X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    Do you now!
    I'm not down with the cool kids, but I'm assuming that edging is the thrill of onanism on a cliff edge?

Comment

It's actually simply the act of reading Edge magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        It's actually simply the act of reading Edge magazine.
        I'm stupid enough to believe that and start saying it to fit in.

I'd look really silly in front of all my dogging friends!

I'd never be able to walk my dog with them again!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            I'd look really silly in front of all my dogging friends!
            What are you implying here?

Comment

Oooh, a bit more Resident Evil 2, but it did it's usual thing where you get the key to open the door to get the lever to open the route to get the new zone to get the crank then go back to the first room to use the crank to open the door to oh balls, it's 1am again.

Mr. X has appeared and he's a right bloody pain, isn't he?

He has a habit of appearing when is least convenient like on a narrow corridor with zombies either side of you or in a prison full of zombie prisoners blocking the way!

I got that unlock DLC and I love it!
              Spent a bit of time just running around introducing those shuffling basts to my minigun.
              I'm not using it for the core game, but doing a bit of slaughter then reloading the last save and going back to the stock kit.

I called it quits and went to bed when I reached the sewer and was eaten by a crocodile.

Comment

Now that taiko no tatsujins monthly online contests have officially ended (you can still battle online but no longer can unlock the monthly songs) i have been giving some of my other rhythm games some attention as i haven't put many hours into some of them. Now focusing on the switch version of muse dash, really nice game gives you an obscene amount of songs to play through plus the art & whole feel is really well polished. With only 2 buttons to learn it gets surprisingly complex on the harder songs.

Sat on most of lunch break at work perfecting this total bop on hard mode.

Comment

With all those rhythm games, you must be an amazing dancer, [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION]!

More Resi 2 for me. I couldn't tell you how much is rehashed and how much is new, but apart from the Police Station lobby, I don't remember anything!

The Ada section was definitely new, but also bloody tense, especially when the game won't just let you chill and hack at your leisure!

Can't wait to do a speedrun with the bloody minigun and make zombie Swiss cheese.

Comment

Going into the weekend:

PS5: Guardians of the Galaxy - I've moved about six feet in this so far this week

XSX: Forza Horizon 5 - Circled away from it and all the way back around just to hoover up some last objectives before I call it a day

PC: Alan Wake Remastered - Not booted it up yet so hopefully will soon

RG355: Donkey Kong Country 3 - A lot of progress made across the trilogy this week

Comment

More Resi 2 for me. I couldn't tell you how much is rehashed and how much is new, but apart from the Police Station lobby, I don't remember anything!

The Ada section was definitely new, but also bloody tense, especially when the game won't just let you chill and hack at your leisure!
                      The alternative section for the Claire Redfield walkthrough is even more fantastic, in my view, so try to make sure you experience that.

After raving about first imps of the Doom Eternal DLC, this week I have been mostly rage quitting. It's too fecking hard for my synapses, even on normal. The addition of enemies that buff other enemies to absurd degrees, and which can only be killed in a brief window with the slowest weapon in the game, is bordering on trolling. There's quite a lot of this kind of thing in the DLC - enemies that only react to a certain weapon type on a certain part of the body - and given the speed/intensity of the game that leaves me fumbling at the controls and swearing up a storm. Anyway, I'm submitting a formal rage quit notice on this DLC and pretending it never happened and that the campaign ended with the glorious base game.
                      Last edited by Golgo; 14-01-2022, 09:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                        The alternative section for the Claire Redfield walkthrough is even more fantastic, in my view, so try to make sure you experience that.
                        Yeah, I loved this factor. Deffo worth playing both scenarios.

After raving about first imps of the Doom Eternal DLC, this week I have been mostly rage quitting. It's too fecking hard for my synapses, even on normal. The addition of enemies that buff other enemies to absurd degrees, and which can only be killed in a brief window with the slowest weapon in the game, is bordering on trolling. There's quite a lot of this kind of thing in the DLC - enemies that only react to a certain weapon type on a certain part of the body - and given the speed/intensity of the game that leaves me fumbling at the controls and swearing up a storm. Anyway, I'm submitting a formal rage quit notice on this DLC and pretending it never happened and that the campaign ended with the glorious base game.
                        I found the main game tough but I loved it enough to battle through and finish, but by the time the dlc hit I was no longer match fit and it kicked my ass good and proper. Never went back.

Comment

With all those rhythm games, you must be an amazing dancer, [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION]!

Can't wait to do a speedrun with the bloody minigun and make zombie Swiss cheese.
                          I used to be really good at playing dance dance revolution in my 20's/30's but as i got older my health has gone down the toilet so i no longer have the stamina to play like a madman like i used to do. I'm average at most genres of gaming but rhythm games i seem to be naturally good at them, some i find easier than others but if i put the time in i end up been able to play on the harder modes. Apart from the odd stint when i was at arcade club trying out dancerush stardom just to see what it was like & playing the less frantic dance evolution where you flail around to jpop i tend to just play music games that don't require footwork.

Comment

I know you'd played a few at Arcade Club and love Taiko no Tatsujin etc. so it's not just about having rhythm, it's knowing the game systems and scoring mechanics.

I've not played one for ages, but it's such a fun genre. I keep thinking about getting the PS4 Guitar Hero bundle.

I pushed on and completed Resident Evil 2 for the first scenario.
                            Wow, what a great game! Thanks for the suggestion in the bargains thread, gang.
                            These games have always been a bit nonsensical, but if you switch off a bit of logic, they're great fun.
                            Used the default weapons, to keep the game tense and scraped through with a C ranking - 11h 39m and 65 saves

Now it's time for a little fun and I've been introducing the zombies to Old Painless.
                            All their limbs are getting severed, there's blood everywhere and I've redecorated the walls with their innards. Grim.
                            Actually, a licker killed me, so I've swapped to the rocket launcher - not ideal in tight corridors!
                            It feels like a different game when you try to speedrun it!

Other bits I've dipped into are Split/Second (which is getting pretty tough!) and LEGO DC Villains with the kids.
                            The latter is a tricky one because we all have different agendas. My son wants to play the story as quick as possible, my daughter just wants to mess about and I want to replay the levels to unlock the bonuses (especially the multiplier red bricks), so much so that I played it a bit after they went to bed! Had to punch 5 targets as Flash in a set time limit and the pad nearly went through the window.

I'm also hooked on Wordle.

Comment

Wrapped up the last of us 2 on PS5 last night. What an emotional roller coaster that was!
                              Going have a crack at the last guardian running on PS5 and not with the patch as it is meant to run at 60hz instead of 30hz so I have been informed.

Comment

Hilariously blasted through the second scenario of Resident Evil 2 in a fraction of the time and saves as the first run, thanks to the rocket launcher! Deffo think playing it properly the first time is the way forward, but I had a blast (pun intended) on the second run with every abomination that intimidated me on the first run getting roasted in a second!

Then dipped into EDF5 as a mate got it in the sale.
                                It's really funny playing those earlier levels again on Normal difficulty with a handful of ants politely taking turns to attack, when you think about the absolute pandemonium of the later levels, especially on the tougher difficulties.

I'm about 170 hours in and last night I unlocked the award for 45% complete!

Comment

Working...
                                X