Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The name stuff is tricky, by tricky I mean SSX Tricky.

It's tricky to rock a rhyme
    To rock a rhyme that's right on time

In other news I’ll be day one buying one Xbox Series X Day One Serious Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      Yep, more so when they'll look and run better. It's not like SONY launch line up is 'much better since we know next to nothing on what games are actually going to make it for its launch.

£250 gets you a next-gen system that can run the likes of Dirt V at 120fps that's pretty good in my book
      I was being sarcastic, no one cares about games already out and done when it comes to selling a console, people want new games on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post

It's tricky to rock a rhyme
        To rock a rhyme that's right on time
        I concur!

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          Let's be fair Ratchet and Clank is looking mint and Spiderman is a big title as well, though we've seen very little right now. If Sony get Demon Souls out as well it's the better launch lineup for most but that depends solely on the types of games you like.
          Other than Spiderman is any other game set in stone to be a launch game?. What I like in a launch game is just for it to offer and be able to handle stuff the previous gen couldn't offer I'm not fussed or expect AAA games at day one (on a non-Nintendo system) Yes the likes of Gears Tactics is a complete joke, and I'm very disappointed that Forza 8 doesn't look like it be a launch game

MS launch line up is crap, I just hope those Series X upgrades really show off some nice FX. I'm sort of half tempted to sell my shield and get a Series X as my 4K steaming device and also then use the joypad to play ARMA on the PC. Its not like SONY line up is that much better and we don't have a price or release date

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            I was being sarcastic, no one cares about games already out and done when it comes to selling a console, people want new games on it.
            Pretty sure Dirt 5 hasn't been released yet.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              If those games you already own get significant upgrades then that's nice on day one. I knew quite a few people who only used their brand new PS2 for DVD's and to play their PS games in 'smooth' mode. I'm quite looking forward to playing Dirt 5 in 120fps mode, hopefully, it will justify getting the new LG

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                With this in mind I can't help but feel it's going to be like an anchor around next gens necks.
                Not at all. The Series X will begin to struggle (at 2160p) before the Series S breaks a sweat (at 1440p).

Even if games in 2024 start to push the limits of the systems they can drop the Series X output to 1440p, and the Series S to 1080p.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                  Well, it's like that and that's the way it is.

Comment

Presumably most cases of the S wobbling will be down to lack of optimisation, it's not going to be high on any devs priority list as a focus unless sales are astronomical

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                      No I don't think it will either. I just watched the digital foundry video and given to the CPU is pretty much identical it's more about graphical scaling down which isn't nearly as difficult... Not saying it's not effortless but an easier process.

Seems the memory will perhaps stop its ability for backward compatibility of X enhanced but then it's a 1440p machine for £249... People are expecting miracles here. The fact it's hitting this price and can play all generations of xbox games and for the foreseeable future at that price is amazing.

I'm still going for the X but I can see the S being really great for casuals.

Also a friend made a good point yesterday with the all access subscription. He's not into gaming as much but he pointed out for £7 more month the Series X doesn't appear to much more expensive if you're entering into that plan... Plus he asked if you could sell the Games Pass 24m subscription...

Of course you can, for potentially £180-200? On CDKeys a 12 month code is currently £100.

You could possibly grab one of these on all access but get money back if you didn't want such a long game pass sub and just wanted cash back in your pocket. Not a bad idea...
                      Is this possible? I would've thought All Access would tie directly into your Microsoft Account for the subscription, rather than just be issued as a 24 month code that you type in.

Comment

I can't wait to crank this baby up and push that 12 teraflop AMD RDNA 2 GPU playing Peggle.

Comment

From what I can tell the current launch line up is:

-Assassin's Creed: Valhalla
                          -Gears Tactics
                          -Destiny 2
                          -Dirt 5
                          -Tetris Effect: Connected
                          -Yakuza: Like a Dragon

Comment

If I get my hands on one I'll be playing upscaled Perfect Dark and Daytona USA until a potential double-dip on Cyberpunk. I might try out some Forza Horizon with my boy.

Actually, if you buy one copy of Cyberpunk doesn't it unlock a code for use on any other console? Or did I dream that? Didn't they come out saying you should only have to pay for a game once?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              I can't wait to crank this baby up and push that 12 teraflop AMD RDNA 2 GPU playing Peggle.
                              Last edited by Family Fry; 11-09-2020, 14:15.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                If I get my hands on one I'll be playing upscaled Perfect Dark and Daytona USA until a potential double-dip on Cyberpunk. I might try out some Forza Horizon with my boy.

Actually, if you buy one copy of Cyberpunk doesn't it unlock a code for use on any other console? Or did I dream that? Didn't they come out saying you should only have to pay for a game once?
                                I think they’ll be doing a free upgrade, if I remember right.

Comment

Working...
                                X