This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hudson View Post
    Do Microsoft games always go on Game Pass day one?
    Yes

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      Yes
      That is beautiful.

Looking forward to MS Flight Sim.

Really looking forward to getting my Series S. My birthday is is 2 days before. Gonna be like an early Christmas.

Comment

There's no date for Xbox Flight Some yet, is there?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          There's no date for Xbox Flight Some yet, is there?
          Nope...still no news on it other than 'it's coming'

It'd push me towards grabbing an Xbox.

Comment

'It's coming'

That's all I need to hear. We have a whole generation to come.

I was going to settle for just PS5, but then I saw what MS were doing. Their very reachable Series S, Game Pass (amazing content compared to the massive filler on PS Now) and the amount of games I missed last generation. Phantasy Star Online.

Had to get it.
            Last edited by hudson; 09-10-2020, 13:21.

Comment

That's the thing.

I had an Xbox One and two One X. I have no desire to own another MS console.

Comment

That's the thing.

I had an Xbox One and two One X. I have no desire to own another MS console.
                I don't understand what the thing is you're referring to. I believe, if you can make it happen. Get all the consoles! You had those Xboxes, but now you will miss future content. It's like having Amazon Prime TV only and missing out on Netflix.

Comment

Hard to imagine XSX Flight Simulator is coming anytime soon and based on PC version it'd be much better for it to be a year or two out so that everything that needs attention gets attention and so once it comes to console it's fully feature rich and issue free as they'll need to make cuts regardless but it's not quite in the right shape for resources to be pulled for consoles niche audience for it yet.

Comment

Xbox Series TV ad.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      Hard to imagine XSX Flight Simulator is coming anytime soon and based on PC version it'd be much better for it to be a year or two out so that everything that needs attention gets attention and so once it comes to console it's fully feature rich and issue free as they'll need to make cuts regardless but it's not quite in the right shape for resources to be pulled for consoles niche audience for it yet.
                      I would be very surprised if it didn't hit Xbox Series XS in early 2021, possibly before March. It is very much in the public eye, getting amazing reviews so not aiming to get it onto the consoles for a year or two they might as well not bother.

As for game pass, I would imagine given they just announced Wolfenstein, Prey and Arkane (Dishonoured) collections coming soon with Series XS enhancements you can expect all of those potentially hitting game pass before the end of the year.

Doom Eternal is obviously now in game pass and getting the upgrade treatment and I would fully expect Doo 2016 to follow suit (it was in game pass before, but now its essentially 1st party it may go back in with a graphics upgrade).

Plus of course EA play is hitting game pass on launch day, so FIFA, Madden, UFC, NFS, Battlefield etc... ok the older titles, but still in game pass the day you fire up the Series X/S.

So yeah, there is plenty to play on launch day... just not many "new exclusives".

Comment

I don't understand what the thing is you're referring to. I believe, if you can make it happen. Get all the consoles! You had those Xboxes, but now you will miss future content. It's like having Amazon Prime TV only and missing out on Netflix.
                        The "thing" I'm referring to is you, I'm assuming from your posts, didn't have an Xbox One. So, for you, getting one of these to play the games you've missed is a great idea.

For me, I've played the few One exclusives I wanted to and have no real interest in backwards compatibility to the Series line don't so anything for me.

As for missing future content there's nothing there that makes me go "oh goodness, I'm going to need that". Especially if we're talking the next Forza, Gears or Everwild. Those won't come to the One X so I'd need to buy the new one anyway (if I wanted to play them).

EDIT: My GamePass Ultimate expires May 2022 so I can use xCloud if I really have an Xbox itch that needs scratching.
                        Last edited by teddymeow; 09-10-2020, 14:01.

Comment

'It's coming'

That's all I need to hear. We have a whole generation to come.

I was going to settle for just PS5, but then I saw what MS were doing. Their very reachable Series S, Game Pass (amazing content compared to the massive filler on PS Now) and the amount of games I missed last generation. Phantasy Star Online.

Had to get it.
                          This is me in reverse with PS5. I missed out on all the PS4 exclusives so a PS5 digital interests me more to play backwards compatible titles for now than what is coming for the next 6 months.

I'll be getting a Series X (and S) first though and keeping my eye on the PS5 next year.

It's a great birthday present for you if you've missed out on stuff though because Game Pass and Backwards Compatibility gives you a tonne of stuff you missed for very little outlay. You're going to feel a little overwhelmed day one if you're diving back in, in a good way.

Also remember Game Pass Ultimate includes PC and Cloud. I'm playing a few titles on my old crusty PC on game pass that aren't even on the consoles (indie titles mainly).

Comment

The "thing" I'm referring to is you, I'm assuming from your posts, didn't have an Xbox One. So, for you, getting one of these to play the games you've missed is a great idea.

For me, I've played the few One exclusives I wanted to and have no real interest in backwards compatibility to the Series line don't so anything for me.

As for missing future content there's nothing there that makes me go "oh goodness, I'm going to need that". Especially if we're talking the next Forza, Gears or Everwild. Those won't come to the One X so I'd need to buy the new one anyway (if I wanted to play them).

EDIT: My GamePass Ultimate expires May 2022 so I can use xCloud if I really have an Xbox itch that needs scratching.
                            I think you'll be fine with Cloud in that case as it runs pretty well right now, albeit at a capped 720p max resolution. Fine for a tablet up to say 10" but stick it on your TV and its not great.

MS are on about support cloud streaming to consoles or PC though... its in the pipeline.

Comment

I'd tried xCloud on my OnePlus6 and it was pretty decent. I've got a tablet somewhere so will end up using that.

It's impressive.

Comment

I'd tried xCloud on my OnePlus6 and it was pretty decent. I've got a tablet somewhere so will end up using that.

It's impressive.
                                Yeah I am using it on my phone from time to time but also on a Samsung tab s5e which is where it shines. Just has the right screen ratio and size to make it stand out.

The fact cloud gaming is bundled into game pass ultimate is what makes it though. There's going to be almost 200 games in that service by the time these new consoles are out...

Comment

Working...
                                X