Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Don't hear much chatter about this.
    Looks amazing with a great list of games, but nobody seems to be playing it.

It's £130 on Funstock:
    https://funstock.co.uk/products/sega...y-mini-console
    I liked the look of it when first announced, but I really hate how it has a tiny screen with a massive bezel.

Comment

£130 seems really steep when amazon japan are selling the same thing for £58, the games are fun but there's only so much you can say on them that's already been said. Mine still gets played every so often but i mostly use that huge astro stick when playing mame nowadays.

Comment

i always thougth it looked like a worse version of the neo geo mini

that screen on the astro is bezzle inception level crazy! how far down do they go bezzel within a bezzel

Comment

To be honest i even enjoyed the neo mini but i REALLY wish they hadn't put the crappy euro censored versions of metal slug on there, as far as how they play they are actually really nice & the screen is more than fine as well. The one i'm now most excited for is the egret II it seems taito are doing everything right so far from what i have seen on their twitter account even the menu options are robust for playing on a tv, glad i bought my vertical monitor when i did i have a feeling it's going to be amazing for these kinds of things.

Comment

Astro City Mini V announced - essentially, a vertical orientation version of the unit with a new run of games due for release next year.

Comment

Ooo Bakraid and Batrider. Sweet

Comment

Holy moly that line up of games is doing it for me.

Comment

Sold! Wrestle War does seem a bit random within that group though.

Comment

That's a solid selection of games! Ooh, may be up for this one and we just know there will be extras.

Comment

Err 1. How do I cancel my analogue pocket order 2. Where do I preorder this.

Comment

Even though it's a bit ropey, I LOVE Wrestle War. Definitely picking this up.

Comment

lol sorry sega this will have to wait, not prepared to buy this so close to the launch of the egret mini as thats gonna cost a bomb.

Comment

Game line-up is definitely very interesting - the Toaplan stuff is great news in particular.

Feel like this one's less likely to make it over here at bargain basement prices though, unfortunately.

Comment

People buying this, the original version, and the Egret are gonna have a mini arcade in their house.

These devices are cool but they're not really for me. I wish Namco would make a bar top scale Rave Racer, or Time Crisis. That would be more up my alley.

Obviously it would need to be big enough to actually, ya know, be playable. But it feels possible!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                People buying this, the original version, and the Egret are gonna have a mini arcade in their house.

These devices are cool but they're not really for me. I wish Namco would make a bar top scale Rave Racer, or Time Crisis.
                                You know what? I make you right on that.

I go through phases of wanting these mini coin-ops and then end up not caring for them at all. Same with the plug-and-play devices like the Neo-Geo Arcade Stick Pro & Capcom Home Arcade.

I guess my desire for these devices died out with the Nintendo/Sega/PCE miniconsoles. (*shrugs*)

TBH, I'm surprised that Arcade1UP haven't already got in on the action with replica Ridge/Rave Racer and/or Time Crisis cabs.
                                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 18-12-2021, 10:15.

Comment

Working...
                                X