Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really need to try it out too at some point, it has normal locomotion movement too?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      I really need to try it out too at some point, it has normal locomotion movement too?
      #Kylie

Yeah, it's actually really sound and I flip between modes.
      Sometimes you can get stuck somewhere in teleport mode, so you can quickly change to direct movement and walk away.
      When you walk, it puts on a blur on your peripheral vision, to minimise motion sickness, all of which is customisable. You can use the pad or Moves for direct movement.

Personally, I really like the Move controllers and it's become really natural to play, although you can get panicky, like when I stumbled across a couple of bears and had to leg it, cast my bow spell then turn and shoot them.
      I'm not going to say who won that battle, but I am wearing a delightful pair of bearskin boots...

Last edited by QualityChimp; 07-04-2022, 09:18.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        You lot seem to be enjoying these, so here tonight's adventuring. Look for the part where I nearly jump out of my skin...

Y'all need to appreciate I didn't pick anything up, so I wasn't limping along this time!

...the heavy breathing from sheer effort of spamming arrows from 07:58 up to the victory at 08:35. Then, "Beat it!"

Comment

Good stuff, it's always come across as one of those games that would come across amazing in VR but knowing how long a game it is I've put it off due to how mentally intensive VR can be

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
            ...the heavy breathing from sheer effort of spamming arrows from 07:58 up to the victory at 08:35. Then, "Beat it!"

Oh blimey, yeah! I rewatched the video whilst trimming it and meant to say the huffing and puffing is NOT me, but the character!

Although I clipped the bit where I went "WOAH!" when I found a "reanimate zombie" spell!

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            Good stuff, it's always come across as one of those games that would come across amazing in VR but knowing how long a game it is I've put it off due to how mentally intensive VR can be
            Yeah, I was the same, knowing how much of a time sink other Bethesda games can be, but you just end up going from one thing to the next. Ended up playing another hour and a half than I intended...

Last night, I did some archery practice (4 tough targets in 10 seconds? Nope!), then decided to just have a mooch.
            Found a tower with a sprite in it, the enemy type who instakilled me on my first session. REVENGE!
            Then found the cave from the video.
            Found a town nearby.
            Spent some time post-cave, selling some stuff to the town's ironmonger.
            Dude's lost his dog, so I agreed to find the dog.
            Didn't find the dog, found two bears.
            Spoke to the ironmonger again, sold more stuff (and bear pelts), but no more dog info.
            Checked the map, found the dog!
            Erm... the dog started speaking to me! ("In a land with giant flying fire-breathing lizards, you think a talking dog is weird?")
            Dog said I have to help him make up with his master.
            I mean the dog didn't move, then he just disappeared, so I'm following his arrow on the compass.
            I'm crossing mountains, killing spiders and finally found this cave.
            Inside, it's full of bleedin' vampires!
            Killed the whole blimmin' lot of them suckers.
            Find the dog next to a statue.
            Open a chest and find a gem that then says I need to deliver it somewhere.
            Then talk to the statue and he says I need to get an axe and he'll grant me a wish and take the dog back.

So, I'm on a quest to find a dog, that dog's on a quest to find its master and make amends, the statue wants me to go on a quest to find an enchanted axe and the gem wants me to go on a quest to take it home!

Last edited by QualityChimp; 07-04-2022, 10:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
              God I hope Skyrim VR gets a patch for PSVR version 2
              Why? Are you expecting them to improve it in any way?

If you want Skyrim VR with PS5 graphics you're going to certainly want a PC VR setup. Although, I had to pack it in after a few hours because the resolution on my existing headset wasn't high enough to display all the detail without being overly grainy/noisy. With that in mind, it's probably a lot more comfortable of an experience playing it with old graphics.
              Last edited by dataDave; 07-04-2022, 10:14.

Comment

I'm almost 20 hours into Octopath Traveler. Most of the characters are interesting enough for me to want all of them in my team, but of course that's not possible with a party limit of four. I'm really liking how the stories are laced and intertwined throughout the progress of the game, as each character must hit a particulat level cap before being able to proceed (so there's no being lazy with the characters you dislike). I already have the impression that it's all about the journey rather than the destination with this one.

The locations are all beautiful and charming, and the music is quite nice too.

I'm still trying to work out how to use the Merchant and Thief jobs to maximum effect, they currently just fart about a bit while everyone else smashes for maximum damage. When it comes to the battle system I feel like there's something that hasn't quite opened up yet.

In reality, I want to cane through this so I can start Triangle Strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  Why? Are you expecting them to improve it in any way?

