No announcement yet.

Street Fighter VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't hold you breath as the official SF twitter tweeted out that they are going on the quiet for a short while. But hey, ya never know!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      I wouldn't hold you breath as the official SF twitter tweeted out that they are going on the quiet for a short while. But hey, ya never know!
      Totally on the money, a 30 second recap and a statement to say more news will follow later this year.

Really thought that would at least do a character reveal on their own stream.
      Last edited by wargame; 13-06-2022, 23:23.

Comment

... and yet they casually just go and announce this!

I am INTRIGUED.

Comment

That's a pretty cool way to do it. Usually the inputs have a little leeway so it doesn't need complete accuracy (unless it's SFalpha). But having a more powerful attack if you can get the input more precise is really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            That's a pretty cool way to do it. Usually the inputs have a little leeway so it doesn't need complete accuracy (unless it's SFalpha). But having a more powerful attack if you can get the input more precise is really nice.
            This makes me realise - have they brought back charge characters? I didn't play much of V but I remember hearing it didn't have them.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              This makes me realise - have they brought back charge characters? I didn't play much of V but I remember hearing it didn't have them.
              Guile, Balrog and M. Bison, Urien, Blanks, Chun-Li, Vega, Alex, FANG, Oro, E. Honda and Birdie are charge/hybrid charge characters.

Comment

New Guile gameplay

Comment

Holy moly. Did you notice the battle cuts n bruises on his face during the win pose at the end of the match? Cool!

Comment

He looks really hard to use. Short range.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      He looks really hard to use. Short range.
                      Guile is a bit of zoner, so his strength is kinda mid-range where he likes to throw booms in a hope that the opponent will start to get impatient and try to jump in on him. That's what he wants and so the Timberland flash kick comes out to play when they do I do think he can be deadly up close with a hit confirm to open the opponent up. Sending out a boom and following it for example. By the looks of the video he seems to have some new decent moves. A crouching target combo (the crouching 1-2 punch), that could catch people out on the second hit being a frame trap. He back hand HP can catch people out and has decent range. I think it's pretty safe on block if spaced well too.

Comment

Nice footage of guile there, the visuals really are impressive. Now, my Japanese is a bit rusty, but did anyone notice guile in brown turning grey and his meter turning grey also? I wonder what this means? Looks to have some kind of negative effect…

Comment

You go grey when you spend/lose all you Drive meter. This puts you in Burnout state.
                          When your drive bar is spent, your fighter looks dazed, and he or she suffers from a bunch of temporary debuffs. In addition to reduced speed, reduced damage, and reduced defense stats, players in burnout mode can be stunned if a foe pulls off a successful drive impact attack (and there's no other way to induce stun in SF6).
                          Cool touch by Capcom, when you are in Burnout state, your character's stance, if a classic character, reverts to a stance from older SF games.
                          Last edited by hudson; 15-06-2022, 22:16.

Comment

Ryu's theme, way to funky and pretty disappointing.

Comment

I love that. I think it's a banger. I love the disco strings.

Comment

Whilst there's nothing really bad about the theme it's woefully badly matched to Ryu

Comment

Working...
                                X