No announcement yet.

Street Fighter VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capcom have confirmed the game is set after the SFIII series.
    Last edited by hudson; 06-06-2022, 23:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      I'm seeing a lot of people talk about how this is going "back" to an urban/hip-hop feel, which surprises me.

Am I the only person who feels sf has always had a connection to that subculture? I swear even back in the 90s you had rappers sampling the SFX from the games in tracks, and they've carried on to present day.
      Street Fighter III and Street Fighter Alpha 3 felt like the chief suspects of this direction and it has always, always been to the games detriment.

Comment

My biggest issue with the 3D SF games is that they lack so much oomph in the animation compared to the 2D.
        If you look at Chun-Lis fireball in SF3 she's arching right back and whipping herself into it. In the 3D games they are kind of forcing a semi 'realistic' movement to avoid that body distortion and lacks so much.
        Tekken 7 is a good example. There are times the body and legs are facing in different directions during an attack just so the animation has that artistic stank.

Its my own personal feeling.

Comment

VS screen allows you to input facial expressions using dpad.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                Street Fighter III and Street Fighter Alpha 3 felt like the chief suspects of this direction and it has always, always been to the games detriment.
                You must have not played Alpha 3 in a long time. While it does change up from the SF and Final Fight theme tunes used in Alpha & Alpha 2, Alpha 3 doesn't have a hip-hop soundtrack.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  Again, even back with SF2 in the 90s, I associated it with hip-hop, and I'm not totally sure why.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    Again, even back with SF2 in the 90s, I associated it with hip-hop, and I'm not totally sure why.

Comment

I'd defend it more if I had some idea why I associate it so strongly.

EDIT: Okay, found it:

Music in fighting games can make or break a game. You can’t go toe to toe with your best friend with drinks on the line or likewise the…

There are a few things there. I remember that 1994 track which had the Street Fighter samples on it, and there was a lot of hip-hop on the album for the 90s Street Fighter live-action movie; I didn't have that CD but I remember seeing it so I assume someone I know let me borrow it. I suspect that's where my association comes from initially, followed up by often seeing adverts for rap battle-type setups using Street Fighter iconography years later.

I believe the reason there was hip-hop on that album wasn't just because it was big at the time; I genuinely believe it was already established that there was a relationship between hip-hop and the community that played Street Fighter II.
                      Last edited by Asura; 09-06-2022, 07:16.

Comment

Yep, Alpha 3 wasn't hip-hop but it felt much more distinctly Americanised in sound and presentation than other entries. There's a lot to love about Alpha 3 but things like that have always contributed as to why I preferred Alpha 2 and why SF3 always had a fairly dislikeable air about it despite the game itself being great.

Comment

CAN YOU FIGHT YOUR WAY TO GLORY?!

Yeah, I agree. The vibe of SFA1 and 2 was definitely more my thing.

Comment

Hippity hop is the sound of the street guys. Sorry why we talking about hiphop again? I am so hype for this. It looks amazing.

Apparently there will be a character/s reveal during Summer Game Fest this evening.

Comment

Comment

i'm no fan of Guiles denim onesie.

Comment

Working...
                                X