This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played a bit more of The Gunk.
    It's a nice little game, but not amazing.
    It's been done better elsewhere, but a pleasant enough distraction.
    Still disappointed with the odd swear word, because if it wasn't for that, a lot of younger gamers could handle this because the puzzles and platforming really aren't too taxing.
    Glitched out a couple of times too, like an invisible lift platform and cleared gunk not triggering new platforms.

On Saturday, I managed to have a monster session on Skyrim VR and bloody loved it.
    So, I'm trying to beef up my archer and wanted the Bound Bow spell, which grants you a magic bow with 100 arrows each time you cast it. Got to the the castle full of necromancers and Barry the Liar is outside and said nobody likes me, but he's lying, so that's fine.

Blazed it to the castle door and crept inside. Grand necromancer is chatting to a novice, so I blasted the novice with Fury and he went beserk at the master, then I blazed it over, stole the book and got the hell outta Dodge.
    Unfortunately, I got stuck in the scenery, but luckily, the guards outside were pretty chill as they were unaware of my booknapping, so did a fast travel to the same place and I was toooooled up with a new magic bow spell.

Next step in my plan was to get some amulet that lets me sell my stuff at a higher price, guarded by a spider.
    Couldn't find it, but stumbled across a big temple.
    There's a guard outside who cheekily suggested I should go inside to retrieve a mask for a reward.
    I was intrigued, so I went inside.

It was amazing! Basically, it's this MASSIVE ruined hall where the necromancers and guards conspired to flood the whole place.
    The whole place is crammed full of traps. Floor switches that trigger flames or treasure chests that fire darts at you or massive spiked gates that slam against you with skewers or sentry crystals firing lightning or ice. However, the whole place was crammed with undead guards waiting to wise fwom their gwave and kick my looting ass.
    They had bows, axes, spells, golem spells and quite often I'd try to run away, only to find they were behind me too.

Finally, you get to a vault protected by a code, but luckily I'd found a glass claw that said the code and unlocked the door.
    Proceeded inside and the lid of a giant ornate coffin flew off and the boss appeared!
    He could kill me with one spell and had a swarm of henchmen, so I back off and sniped from afar.
    Took a few attempts, but I got the job done, got the mask and got out of there.

I should point out that I was picking up everything I could lay my hands on. Everything.
    I specifically checked my weight as I was about to leave and I had a total of 1800 weight when I could only carry 300!
    I then had to move everything from a chest inside the castle to a barrel outside and then do a bunch of fast travels back to my stolen witch shack to stash my loot.

Definitely think it was a dungeon above my level (9?), but I could fire arrows like a machine gun with the Move controllers and, basically, unlimited arrows. I'd find one dead enemy surrounded by about 27 glowing magic arrows! Hahaha.

Anyway, I cleared the dungeon, saved the day and got a metric tonne of loot.

Comment

I'd love to play Skyrim in VR some time. That sounds amazing.

Comment

That sounds bloody great yeah.

Originally posted by QualityChimp
        Got to the the castle full of necromancers and Barry the Liar is outside and said nobody likes me, but he's lying, so that's fine.

Comment

When the kit isn't responding, it's an arse (arrows not firing when you're about to get cleaved in twain), but when it's all good, you just get totally immersed.
          Like there's a crystal firing instakill lightning, so I would blaze it as fast as my overencumbered form would allow and hide behind a door halfway along. Then, because it's VR, I would literally lean around the door, looking at where to run to next.

You can see an enemy way off in the distance. You pull back your bow, squint and aim, then you see them appear in a gap in the scenery and fire this perfectly arced arrow and hit them for a stealth bonus or even kill them.

Most VR games are shorter than this dungeon and I've got the whole of Skyrim to explore.

You feel a bit like Neo stepping out of the Matrix when you finally unplug, though!

Comment

I can imagine that. Blinking in the light, stretching like you've never used your muscles before.

Comment

Weekend report... BEAST MODE

Ghostwire: Tokyo wrapped up on Friday night so I leapt into The Gunk and managed to finish that last night. Now I've started Elden Ring using my tried and tested approach of using a trainer to make the game fun and I'm enjoying exploring the world From have made, it's very good for an open world at hiding areas so you pass through a section and then a huge castle looms in front of you. I'm finding I prefer the Souls style enclosed areas over the open spaces but it seems like the game will have an abundance of both and unlike BOTW explorations looks to be rewarded with interesting discoveries. It might go against the fanbases and devs difficulty fixation but it continues to demonstrate the series would lose nothing by adding in greater accessibility.

Comment

Skyrim VR.
                I found the amulet that gets me more cash at traders, so offloaded some tat in the first town and the merchant asked me to recover an ornamental claw stolen by bandits.
                So I headed up to Bleak Falls Barrow to get it back for him.
                Had a good mooch around, killed some dudes, found the claw and headed to the crypt...

Went back to the dude that trains you up to level 50 archery, only to find I'm already up to 49!

Comment

Ha, just watched that back and I didn't realise it recorded my mic.
                  Thankfully, I only speak at one moment for comedy effect.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Ha, just watched that back and I didn't realise it recorded my mic.
                    Thankfully, I only speak at one moment for comedy effect.
                    "Ah yeah!"

Why are you always inching forward with that stuttery movement? Are you roleplaying a lame/infirm hero?

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                      "Ah yeah!"

Why are you always inching forward with that stuttery movement? Are you roleplaying a lame/infirm hero?
                      Yet again, I was carrying thrice my weight in loot!

Why do you think I was so happy to find the boots that let me carry more?!

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                        "Ah yeah!"

He obviously took an arrow in the knee.

Comment

Finally, I am actually playing some Disco Elysium. On one hand I love it - it is challenging, smart, brilliantly written, and actually funny - and on another it is setting off all kinds of internal conflict about paths not taken, and what depths I am prepared to sink to in order to progress the case. That you don't get that kind of instant feedback about whether your actions were good or productive, and the knock-on impacts they'll have is so at odds with 90% of RPGs, and instead you're just left adrift in ambiguity. I've spent hours with it now and I still feel like I've done nothing!

Comment

God I hope Skyrim VR gets a patch for PSVR version 2

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                              Finally, I am actually playing some Disco Elysium. On one hand I love it - it is challenging, smart, brilliantly written, and actually funny - and on another it is setting off all kinds of internal conflict about paths not taken, and what depths I am prepared to sink to in order to progress the case. That you don't get that kind of instant feedback about whether your actions were good or productive, and the knock-on impacts they'll have is so at odds with 90% of RPGs, and instead you're just left adrift in ambiguity. I've spent hours with it now and I still feel like I've done nothing!
                              Ugh, such a good game.

Enjoy. And don't sweat the paths not taken.

QC's vid makes me want to play Skyrim so bad. Also ngl I partly watched the video just to hear the 'Awwwww, yeahhhhh'

Comment

You lot seem to be enjoying these, so here tonight's adventuring. Look for the part where I nearly jump out of my skin...

Y'all need to appreciate I didn't pick anything up, so I wasn't limping along this time!

Last edited by QualityChimp; 07-04-2022, 09:19.

Comment

Working...
                                X