3 pads now. Will move on to the second game next week if the opportunity arises!

Comment

So basically your wife is a model and you get to play games all day. You’re living the dream.

Comment

Ha! No. My wife is a make up artist.

Comment

Working...
                                X