Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK price has been confirmed as £449 for Series X.

Last edited by Family Fry; 09-09-2020, 13:09.

Comment

News may as well go in here as well but EA Access titles are now included with game pass.

Comment

£449 - Microsoft clearly using some of that billions of cash in hand to subsidise the hardware.

I originally said £379 in my predictions, then jumped to £599 and back down to £399 after the Series S price was confirmed. If they could have gone to £399, that would really have been a struggle for Sony to match.

Will Sony go to £449? Maybe with the DE.
        Last edited by MartyG; 09-09-2020, 13:14.

Comment

The XS logo there reminds me of Paco Rabanne for some reason.

Comment

Xbox All Access costs for UK.

Comment

I hadn't really clicked what they were doing with the All Access contract.

An interesting idea, but it feels like Wonga/Ocean Finance proposition.

Comment

They're very pricey over 24 months but then I don't know what the cost of Game Pass is so maybe it's comparable to what you'd spend anyway.

Comment

Quick math on the Series X and Access and it's pretty much spot on. You could save at least £50 by hunting around for cheaper sub costs and using other methods but given most don't then they wouldn't be losing any money

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    They're very pricey over 24 months but then I don't know what the cost of Game Pass is so maybe it's comparable to what you'd spend anyway.
                    Game Pass Ultimate is £10.99 a month so it’s interest free credit basically.

You can often get Game Pass cheaper by shopping around online for codes though.

Comment

so with the X £28.99 over 24 months is £695.76

minus the console 449.00 leaves £246.76

means your paying 10.28 a month for game pass ultimate

Comment

That's pretty good then. I was kind of expecting them to be more split into payments like that.

Comment

£450 is a great price for the full fat console too. MS bringing the guns out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                            so with the X £28.99 over 24 months is £695.76

minus the console 449.00 leaves £246.76

means your paying 10.28 a month for game pass ultimate
                            The Xbox Series S works out more expensive surprisingly

24 * 20.99 = 503.76

Minus price of console = £254.76

Game Pass Ultimate £254.76 / 24

£10.61 a month for GPU.
                            Last edited by MartyG; 09-09-2020, 14:22.

Comment

Thing is, isn't game pass ultimate £10.99 pm standard price right now anyway?

I mean I've bought discount cards and saved but normally it's this price anyway so both subscriptions are good and not price gouging.

Just up to you whether you want to pay everything by subscription and only really own the console at the end of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X