No announcement yet.

Astro City Mini announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else buying this only for Revenge of Death Adder?

Comment

It's one of my reasons, but it's not the only one!

Definitely need to find some way of getting that stick - it looks like a VSHG base to me, which combined with official Astro City branding is about as exciting as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        Looks like I can't just buy the stick directly from Amazon Japan. Shame
        They did the same with the mini for a while, then allowed international shipping. I’m hoping to get one through them as well.

Comment

I love the stick but I also love the pads:

LINK

Yakumo, can you help us get some?

Comment

Quite looking forward to xmas this year, well if the planet doesn't go into pandemic meltdown during flu season. Will be nice to hook all this up and delve into Segas back catalogue of titles as there's quite a few in that lineup i have never touched even in emulated form. Not hugely clued up on sega arcade stuff so a nice way of exploring it, at the beginning the inital wave of announced games didn't grab my interest but now all of them are announced it's a nice varied selection at least something in there for most people.

I love how much effort Sega is putting into these things, the only thing left is that Sega Mark III mini to complete my mini wish list. I really hope they do go and make it as it would be a nice way of experiencing the older 8bit Sega stuff i'm surprised that they haven't thought of it as hell we even have Gamegear covered even if it's only a handful of games. Although saying that a Taito mini cab with all the bubble bobble series on would officially cause me to die of excitement (no kidding i'd die)

Comment

Anyone else think Sega would have been better off announcing Virtua Fighter during the last batch of announced titles rather than the first lot? After they announced that one my hopes were that we’d get some more model 1 games which have hardly ever been ported instead of the usual suspects like Space Harrier or sodding columns.

Comment

Originally posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
                I love the stick but I also love the pads:

LINK

Yakumo, can you help us get some?

I've got mine coming but sadly I'm way too busy to do sales any more. Get next to no time to do anything these days.

Comment

Anyone wanting an Astro arcade stick apparently nin nin games are doing preorders, they might be an option for any of you that don't want to deal with amazon
                  Arcade Stick For the Sega's brand new Astro City Mini, bundling 10 classic games ! Pay-Later, Best Price and Worldwide Shipping!

Comment

... and I just came to say that the stick is now available to be shipped to the UK direct from Amazon

Comment

yay options for everyone then hehe

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                        ... and I just came to say that the stick is now available to be shipped to the UK direct from Amazon
                        Got my order in... Bit on the fence currently but I just know I would be kicking myself if I missed out what with my love of the VSHG.

Comment

Damn it Sega stop trying to hijack my damn credit card lol, made the mistake of having a peek at the website to see if there was anything new. Why yes, yes there was. It seems there's a special pink version of the astro that's based on the player 2 side so all the buttons are pink and the cabinet is a slightly different model. The catch is they are only available from segatoys own website they are sold in 2 bundles.

One with 2 pads

Or with a arcade stick, either way you can only get the pads or stick in a bundle from what i can see.

Part of me wants them but it's already a substantial chunk of cash getting a single set of everything. Plus i'll have to set up an account on sega toys and hope they don't pull a hori on me.

On a different note if you preorder one from GEO you get a teeny tiny ash tray lol

Damn you amazon and you crappy bonus of pc & smatphone wallpaper that i'll never use lol

Comment

Just figured out how to get a pink aracde stick, just buy a second green one and swap out the stick & buttons seeing as sega said you would be able to modify them. As they are using sanwa parts getting a replacement stick & buttons will be easy. If i'm honest it's only the arcade stick i really want in that bundle. (may be trying to lie to myself here lol)

Comment

Found an interesting video just now, seems someone in Korea has one wether it's a prototype or a youtube preview unit but it's definitely the official astro mini. While i have no clue what they are saying as i don't understand Korean at all it's cool to see it actually up close as the sega website really hasn't shown much since the reveal you can even see the menu system it's using and the settings you can choose seems it has english built in which is odd seeing as it hasn't been announced for anywhere but japan yet. Looks pretty neat and i'm pleased to hear that clickly stick on it.

Anticipation rising
                              Last edited by importaku; 17-11-2020, 16:56.

Comment

Are you sure the stick is clicky? I only watched bits of it but heard nothing on his stick movements while playing VF?

Comment

Working...
                                X