Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Persona 5 Royal , why did no one tell me how fantastic it is !

Comment

Deck - Max Payne 3
      PC - Starfield
      XSX - Ravenlock
      Quest 3 - Pistol Whip

And working through some short retro stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
        Persona 5 Royal , why did no one tell me how fantastic it is !
        It's in my top 5 of all time rpg's, i absolutely loved the story, the characters & the world it's set in. The story twists & turns all over the place, people complain it's too long but i was having so much fun i easily passed the 100 hour mark without feeling like it was dragging my play file is past 200 hours now. Persona 6 has a very high bar to pass when it finally is made.

In other news finally gotten the last 2 trophies i needed to do for all of them in samba de amigo, seems the last hidden trophy was for getting to the very top of the online battle ranking pyramid & getting super star rank. Just last handful of items in the customisation shop to buy and that's everything but i'm far from done with it as more DLC is dropping this month.

Comment

Mostly Pikmin 3.

Comment

Going into the weekend:

Xbox Series X - Ravenlock
            PC - Starfield
            PlayStation 5 - Spider-Man 2
            Deck - Max Payne 3
            Switch - Super Mario Bros. Wonder, Sonic Superstars
            Quest 3 - Pistol Whip

Over stretched but a couple of these are now getting later in the game so hopefully will clear things down soon.

Comment

I got Disney Illusion Island from the library and played it through in 5 days. It was a fun little game.

Comment

Finally finished Assassin's Creed: Odyssey after about 100hrs or so. Damn it's a big game. The core loop is obviously Far Cry/Ghost Recon but I gotta admit this is my kind of jam. Somehow I get sucked in to infiltrating and killing a big fort. When you get your chain assassination skill upgraded its very cool (very much like the mark and execute from Splinter Cell and sync shot from Ghost Recon).

It did start to get tiresome towards the end not going to lie and I didn't finish all of Fate of Atlantis, I needed a break.

Anyway as I mentioned before Kassandra was great to play some of the dialogue was great and I enjoyed the very rudimentary story though the modern day bit never seemed to get resolved (very weird, they still manage to completely make the modern day bits after the Desmond arc just not interesting in the slightest). They really did butcher this aspect of the series with AC3 after such a promising premise in 1 and 2 (I include the other Ezio games with 2 in this regard).

A nice year or so break and I'll be ready to tackle Valhalla (I will wait for an 80% ultimate edition sale similar to what I paid for Odyssey)

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                  Finally finished Assassin's Creed: Odyssey after about 100hrs or so. Damn it's a big game. The core loop is obviously Far Cry/Ghost Recon but I gotta admit this is my kind of jam. Somehow I get sucked in to infiltrating and killing a big fort. When you get your chain assassination skill upgraded its very cool (very much like the mark and execute from Splinter Cell and sync shot from Ghost Recon).

It did start to get tiresome towards the end not going to lie and I didn't finish all of Fate of Atlantis, I needed a break.

Anyway as I mentioned before Kassandra was great to play some of the dialogue was great and I enjoyed the very rudimentary story though the modern day bit never seemed to get resolved (very weird, they still manage to completely make the modern day bits after the Desmond arc just not interesting in the slightest). They really did butcher this aspect of the series with AC3 after such a promising premise in 1 and 2 (I include the other Ezio games with 2 in this regard).

A nice year or so break and I'll be ready to tackle Valhalla (I will wait for an 80% ultimate edition sale similar to what I paid for Odyssey)
                  The most recent AC game Ive played is part 2. Has it managed to get to anything like the fluidity of the Hitman series? With the early games it seemed very tough to actually stealth assassinate, it was so easy to get discovered and i just couldn’t be bothered in the end. So I maybe got a stealth kill a couple times (unlike Hitman where that’s all I ever did/Silent Assassin ranks).

Comment

It's almost a million lightyears from Hitman these days, one of the big dividers Origins onward is the series full deep dive into being a Witcher copy which they only now seem to be breaking from again.

Xbox Series X - Ravenlok
                    PC - Gylt
                    PlayStation 5 - Spider-Man 2
                    Deck - FEAR 2
                    Switch - Super Mario Bros. Wonder, Sonic Superstars
                    Quest 3 - Pistol Whip

Some progress made at the expense of some other titles. Very likely to prioritise wrapping up Sonic Superstars next.

Comment

Originally posted by egparadigm View Post
                      The most recent AC game Ive played is part 2. Has it managed to get to anything like the fluidity of the Hitman series? With the early games it seemed very tough to actually stealth assassinate, it was so easy to get discovered and i just couldn’t be bothered in the end. So I maybe got a stealth kill a couple times (unlike Hitman where that’s all I ever did/Silent Assassin ranks).
                      The new AC games are essentially action rpgs nowadays, though supposedly the new one Mirage is back to the stealth assassination from the early days. I'd give Unity a go from the 'old style' games, the stealth and assassination was pretty cool and the Paris setting is amazing.

Comment

Finally sat down today & played a session of world of horror, it has a steep learning curve with so many options & stats but my goodness is it fun & super creepy. Tried out the tutorial mission first to get the hang of it then went to the proper missions. Managed to get lucky and beat my first proper playthrough but this ones gonna keep me coming back for a long time thanks to the randomisation there's so much to see & unlock and things you can only do if you unlock other events or perks or you have the correct stats.

Really does feel like playing an interactive Junji Ito manga.

Comment

Bayonetta 3. A shocking mess of a game. Two hours played and I think I'm done.
                          Last edited by Golgo; 30-10-2023, 19:49.

Comment

I struggled with B3 after the first two. I know Platinum are passionate about the series but I'm at a point where I feel three games is enough now.

Comment

Absolutely loved Bayo 1 but bounced off both sequels

Comment

Never even tried Bayo 3. Bayo 2 was disappointing enough. There is really no comparison between the first and second games.

Comment

Working...
                                X