Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm calling it: Virtua Fighter 6 as an exclusive launch title for MS's next console, the Xbox One (X) Series XXX.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      Considering how piss poor the last xbox console sold in Japan it would be a death sentance for Sega if MS had bought them out, not that it's happening anyway lol. Don't think Sega would enjoy putting all that work into making games only for the 100 people in japan that bought an xbox potentially buying it.
      They tried to crack japan with Sega before, Jet set radio future, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Crazy Taxi 3, and Shenmue 2 where all xbox exclusives and a real push to make the xbox appeal to that market. I cant see them trying again with Sega as their a shadow of their former self, id be surprised if they came up with anything as good as jet set radio and and Orta for the series x. As for Sonic At this point sega have made more bad 3D sonic games than good ones. Sonic 2000, shadow the hedgehog, sonic Boom, sonic forces, Sonic colours, sonic riders the **** list is just crazy.
      Last edited by Lebowski; 24-09-2020, 09:02.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
        I'm calling it: Virtua Fighter 6 as an exclusive launch title for MS's next console, the Xbox One (X) Series XXX.
        If only.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
          They tried to crack japan with Sega before, Jet set radio future, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Crazy Taxi 3, and Shenmue 2 where all xbox exclusives and a real push to make the xbox appeal to that market. I cant see them trying again with Sega as their a shadow of their former self, id be surprised if they came up with anything as good as jet set radio and and Orta for the series x. As for Sonic At this point sega have made more bad 3D sonic games than good ones. Sonic 2000, shadow the hedgehog, sonic Boom, sonic forces, Sonic colours, sonic riders the **** list is just crazy.
          Eh, Sonic Colours is pretty good. The others are wank mind you.

Comment

Oh well doesn’t sound like MS are buying Sega, at least not this week. Doesn’t rule out a partnership deal though.

Comment

I'd rather see partnership deals then out right buying of companies. Otherwise you end up with a situation like the Epic Store where money rules.

Comment

Well MS are at the Tokyo Game Show in a few hours so if they are buying Sega that would be where to announce it...

Comment

After MS pretty much ruled it out, I’m 99% certain nothing in regards to an outright purchase will happen. Partnership deal at this stage is strong possibility. But who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    I'd rather see partnership deals then out right buying of companies. Otherwise you end up with a situation like the Epic Store where money rules.
                    Agreed.

I'm not sure about the legality of how Microsoft have gone about some of these acquisitions.

Comment

Series S reduced to be same price as the Switch in Japan...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        Agreed.

I'm not sure about the legality of how Microsoft have gone about some of these acquisitions.
                        Under what legislation would it be illegal? There's no barrier to other publishers or developers entering the market. There's alternative competition from Sony, Nintendo, Apple and Google as big platforms and it's nowhere near a majority share of the market. Even economies of scale fall down, because the costs don't reduce by owning more developers.

I can't see how these acquisitions would be illegal at all.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          Under what legislation would it be illegal? There's no barrier to other publishers or developers entering the market. There's alternative competition from Sony, Nintendo, Apple and Google as big platforms and it's nowhere near a majority share of the market. Even economies of scale fall down, because the costs don't reduce by owning more developers.

I can't see how these acquisitions would be illegal at all.
                          You just can't go around snapping pencils and smashing executive desk toys in a threatening manner without some legal ramifications.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                            https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-se...duced-in-japan

Twenty quid cheaper

Preorders are starting in 25 minutes. I’m seriously considering getting a Series S and keeping my PS4 a while longer instead of selling it to fund a PS5.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              You just can't go around snapping pencils and smashing executive desk toys in a threatening manner without some legal ramifications.
                              Makes me puke. Not only is Bill Gates not content with engineering this so-called Covid plandemic, he throws his weight around with his bully-boy nerd squad. Disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                                https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-se...duced-in-japan

Microsoft really going for it. Still, the Japanese won't but it, they only like small consoles and so will go for the PS5

Comment

Working...
                                X