X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    It’s like trying to educate pork.
    Are you confusing graphics and resolution?
    The S will be able to pull things off that the XB1X can’t, even if that were to drop it’s resolution.
    Raytracing or anything else using the 16/8/4bit support on the CUs , ML inference for example.
    The SSD and IO on the S will open doors to other memory management and asset handling techniques that they X won’t be able to do either, which in turn will make those games look better later down the line.

Comment

Let’s remind ourselves what the PS2 game looked like, just in case dementia has started to set in for some people.

Comment

Your brain just works differently to mine.
        Ok then Brain... Which system is the most capable and able to push the better graphics and have better performance, the Series S or the One X

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
          Let’s remind ourselves what the PS2 game looked like, just in case dementia has started to set in for some people.
          Yeah let's not be nuts. Dirt 5 doesn't look bad. I think it's probably a poor track to show off.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            I mean its nice to see a PS2 game running at “120fps”, I guess.
            I thought "nice frame rate".

It's like MotorStorm 1 in terms of palette but I guess it's what you get with an off roader.

Comment

The ray traced effects are nice in that trailer albeit on a fairly dull looking track.

Comment

I think that looks immense. Especially for a €300 console.

Comment

I just watched that back at 1440p/60 on my tablet and it looks great. Boring track aside it's very detailed.

Comment

Shame YouTube doesn’t support 120hz.

Don’t really care for it otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      Ok then Brain... Which system is the most capable and able to push the better graphics and have better performance, the Series S or the One X
                      Well you hit the nail on the head there. I don’t actually know. That probably answers Boris’ question too. What I’m really talking about here is the confusion of the series s and it’s incredible that some people just wont accept that. Of all the new consoles the series s is kinda the one that appeals to me the most. It’s tiny, it’s cheap, it’ll play loads of older Xbox games across generations and, I think (confusion here again) that it will enhance some or all of them in some way. Not the same way my one x did though. And I think that would be excellent as I game on either a 2k monitor or in vr. I may have talked myself into getting one.

ITS STILL BLOODY CONFUSING THOUGH!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        Shame YouTube doesn’t support 120hz.

Don’t really care for it otherwise.
                        I give them a year, at most.

I'm hoping for some good Black Friday deals on the One X. I only really need a new controller and Perfect Dark in 4K.

If I can get a Cyberpunk console I'd be over the moon.

Comment

Well you hit the nail on the head there. I don’t actually know. That probably answers Boris’ question too. What I’m really talking about here is the confusion of the series s and it’s incredible that some people just wont accept that. Of all the new consoles the series s is kinda the one that appeals to me the most. It’s tiny, it’s cheap, it’ll play loads of older Xbox games across generations and, I think (confusion here again) that it will enhance some or all of them in some way. Not the same way my one x did though. And I think that would be excellent as I game on either a 2k monitor or in vr. I may have talked myself into getting one.

ITS STILL BLOODY CONFUSING THOUGH!
                          In fairness MS have made it less confusing by simply putting the One X to rest. There is possibly going to be some overlap in end graphical performance I guess but they've effectively taken one option out of the equation so the comparison is pointless (to an extent) if you're in the market for a new console that is going to be able to play future titles.

I own a One X now as my primary console and I use it sparingly in the study on a 32" freesync monitor at 1440p. It is a really nice experience and I guess the Series S may not actually provide much, if any, improvement in some titles but the big factor for me wanting a Series S for the study is simply that it's really bloody tiny, it's going to load things quick and it's going to play all new titles going forwards... plus of course, its cheap.

I think if anyone was debating between a second hand One X or a brand new Series S there is a clear winner, at least in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            I give them a year, at most.

I'm hoping for some good Black Friday deals on the One X. I only really need a new controller and Perfect Dark in 4K.

If I can get a Cyberpunk console I'd be over the moon.
                            I think you'll be out of luck on a Cyberpunk model but keep your eyes peeled on Amazon as they had refurbished units for 180 quid a while back. Apparently they were in perfect condition by all accounts.

I'm going to be trading in my One X soon so not sure how much the going rate is for it. Is there a way to check on Game? At CEX they'd give you about £150 cash or £190 for a voucher which I suppose isn't bad.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                              In fairness MS have made it less confusing by simply putting the One X to rest. There is possibly going to be some overlap in end graphical performance I guess but they've effectively taken one option out of the equation so the comparison is pointless (to an extent) if you're in the market for a new console that is going to be able to play future titles.

I own a One X now as my primary console and I use it sparingly in the study on a 32" freesync monitor at 1440p. It is a really nice experience and I guess the Series S may not actually provide much, if any, improvement in some titles but the big factor for me wanting a Series S for the study is simply that it's really bloody tiny, it's going to load things quick and it's going to play all new titles going forwards... plus of course, its cheap.

I think if anyone was debating between a second hand One X or a brand new Series S there is a clear winner, at least in my eyes.
                              I think I agree. If there was never a one x there probably wouldn’t be as much of an issue. Those who splashed for an x will likely do so again for series x. The 2k target is odd though. I mean for me it’s perfect but surely most console gamers use a tv and that is either gonna be 1080 or 4K no?

Comment

I think I agree. If there was never a one x there probably wouldn’t be as much of an issue. Those who splashed for an x will likely do so again for series x. The 2k target is odd though. I mean for me it’s perfect but surely most console gamers use a tv and that is either gonna be 1080 or 4K no?
                                Yeah the 1440p thing is a bit odd. MS should have made it clearer. Series S - best for 1080p TVs and Series X for the full 4k HDR experience. But marketing people like big numbers so 1440p it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X