Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the plan for Japan seems to just be to make it clear they've already given up on the territory

Comment

"No new next gen news"...

I can only imagine they've got their poker face on or something and we're not getting any more official news till the end of this month*

*Unless Sony give us a price on the 9th.

Comment

Besides a date and price what exactly does MS have left to show. It's got no more games, we know what the UI looks like and the controller is the same as this one.
        It's fine MS saying they'll have no new next gen news, but that's because they don't have any.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          Besides a date and price what exactly does MS have left to show.
          They could finally get around to actually showing some footage of their new console in action? I'm still wondering what their reasoning is for some to go out and buy their new hardware. What's their pitch?

They don't seem to have one. It's all very sad, especially when I think back to the 360 build-up.

Comment

The launch is supposedly two months away and we've yet to see a single game running on the hardware.

Something is up.

Comment

Comment

Still say both SeriesX & PS5 will be £500 here.

Comment

Yep I am expecting £500 as well with the digital (PS5) being a bit cheaper and the same for the Series S

Comment

It'll only be £500 if Microsoft are going swallow loses (same for Sony) - their strategy of making their platform more open, supporting older gen and PC suggests they're not as bothered about shifting units and the existance of Xbox Series S points towards Series X being a premium unit.

Also factoring in people are prepared to pay over £1000 for a phone and that Xbox One X was £499 launch price with cheaper tech, £600 is not an unrealistic prospect for both the higher spec Sony and MS consoles.

£600 may be a more difficult sell for MS, but at this point I think Sony will find it easier to market the PS5 with that price successfully. Before the confirmation of Series S, I thought maybe MS will try to strike at the PS5 price and come in around £399, but I no longer believe that's going to be the case: Series S £399, Series X £599.

Comment

If the X is touted as the premium and Microsoft expect to sell more S what does that mean for multi-format development?

Lead on PS5 and port to Xbox?

Comment

PS5 £500
                        SeriesX £500
                        PS5 (diskless) £450
                        SeriesS £399

Most likely.

Comment

I don't think the SeriesS is going to be out at launch. I think it'll come next year. We've seen nothing of it, only rumours.
                          Personally I think it needs a long lead up to explain to everyone exactly what it is.
                          If that is the case then the PS5 digital edition will be the cheaper option for a while.
                          Even if the prices above are right, it'll mean you can have a full fat next gen console for £50 more then the seriesS.

Comment

Series S needs to be no more than £299. But will MS go big on All Access and making the retail price kind of irrelevant?

I don’t think Series S will take too much explaining to punters. Here’s a shiny new box that plays the new FIFA, Call of Doody and Fortnite. Same games as PS5 and SX but less expensive. People are still watching SD TV channels and DVDs on their massive 4K LCD TVs so presumably don’t have a clue about the need for a 4K console.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                              If the X is touted as the premium and Microsoft expect to sell more S what does that mean for multi-format development?

Lead on PS5 and port to Xbox?
                              I think that'll be the standard regardless, the Series X isn't going to be the main focus of many devs software given the low user base it'll likely have.

I don't think anything above £499 is on the cards. People are willing to pay insane amounts pointlessly for yearly phones but time and time and time again it's been proven that the rule doesn't apply to consoles and anything that has swung in higher than around £399 has historically failed to sell. As much as these are next-gen machines past efforts have stumbled at coming in too high and the mid-gen refreshes came in a shave higher and neither where that successful. Sony probably has the biggest balancing act which is why I still feel the £449.99 for the disc edition and £419.99 for discless seems best for PS5. If Series X comes in anywhere near £499.99 it doesn't matter what Sony has done, MS will never be able to shift the SX and it'll be still born by Easter, they're simply not in a position to weigh in with a premium priced unit, plus if they're chasing GP subs they need to shift units which would make sitting on the Series S all this time and focusing on X make no sense because the S would 100% be the lead format if the X is considered a premium model rather than their standard focus.

The delay of Infinite might have convinced MS to take a bigger hit for now on Series X so I'm more wary of what price they'll opt for but at this point Series S is so late in the PR campaign that it's almost redundant to the cause. X is practically indistinguishable from the Xbox One X launch at this point so I'm expecting a similar performance too in numbers. Current dice roll... £449.99 for Series X, £349.99 for Series S
                              and you will be able to buy one without preorder on day one.

Comment

I'm not sure if SeriesX launched tomorrow it would do much better then is already predicted.

Comment

Working...
                                X