This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    There’s nothing on the horizon that makes me want one of the new x boxes but I gotta say, this series S is like some sort of amazing x box/360/one emulator. Like how dolphin emulator makes Nintendo games look better. If you wanted a machine to play your 3 generations of Xbox games this is amazing for that job. And so tiny!
    It does look like a sweet little box. What MS have done with this is maybe make Sony brand followers look at the price, look at Game Pass and think, I could get one of them a bit later on. A really smart move by MS. It's exactly what's happened to me (although Im not a Sony brand follower - just someone who has many friends on the platform). I missed the last gen on Xbox, so I'm gonna be like a kid in a sweet shop.

We need to see more Series S now.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      It does look like a sweet little box. What MS have done with this is maybe make Sony brand followers look at the price, look at Game Pass and think, I could get one of them a bit later on. A really smart move by MS. It's exactly what's happened to me (although Im not a Sony brand follower - just someone who has many friends on the platform). I missed the last gen on Xbox, so I'm gonna be like a kid in a sweet shop.

We need to see more Series S now.
      That price is crazy right... I was mulling over getting a second controller for the Series X but its £60 and the Series S is $249 and I wanted a second machine for the study at some point in the future. In the end I crumbled and just ordered both... It's almost rude not to pick one up.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
        That price is crazy right... I was mulling over getting a second controller for the Series X but its £60 and the Series S is $249 and I wanted a second machine for the study at some point in the future. In the end I crumbled and just ordered both... It's almost rude not to pick one up.
        It is. One of my sons wants a PS4 for xmas and I'm looking online and they're like on average £249.99. Same price as Series S. Amazing.

Comment

I think the craziest thing is with game pass you can essentially pick these up with very little outlay on actual games. So that will also entice people to grab one, especially as you say as a second platform.

Apart from my going crazy buying AC Valhalla and Cyberpunk recently I am spending very little on games these days just because game pass and also because I am paying for a lot of stuff via saving MS rewards points.

You could essentially pick this up, grab game pass for 3 months and then keep MS rewards ticking over to pay for each month after...

Comment

Game Pass seems to have some care in the curation of its content. PS Now seems to have a lot of filler on there. It's presented poorly too in my opinion. PlayStation just need to properly mimic Game Pass and all will be forgiven. This PS Plus Collection does nothing for previous PS4 enthusiasts. I think out of all of them on there. I only haven't played God of War and Days Gone.

Comment

Also... I was looking at grabbing a PS4 Pro but they're still so expensive I am just going to wait for the digital PS5 to come back in stock in the new year.

I don't see the point in paying £249 for the PS4 Pro when its only £100 more for the PS5. Plus I don't want to use the Dual Shock 4...

Comment

Game Pass seems to have some care in the curation of its content. PS Now seems to have a lot of filler on there. It's presented poorly too in my opinion. PlayStation just need to properly mimic Game Pass and all will be forgiven. This PS Plus Collection does nothing for previous PS4 enthusiasts. I think out of all of them on there. I only haven't played God of War and Days Gone.
                Yes the biggest factor is knowing first party titles go in there day one. You're not buying titles and then getting buyers remorse when it drops in there, at least not all that often... I did with Doom Eternal recently but who knew MS was buying Zenimax!?

That's the biggest difference between the services and I don't think Sony wants to do that because it fundamentally breaks their model. The best you could hope for is potentially Sony saying every 1st party title hits PS Now within 12 months.

The other pieces of Game Pass are just as well integrated. The app on Android is now really slick and you can install games remotely to your console or PC, or play via cloud... plus achievements work across all of them. Party chat works across it all, and the controller being bluetooth means you can play with the same controller wherever you are.

As a service, cross-platform Game Pass just works... it also doesn't hurt that it is priced so well.

Comment

I'm pretty sure a PS4 Pro cost the same as PS5 at the moment.

Comment

Both the Xbox One and the PS4 still seem to be crazily priced at the moment. I've seen the Xbox One S for £249, which...wat.

Comment

They're still €400 here.

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      I've seen the Xbox One S for £249, which...wat.
                      Yeah. €300 here.

Comment

I mean second hand... I've shopped around and PS4 Pro is hovering around £200-250 in places like CEX or on Ebay. I don't see the point at that price when you can buy the PS5 with warranty and the better controller. I also only intend to buy games digitally anyway so I am comparing the digital PS5 price to the PS4 Pro.

I don't know what is going on with the official RRP on the current gen. You'd expect MS and Sony to drop those prices like crazy prior to christmas but I guess they are keeping them inflated right now because otherwise they'd potentially eat into the next gen options?

Comment

The Cyberpunk LE One X is still on the shelf at my local electronics shop. €500.

No one is ever buying that.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            They're still €400 here.

Yeah. €300 here.
                            Where are you?

Comment

Where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                We could fly a drone over to you with a Series S attached?

Comment

Working...
                                X