If you want Skyrim VR with PS5 graphics you're going to certainly want a PC VR setup. Although, I had to pack it in after a few hours because the resolution on my existing headset wasn't high enough to display all the detail without being overly grainy/noisy. With that in mind, it's probably a lot more comfortable of an experience playing it with old graphics.
                  No I'm not expecting much, I don't own PSVR but am hoping to get PSVR2, and Skyrim VR just sounds like it is so epic.

Comment

Weekend round up:

Currently wrapping up Killer Instinct whilst plugging at Elden Ring, also approaching half way through Life is Strange 2

Comment

Just about finished the pack in Astro Bot game on the PS5. It's enjoyable enough with plenty of charm but loses something compared to the previous PSVR outing. If that's the showcase for all the fancy new features in the PS5 controller then it doesn't seem like it's going to be a game changer this generation.

Comment

My wife just finished Zelda Musou and has her sights set on the FF7 DLC which means we’ll be in a disc-swapping fight to the death. It’s motivating me to go hardcorps on Horizon 2 so I’ve been playing it these past few mornings. I just met the raptor-esque machines and they’re great fun to fight against.

It’s an interesting game. At times it feels like a DLC for the first game because it’s so similar but I enjoy the familiarity. They really have refined what was great about the first game while changing up certain things so it feels new.

This afternoon we had a Mario Kart 8D session with the eight new DLC tracks. Some are difficult to navigate but they’re not bad. The Tokyo one is fun.

Comment

Spent most of today hammeing momotaru dentetsu on switch, as a wonderful surprise i discovered there's an option hidden in the settings that actually turns on furigana over the kanji in everything so with just one flick of a switch i can now read everything making playing a million times easier as i can finally read all the city & station names. I can't believe i never found it i always assumed it didn't have an option for that. Weirdly the text boxes switch to a different resolution to allow furigana to be read but, reading the words & understanding are a different matter though lol. Decided to make a longer game so i set it to 10 years so that was a several hour game, gives me time to build up properties & also funds absolutely destroyed the cheating cpu this time.

Found the Nissin headquarters in oosaka as it was a ending station of that round.

Can't believe they had the audacity to make the number 1 on the dice a ufo ramen lid lol, i nearly didn't spot that one the sneaky gits.

Nearly found 20 lids so far, 100 seems so far away at the moment as the events and triggers for some appearing are stupidly convoluted depending on if you activate a certain card or trigger something on the board.

CPU can go home the no1 spot was mine wahahaha, made a killing in property at 121 million although the cpu totally wiped my balance a few times in the match but thankfully your properties are safe so if you can get to the next few marked train stations you can get it all back in profits.

The ufo train pulls up to get it's prize

as board games go it's really fun, each area of japan has it's own stuff, the board is hundreds of spaces so you have to go by boat & air to get where the next station is.
                          Last edited by importaku; 09-04-2022, 17:27.

Comment

Game Pass continues to be an absolute goldmine for me, I don't think I've ever played so many games to completion in the short period of time I've had the Series S in years. As I had the house to myself today and with nothing to do other than walk the dog, it's been a full on old school day of gaming. And today's game was as old school as they come, Serious Sam 4. Dumb, and a lot of fun! I feel like it's been years since I played an FPS that was just straightforward mayhem and it was all the better for it. I reckon I've put so much time in to it today I may well be near the end of it already though!

Comment

I finished Disco Elysium, and while I loved it to bits, I'm kind of gutted with my outcomes. I really made a dog's dinner of things, and the game and characters were good enough that I feel like I have genuinely let the side down. ****. Massive ending spoilers below.

I stupidly didn't get the gun back before confronting Ruby, who I let go. Returning to the Whirling in Rags, Harry dodged one bullet before getting shot, followed by Kim also getting shot (and supposedly surviving?), and only 2 of the Hardies living through the shoot out. I ended up with Cuno for company in the aftermath, eventually recruiting him into the force, and while this was a somewhat amusing interlude, the total lack of conclusion with Kim was a painful way to leave it.

Comment

MGS1. Great game. As I’ve mentioned though the graphics look so rough. Nearly done with that but took a break to play:

resident evil village, which I’d fallen off of as I wasn’t sure how to progress. Anyway I immediately opened a new door that I’d not noticed during previous sessions and blasted through to about the halfway point. Scary stuff as I kept getting further and further without saving. Fantastic atmosphere but I wish the puzzles were a bit more cryptic. I’m thinking particularly of a safe combination where a note literally tells you to look out the window. I’d already spotted two numbers painted outside and would have liked the opportunity to figure it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X