X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the 120hz relates to 3D and that’s about it

Comment

Yeah, oh well. The more reason to upgrade next year.

At least I have my PC monitors for Master Race shenanigans.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post

I'm looking at the Sony XH900 as a next upgrade. Not really bothered with OLED because my kids would ruin it (probably).
        OLED TVs are far better with regards to pixel degradation these days, it’s basically a non issue. My E6 had a replacement panel fitted last year and that’s not put me off getting another OLED TV. The picture and motion handling is so good.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          A technical producer at Remedy Games smells trouble apparently. Regarding optimisation.

Yeah I mean it's kind of a different format again from the seriesX. I'm sure some optimisations will be needed. I just hope it doesn't hold things back... Like having to develop with the previous generation in mind.

Comment

I didn't think it was gonna be a problem. The S is the next-gen console and you get extra woomf in the series X to shift the goodness around in 4K. Or is the S a bottleneck?

Comment

I’m pretty sure the team at Xbox know what they’re doing with their split range strategy. It’s not the first time they’ve produced a 1080p and 4k version of the same system before. And there were larger differences in the memory setup between the One S and X to contend with too.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                OLED TVs are far better with regards to pixel degradation these days, it’s basically a non issue. My E6 had a replacement panel fitted last year and that’s not put me off getting another OLED TV. The picture and motion handling is so good.
                Yeah I know but my kids are utter bastards for leaving the TV on and doing stuff I know isn't good for it. I know they have screen savers and pixel refresh and all that stuff to maintain it but I just think it's still a risk with my lot... They will destroy it if there is a way and I just think I'll be the one unlucky swine that LG won't honour a warranty over because of it.

Stupid maybe but I'm happy to stick with LCD or maybe this micro or mini led stuff that isn't so fragile.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                  I’m pretty sure the team at Xbox know what they’re doing with their split range strategy. It’s not the first time they’ve produced a 1080p and 4k version of the same system before. And there were larger differences in the memory setup between the One S and X to contend with too.
                  Me too I think it's a developer having a whinge because they really just want to concentrate on the one platform and target. I mean I get it, but in this day and age if you're developing for mobile or pc you're used to this **** already and it's not like there's a million combinations to consider.

Comment

Era have been rounding up more dev impressions of Series S:

Scatty order there but I think I caught all of them they have posted so far
                    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 10-09-2020, 22:45.

Comment

Digital Foundry posted a video up about this as well, as a value proposition its excellent, but the lack of RAM and only 500GB of storage could be a bit of a bottleneck and a big problem in the long-term as we move away from cross-gen games.

Im still on the fence, Ive already got a one x and so far there havent been any first-party exclusives shown that appear to be proper next-gen titles that makes the series s/x an essential upgrade over what I have already. PS5 on the other hand has a lot of exclusives that you cant get anywhere else and titles that are pushing the new tech that simply couldnt be done on a PS4.

Comment

Every day trump’s America, Britain, and Xbox looks more and more ****ed

Comment

I don't think the One X was held back by the One S and honestly I get what they're saying but it still reads like a couple of outspoken few having a whinge because the day job got more complex.

This isn't a new revelation is it? Plus you're adding PC in the mix for a lot of these titles anyway.

I'll go listen to the digital foundry stuff as I like how they present stuff.

Comment

As one guy said 'de-scope'. Its something I've been banging on about. Developers may have to scale back some ambitious ideas to get it running properly and that would be the biggest shame.
                            Not using some textures and having technical cheats is one thing, but dropping gameplay ideas or scaling back the scope of the game is another.
                            A next gen console should be like giving developers and designers a bigger playground, not a bigger playground with obstacles.

Comment

Given all the complaints about how expensive AAA are to make and why they have to have crunch all the time from publishers & developers, descoping probably isn't the worst idea in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                Every day trump’s America, Britain, and Xbox looks more and more ****ed
                                You ok hun?

Comment

Working...
                                X