No announcement yet.

Microsoft Flight Simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guru 3D have a lengthy article about performance.
    Short version: the GPU makes a bigger difference than the CPU (kinda normal), and no current GPU is able to deliver 60fps at ultra settings in 4K in all situations.
    I wouldn't be surprised if XBX will deliver quality like the high settings at 4K, maybe with some checkerboard rendering or similar techniques.

Comment

Runs very nice on mine, not on ultra but the next one down.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
        Guru 3D have a lengthy article about performance.
        Short version: the GPU makes a bigger difference than the CPU (kinda normal), and no current GPU is able to deliver 60fps at ultra settings in 4K in all situations.
        I wouldn't be surprised if XBX will deliver quality like the high settings at 4K, maybe with some checkerboard rendering or similar techniques.
        Yeah. 2 things about performance - the GPU is maxed out but also the game only uses a maximum of 4 cores. This is why my RTX 2080 Super is at 98% but my Ryzen 3900X is only showing 30% at most as it has 12 cores with 8 of them sitting idle.

Comment

Run 3 copies at once for maximum core usage!

Comment

Had a right palava getting this installed. Had to uninstall it once as it got stuck with the update and had to keep starting the game up with the second install because it would constantly exit.

Up and running now though, I set it to all assist and did a bit of digital site seeing around the Outer Hebrides, a place I still dearly want to visit, even more so now actually.

Comment

This is quite cool:

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                This is quite cool:

He should have put a book under that left and right monitor

Very cool though.

Comment

There's no ATC yet either

Comment

I mean, playable atc

Comment

Very densely populated cities really KO this, it really is that either this still needs a lot of optimisation or the Series X version is going to get slashed like that kid in the garden chair in the opening sequence of Scream

Comment

If i fly under the bridge leading up to niagara falls it's game over says my plane hit an object, nowhere near anything, tried it a few times.

Comment

Flying low through cities feels so good but even on medium settings it absolutely murders my framerate. There's just constant stutter which isn't too surprising I guess, it just makes me a little sad cause its so much fun!

One to come back to when I upgrade I think.

Comment

On the flip side, tonight I visited Giza and took the drone for a spin... in space.

Comment

Just play DCS instead. You can shoot stuff in that!

Comment

Working...
                              X