This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend wrap up:

PS5 - Guardians of the Galaxy: It's an oddly long game. I seem to be mid-Chapter 10 out of 15 now. Still trundling along and it's still well worth playing though I'm getting thirstier to see the credits now.

XSX - New Super Lucky's Tale: Really am bounding between things as Reward points dictate approach so much. I seem to be very late in the easy to milk platformer now though.

WiiU - Super Mario 3D World: Another replay with Jr1 see's us mopping up green stars again to get into the last level. Still fun, still not as good as most the other 3D entries

PC - Alan Wake Remastered: I say this, still having not started it

RG355 - Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island: Mid World 2 now

Realised that Quest 2 is never in this but hasn't been close to the time to fit that in too

Comment

With all the talk of Dying light 2, I figured I'd fire up the first one. Haven't played it since it came out.

Everyones memory of this is rose tinted. It's a poor game. The parkour is remembered as a good mechanic... Its not. It bearly works and is insanely janky in what you can and can't make as a jump. Grabbing ledges is 50/50. The FOV is so short that you really can't see where you are going to land without really tilting the camera mid jump, and there is no slider to increase it.
      Combat is just as poor, with kicks and hits not connecting and when they do, it carries very little feedback to you.
      Leveling up is the worst offender. I've played some slow leveling games, but this takes the piss. I played it for 7 hours and in that time I leveled my agility once! It's 5000xp for one level and making a jump gives you 5...five!

Needless to say I gave up and I don't think I give a flying **** about the sequel.

Comment

I only got about 6 hours into Dying Light and thought it was terrible... so I 100% agree with you. It just seemed like a lot of great ideas, poorly implemented on hardware which wasn't capable enough to achieve the vision.

Comment

100% - never understood the hype for Dying Light. Always felt like it was passable at best and mostly lost what was appealing about Dead Island in the first place.

How is a Dead Island 2 so hard to make?

Comment

Played some Astro's Playroom and Demon's Souls ; both super fun, my 13 yo son absolutely loves Astro's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
              Played some Astro's Playroom and Demon's Souls ; both super fun, my 13 yo son absolutely loves Astro's Playroom
              That was my November/December 2020. Loved both. An absolutely superb pair of launch games.

Comment

Horizon: The Chilly Winds

I fired up my Ghosts of Tsushima save game this evening and had no idea what the buttons were so I switched to Horizon instead. It’s easier to remember how to play a game you put 60+ hours into last year. I shot an arrow right into the face of a charging Scrapper before diving out of the way like a boss.

I can’t believe the sequel is out in less than three weeks!

Comment

Metroid: Dread. It's glorious. I love it. So many clever details that make Samus feel totally connected to and located in the gameworld. Controls, spot on. Atmospheric effects, amazing. The EMMI sections I was not looking forward to but find I'm really enjoying them too. The improvements to the map are subtle but hugely helpful, while also still immersing you in that essential Metroid feeling that you don't ​quite know where to go.

Comment

Oh hey, I finished off Trover Saves The Universe and even dived straight into the DLC (when I should've gone to bed >_< ).

So, basically it's a lot like Astro Bot, but not quite as polished.
                    It is, however, bloody funny.
                    I was proper tittering at this late game section where Trover is lamenting that all hope is lost and you won't get to hear his band and then starts explaining what they sound like and at one point Justin Roiland cracks himself up at some of the stupid things he's saying.

I really like Rick & Morty and this felt like you were starring in one of the shows from their intergalactic cable episodes.

Comment

^ I thought I recognised that guy's voice as Lemongrab from Adventure TIme, and turns out it's him. Top voice actor.

Comment

Yeah, he's a time traveller in Gravity Falls too.

Comment

Fired up streets of rage 4. I still suck at it but it's great fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            Fired up streets of rage 4. I still suck at it but it's great fun.
                            Argh, it's back to a tenner in the PS4 sale. Really tempted but I need to save all my money for fuel, apparently.

Played some EDF5 last night with my mate again.
                            Got to the level where the comms are a chatter with talk of "humanoid aliens".
                            "Humanoid?!"
                            "Humanoid! Two arms, two legs, two eyes, bipedal - HUMANOID!"

Actual alien:

Comment

Main focus this weekend will be on Uncharted: Legacy Collection

Comment

Street Fighter V, squeezing the last out of it with the final character DLC, which I picked up a bit cheaper in the sales, before SF6 drops.

Halo Infinite. Fully addicted to the multiplayer currently. It's ****ing great.

Need to finish off Resi 8 as well, which I might try to do this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X