This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    It's just MS's BS about not being in competition with Sony anymore and just focused on Game Pass which is essentially the same tact every losing format takes - especially one that just spent the last three months in a direct willy waving contest with the Japanese Giant
    Pretty sure there's been a few tongue in cheek tweets from Xbox too. From when they acquired Bethesda.

Personally, I'm not too bothered. I think the competition is healthy though. So in that regard there kinda needs to be a bit of a war.

Comment

Yeah I was being a bit off the cuff sarcastic, don't mine me. I hate the term War... It's a bit fanboy'ish... Not that I am calling out anyone for using the term!

It's just become the go-to narrative and I actually think it's more redundant now than ever before given how drastically different the approaches are between the two companies going into this gen.

To be clear, yes of course MS is competing with Sony but it's also clear selling more consoles than them is not the goal. They can't compete there, and they know that so it's not really a war...

Comment

Always loved it since the playground arguments over Megadrive and SNES and Amiga boys. Like westside story. It's all fun. I enjoy reading the desperation.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          Always loved it since the playground arguments over Megadrive and SNES and Amiga boys. Like westside story. It's all fun. I enjoy reading the desperation.

Ah the good old days... When wars were wars.

Comment

Comment

I can only imagine how many hours kids used to spend arguing over which was better between Mario and Sonic... these days though it's probably changed to which panel is the best to use in Fortnite

Comment

Sony and Microsoft are absolutely in competition with one another. They are both targeting the same group of people, who only have so much money to devote to video games. They are both competing to get as big a share of that money as possible.

That PS5 ad Hudson posted they are getting hilariously over the top now! I’m loving this relentless hype. Put it directly in my veins.
                Last edited by wakka; 28-10-2020, 23:37.

Comment

I can confirm that Xbox v PS is a thing amongst teenagers.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                    I can confirm that Xbox v PS is a thing amongst teenagers.
                    I can confirm some of those teenagers are members here.

Comment

I can confirm that these guys just posted in here

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        I can confirm some of those teenagers are members here.
                        Whatevs, bruv.

Being a fanboi is best eva, totes emosh, innit?!

Comment

New TV set up, absolutely amazing, pretty blown away by HDR much more over 4k to be honest, cant wait for PS5 to arrive now to show off 4k more, and also my PS4 is an absolute jet engine now so i just want it gone.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                            I can confirm that these guys just posted in here
                            Brilliant! And accurate. 51 next week

Comment

Astrobot looks great. I can see me playing the hell out of that.
                              To loop it in to the 'console war', why the hell haven't MS made anything like this? I don't just mean a platformer, but something with that level of charm and quality? This is a free packed in game and it outshines anything MS have so far.
                              Both consoles were roughly conceived around the same time; Sony had time to develop this, and MS didn't? Where is MS fun charming game? Don't say psychonauts, its not.

Comment

I am 45 the week after. When entered senior school, you were in 6th form.

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                Brilliant! And accurate. 51 next week

Comment

Working...
                                X