This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Yep, it’s like the WiiU all over again only adding that it’s two gens deep into that confusion and with several models and one might not be as good as the Wii.

I think if you need to do that much explaining in the marketing materials (and they do), it’s a problem. It’s not a clear system.
    So the Series S is like two 360s taped together?

Comment

Confusion is one thing, but can we at least all agree that 'Series' is a **** name for a console.

Comment

Yes and yes.

Comment

It's a weird name. At some point they will need to replace the system and they can either extend the name so Series S Pro (which fractures the naming convention) or change the letter like doing Series E (which quickly makes it a load of nonsense letters) or call it the Series S2 (like phones but that's still just slapping a higher number on it like they should have done all along)

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            Confusion is one thing, but can we at least all agree that 'Series' is a **** name for a console.
            Yes. Also calling generation 3 of a console "One" was stupid. MS have a history of ballsing this up and they're doing it again.

In the last 15 minutes I've had one person seemingly accepting my assertion that the Series S was not entirely more powerful than a One X and someone else say the Series S is as powerful as a PS5 so clearly there is confusion, even on this board.

Traditionally in gaming an S rank is best so that's more confusion right there! lol.

Comment

Reveal trailer comparison update:

Series S = 3.3m views in 3 days

Series X = 12m views in 6 months

PlayStation 5 = 23.5m views in 5 days

I'd agree though that Series S is probably going to outsell Series X. It feels like most of the internet completely ignored or missed that the Series X release date and price was announced this week, so quickly has it fallen back in discussion compared to the other two unit options.

Comment

I actually like the look of the S, particularly the size. The PS5 looks awful.

Comment

But it has more features

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    Agreed. What they won't expect is that the next gen Series S isn't as powerful as the last gen One X. They won't immediately go Oh yeah, like with iPhones.
                    Yes but the One X doesn't exist (ssh)

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                      The series S has as much CPU power as the PS5, same graphics features and is aiming at 25-33% of the graphics workload with 40% of the graphics power. I’m pretty optimistic the series S won’t be a anchor for the big boy consoles.
                      No I don't think it will either. I just watched the digital foundry video and given to the CPU is pretty much identical it's more about graphical scaling down which isn't nearly as difficult... Not saying it's not effortless but an easier process.

Seems the memory will perhaps stop its ability for backward compatibility of X enhanced but then it's a 1440p machine for £249... People are expecting miracles here. The fact it's hitting this price and can play all generations of xbox games and for the foreseeable future at that price is amazing.

I'm still going for the X but I can see the S being really great for casuals.

Also a friend made a good point yesterday with the all access subscription. He's not into gaming as much but he pointed out for £7 more month the Series X doesn't appear to much more expensive if you're entering into that plan... Plus he asked if you could sell the Games Pass 24m subscription...

Of course you can, for potentially £180-200? On CDKeys a 12 month code is currently £100.

You could possibly grab one of these on all access but get money back if you didn't want such a long game pass sub and just wanted cash back in your pocket. Not a bad idea...

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        Cool. Will be nice to play the games currently out on a new machine I guess 🤷
                        Yep, more so when they'll look and run better. It's not like SONY launch line up is 'much better since we know next to nothing on what games are actually going to make it for its launch.

£250 gets you a next-gen system that can run the likes of Dirt V at 120fps that's pretty good in my book

Comment

I've definitely been confused by the One/One S/One X/Series S/Series X nomenclature.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            I've definitely been confused by the One/One S/One X/Series S/Series X nomenclature.

God bless Brain Dennehy

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                              Yep, more so when they'll look and run better. It's not like SONY launch line up is 'much better since we know next to nothing on what games are actually going to make it for its launch.

£250 gets you a next-gen system that can run the likes of Dirt V at 120fps that's pretty good in my book
                              Let's be fair Ratchet and Clank is looking mint and Spiderman is a big title as well, though we've seen very little right now. If Sony get Demon Souls out as well it's the better launch lineup for most but that depends solely on the types of games you like.

MS will definitely have Gears Tactics out and they'll be vastly improving recent titles like Gears V, Halo, Forza etc... But they're still older titles.

Really MS needs flight simulator out on Xbox Series X fast. If they did that and showed that running on console by the end of the year then it'll help fill the gap left by Halo Infinite.

Again, it depends on what games you like. Flight Simulator is out on PC and it's not your usual console title but right now it's captured the attention of the media and it's never coming to PS5... So...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Love it... Good movie as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X