Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing, thanks Speedy.

Comment

Yeah got mine from Amazon Japan as well I'd rather pay the VAT up front, especially as Amazon remove the Japanese consumption tax.

It's not a bad little toy, but you probably need a controller or stick and TV attached to it to get the most out of it.

Comment

For anyone who didn't get an astro from Amazon Japan and who wants these, here's the craptacular preorder bonus from Amazon J. There were loads of different resolutions but i just nabbed the biggest one and the smartphone one you can resize them if you like to your choosing, can't say i want them at all so help yourselves. Considering the other preorder bonuses from other stores these are pretty dire

Smartphone wallpapers

Desktop wallpapers

Comment

Played it last night and it feels brilliant and well built, I bought mine with the arcade stick and two controllers, controllers feel great and quite responsive

Played two played golden axe with my missus and then played shinobi, shadow dancer and rad mobile

Shame Daytona, outrun, scud race or any of those aren't on there or maybe these games mostly represent what a astro city cab was, some crackers but some horrors as well

Best mini I've played and brilliant the arcade stick was just as much as the machine haha, now ordered a stand and stool

Comment

Will be interesting to see if anyone tries to hack this one open, with it been japan only it limits the chance of a hacking team going for it but the emulation seems decent enough where a lot more of segas back library would be great on it, could end up been an arcade beast.

And bang goes my chance of getting a second stick to mod now all of amazon japans supplies of the arcade stick are sold and now the scalpers are in full effect it's jumped from 12,800 to 34,000 yen.
            Last edited by importaku; 21-12-2020, 12:34.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              Is this compatible with anything else but the Astro Mini?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                Is this compatible with anything else but the Astro Mini?
                There's this guide over on Reddit about getting it to work on PC. Beyond that, I think you might be out of luck, shy of replacing the PCB / introducing a Brook/Mayflash type adaptor

Comment

That's a shame. My favourite looking stick ever. They would clean up if this worked on other platforms straight out of the box.

Comment

gonna keep an eye out on amazon as adapters tend to surface for stuff like that. Doesn't take long for periperal manufacturers to get on the case.

Even now there's already a screen protector released for the astro.

Comment

I'm a bit disappointed in DHL, I've got the stand and the extra controller but no arcade stick or Mini itself through the post yet even though the stick has been languishing in the local depot since Saturday. I'm hoping that they at least turn up tomorrow otherwise I'll be getting them on the other side of Christmas at this rate.

Comment

Once paid off some more of my Toyota GT86 and got PS5 out the way, will have to look at getting one of these if I don’t get to Japan anytime soon(which sadly probably won’t). Looking forward to seeing more footage and if they release even more games. Cheers for impressions guys.

Comment

Looks like my Astro has turned up, will check when I get home from work. Surprised it got here so fast as it was posted on dec26th expected it to get jammed in the Xmas/New Years postal avalanche especially with covid on top of everything.

Comment

Finally got round to trying mine out last night. It's a lovely little thing. Dark Edge was new to me- bit of a weird one.

Comment

Well impressions so far, is it's a great mini the stick and buttons on the unit itself are really nice probably the nicest i have tried so far. played a few of the games mainly the puzzle ones. The screen is really nice as is the output to hdmi it's pleasantly crisp. Also tested the arcade stick out it makes playing on the tv a lot more fun. Also satisfied my curiosity i plugged it into my pc and fired up mame yup works flawlessly with it. I did have to remap a few buttons around like the credit & start but plays beautifully so that's me happy as thats what i mainly wanted the astro stick for. bombjack & rainbow islands got a little playtest and they feel great with stick. Will take a bit of getting used to with the travel on it but really responsive.

Plopped it onto it's little stand looks really nice attached and my guess was correct, if you fill the moneybox with a load of coins it becomes very stable, certainly enough to play on it fine without taking it off it's base. There's about a kilogram of 2p's in mine as i raided my bank quest money box. Don't think it will fit either 50p £1 or £2 coins as they are too big for the slot but everything else goes in fine.
                              Last edited by importaku; 31-12-2020, 13:56.

Comment

Is there anyway of getting the coins out again? Doesn't seem to be any openable parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X